Seth (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
    Ah, okay. Poor guys. No deprograming would rectify that situation!
    Poor guys... nobody seems to remember that the most powerful man in the world of Game of Thrones is a eunuch.
    They had hidden talents that didn't require those bits.

Or heck, the Unsullied...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Poor guys... nobody seems to remember that the most powerful man in the world of Game of Thrones is a eunuch.
      They had hidden talents that didn't require those bits.

Or heck, the Unsullied...
      Read Wilbur Smiths Egyptian Series, you would get a kick out of them.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Disturbing episode indeed, especially at the end when Carter crushes Seth into the ground with the hand device. So brutal, love it.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Well. At least they rescued most of them.... Ouch.

I have posted the Systemlord hologram on SG:C :
          https://www.stargatecommand.co/forum...tml&k=b4ff8e7b

The symbol of Anubis is also there, but how if he has disappeared in the last 1000 years? Even his rank was not Systemlord anymore... Even Hathor is there as part of Ra's family. So the whole plot is a bit silly that the Tok'Ra could track every Goa'uld, because obviously they couldn't do it with those ones who were left on Earth :
          Spoiler:
          Hathor, Osiris, Isis, Sahmet...
          Probably the writers were not planning ahead so long as they dropped these new Goa'uld names just randomly.
          Last edited by Platschu; 10 August 2018, 01:48 PM.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Read Wilbur Smiths Egyptian Series, you would get a kick out of them.
            Noted.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            I have posted the Systemlord hologram on SG:C :
            https://www.stargatecommand.co/forum...tml&k=b4ff8e7b
            I don't know how it could be recreated but that hologram is awesome. Would look wicked on my new Ikea Kallax.

Comment

Since they showed the pyramid from every angle, you could make a homemade version, but it wouldn't be a hologram.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Since they showed the pyramid from every angle, you could make a homemade version, but it wouldn't be a hologram.
                It could look like one if we used plexiglass or something, with some sort of light or a sort of projection. I've seen someone use some sort of tech to create projections which simulated Doctor Strange's spells.

Comment

3x02 Seth
                  1.Teal’c mentioned in the Nox episode that he has never seen Apophis to use a personal shield. So how could Seth develop such technology if he was separated from the offworld Goa’uld realm?
                  http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x02/03.jpg
                  My comment : Maybe Apophis was not in combat situation directly in Teal’c presence, but I am guessing the shield technology was available for a while with the ribbon device.

2.The pictures about Seth’s followers are scans from the Vampire : The Masquarade.
                  http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x02/05.jpg
                  http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x02/04.jpg

Comment

2.The pictures about Seth’s followers are scans from the Vampire : The Masquarade.
                    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x02/05.jpg
                    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x02/04.jpg
                    How did you figure that one out?

Comment

Actually I haven't. I have just translated the information. And I can also not confirm if it is true or not.

Comment

Actually I haven't. I have just translated the information. And I can also not confirm if it is true or not.
                        I'll check when I get home.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Sorry haven't read the entirety of the thread. Caught Seth today on TV and i have a question. At one point Sam, Jack and Daniel walk towards a group of cult members, each of them (SG-1) with a zat in each hand. They fire at the group (more than once? I can't remember) but anyway: if one zat blast = stunned, and 2 blasts = dead and 3 blasts = disappeared - wouldn't being hit by multiple zats from different directions (the group were all standing close to each other) mean that the chances are each was hit at least twice, if not 3 times, and should be at least dead or disappeared?

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Clanger View Post
                              Sorry haven't read the entirety of the thread. Caught Seth today on TV and i have a question. At one point Sam, Jack and Daniel walk towards a group of cult members, each of them (SG-1) with a zat in each hand. They fire at the group (more than once? I can't remember) but anyway: if one zat blast = stunned, and 2 blasts = dead and 3 blasts = disappeared - wouldn't being hit by multiple zats from different directions (the group were all standing close to each other) mean that the chances are each was hit at least twice, if not 3 times, and should be at least dead or disappeared?
                              I just rewatched that episode and I have to agree, the scene with the zats doesn't really make sense. If we go by the rules that one shot stuns, two kill, and three disintegrate, then the probability that at least one cult member would have been killed or even disintegrated is quite high. Maybe they were aiming quite precisely, but even then they would be taking quite a chance with all the electricity. And to be honest, it did not look like they were aiming that precisely.

I made up an explanation for myself, but I am widely speculating here.
                              Another thing I realized is that the cult members that Jack and Daniel shoot, get back up very fast after they are shot. For example, in other episodes, when SG-1 zats Jaffa, they stay down way longer.
                              If you remember, in the episode “Within the Serpents Grasp” (season 1, episode 22) Jack shoots Klorel with a zat gun to break his control over Skaara. The zat blast affects mainly Klorel, while Skaara can respond to Jack nearly immediately.

Now to my theory. Jack and Daniel shoot the cult members with the zat'nik'tel to kill and break through the nish’ta organism under whose influence they are. What if the zat blast mainly affects the nish’ta organism before it affects the person’s actual body. The nish’ta organism is killed by the electrical charge but the person isn’t hit by the full intensity of the blast. This could be the reason why they are able to get up as fast as they do, in my opinion. And then the normal “zat'nik'tel rules” might only apply after the nish’ta organism is killed. Or the effects of the zat blast leave the body with the nish’ta.

I hope this doesn’t sound too chaotic. It is just a thought I had at about four a clock in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X