No announcement yet.

Seth (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so it was more seths being unprepared then sg-1 being talented?

Sorry if I am taking your words out of context.
    sigpic

Comment

Nah - I'm probably rambling a bit. I do tend to do that from time to time. I don't think it's more one than the other - I think it's the perfect combination of both.

Seth simply isn't ready for SG-1 - they, on the other hand, are ready for him.

That's what tips the balance in their favour. Seth isn't a pushover - after all; he kept his head when all around him were losing theirs (to mis-quote Kipling) and it's quite possible he could have got away amongst the fleeing disciples if Selmak hadn't been present and spotted him. The necessary foreknowledge of what they were likely to face, and preparedness for it, was SG-1's strongest weapon; and they had the skill to use that advantage to the full.
      sigpic

Comment

i liked how seth and sam had a ribbon device war i thought that was a great part then how you see seth dead but throwen into the ground that was just funny

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
          I shall attempt to translate one: A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard and a Setesh Guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent Guard's eyes glow. The Horus Guard's beak glistens. The Setesh Guard's nose drips.
          Hehe, I laughed so hard when I heard this joke, just because it was so lame. But I love it.

I'm watching this episode at the moment. It's quite a cool episode.

Originally posted by Slainte
          I really like this episode for the Carter family interaction and that includes the bits between Jacob and Selmak. We get a brief glimpse of the dynamic between host and symbiote.
          I agree, it's so interesting seeing the they interact with themselves, and with Sam.

This is one of my favourite episodes
          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz
            Hehe, I laughed so hard when I heard this joke, just because it was so lame. But I love it.
            Bizarrely, I laughed because I thought it was funny. Still don't know why - 'cos it is indeed very lame. Of course the best bit was the reaction from the rest of the team, like the panel used to do in 'Shooting Stars' when Vic told a joke. All that was missing was the whistling wind and the tumbleweeds.

(Obscure British Comedy Quiz reference. Apologies to any non-Brits who've never heard of it and are thinking 'What's she on about now? )
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
              (Obscure British Comedy Quiz reference. Apologies to any non-Brits who've never heard of it and are thinking 'What's she on about now? )
              Oo-va-vu.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                Oo-va-vu.
                Er-ah-nu

'Ang on a mo - weren't they the other way round?
                sigpic

Comment

i enjoyed the ep. i thought it was a good idea with seth being on earth, and all the bits about his history and stuff. also always nice to see jacob. i think the is good with sam using the goauld technology.

chaka's mum- i use to watch shooting stars- v.funny

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Just a weird bit of topic drift, there!

Sam was pretty astounding with that hand device - though I think we all agree it was a bit startling that they all forgot she was vulnerable to Seth picking up on her naquadah 'signal'. Even Jacob and Teal'c didn't mention it - despite knowing that he'd spot Selmak and Junior in less time than it takes to say 'I have - or used to have - a symbiote somewhere about my person'.

It has to be said that there are a few nagging bits and bobs like that in the episode, but I still enjoy it - and it's got Jacob in it ; so I don't care!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                      Just a weird bit of topic drift, there!

Sam was pretty astounding with that hand device - though I think we all agree it was a bit startling that they all forgot she was vulnerable to Seth picking up on her naquadah 'signal'. Even Jacob and Teal'c didn't mention it - despite knowing that he'd spot Selmak and Junior in less time than it takes to say 'I have - or used to have - a symbiote somewhere about my person'.

It has to be said that there are a few nagging bits and bobs like that in the episode, but I still enjoy it - and it's got Jacob in it ; so I don't care!
                      Sam with the hand device was pretty amazing. She hadn't used it since Thor's Chariot, correct?
                      my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill
                        Sam with the hand device was pretty amazing. She hadn't used it since Thor's Chariot, correct?
                        Yep...and I don't think she used it after this episode? Right?

I actually didn't like this episode very much. Its one of the early episodes Brad wished they never had done. And the costume design for this episode...bleh.
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I am getting well and truly addicted to Stargate now! This entire episode was worth it just for Teal'c's joke - and the look on his comrade's faces when he told it. I loved the way mythology was tied into the story.

I did feel a bit sorry for the ATS guy though, he was only trying to do his job. But the exchanges between him, Jack and Jacob, plus the call from the President, were very funny.

It's always good to see Jacob and his evolving relationship with Selmek.
                          sigpic
                          Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

I found the joke quite funny, myself; in a 'slightly emphatic exhalation of breath through the nose in mild amusement' kind of way.

It's the way he tells 'em.

Thinking back - no I don't think Sam ever used the hand device again. I'm not surprised, though. She said from the outset that she couldn't control it - and proved it by, quite literally, impacting Seth into a stone floor. Besides, given what else it can do, I suspect she'd rather not even touch it ever again.

Even though Brad regrets doing this one, I enjoyed it. Okay the moral of the story is laid on with a trowel, but it's got Jacob and Selmak in it.

I am, it seems, easily pleased.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thoough i still would love to know where he got the rings from, since he has supposedly been exiled here.

Comment

Chances are that he's had them all along - given that his followers consider him a God, advanced technology is going to just be another manifestation of his divinity to them, so they'll cart it and all the requisite power-generating stuff wherever he requires it. Even if that means across the Atlantic.

Of course, the alternative is that it's a plot hole!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X