Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seth (302)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Mr Prophet
    If you have a devoted enough cult you can transport pretty much anything anywhere, simply by main force.
    Though I keep wondering what customs must have thought when he brought them into the country.....or do you mean....*he didn't tell them?*

    Thanks to bling for the great sig!
    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
    ~CELLO!~
    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Iskandra
      Though I keep wondering what customs must have thought when he brought them into the country.....or do you mean....*he didn't tell them?*
      In the 19th century he'd have been fine.

      Seth (Upper class accent): "What these? Plundered them from an Egyptian burial chamber, what."
      Customs man: "Right you are, squire. Bob; help the gent load 'is wagon, would you."
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Mr Prophet
        In the 19th century he'd have been fine.

        Seth (Upper class accent): "What these? Plundered them from an Egyptian burial chamber, what."
        Customs man: "Right you are, squire. Bob; help the gent load 'is wagon, would you."
        hehehehe...
        He was probably on first-name terms with Mr Budge....

        Thanks to bling for the great sig!
        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
        ~CELLO!~
        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Iskandra
          hehehehe...
          He was probably on first-name terms with Mr Budge....
          Maybe he was Budge.

          Hey! Maybe that's why Stukeley suddenly went mad and became a druid; he got Goa'ulded in one of his excavations!

          Of course we all know why they keep printing Budge; it's free and the name still shifts copy.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Mr Prophet
            Maybe he was Budge.

            Hey! Maybe that's why Stukeley suddenly went mad and became a druid; he got Goa'ulded in one of his excavations!

            Of course we all know why they keep printing Budge; it's free and the name still shifts copy.
            Yeah, thankee...I just snorted into my coffee

            What an *interesting* theory.....but I never thought Budge was so good-looking...even I got some Budge at home...for private amusement. Or when I have Egyptologist friends over for tea
            Last edited by Iskandra; 19 December 2004, 12:29 PM. Reason: typhoo ;)

            Thanks to bling for the great sig!
            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
            ~CELLO!~
            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Iskandra
              Yeah, thankee...I just snorted into my coffee

              What an *interesting* theory.....but I never thought Budge was so good-looking...even I got some Budge at home...for private amusement. Or when I have Egyptologist friends over for tea
              I got a copy of his Book of the Dead when I was studying, but it was such drek I never really read it. I'd never realised the Egyptians were so...Judeo-Christian.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                I got a copy of his Book of the Dead when I was studying, but it was such drek I never really read it. I'd never realised the Egyptians were so...Judeo-Christian.
                See? You were right with your conspiracy theory. If Seth was Budge, he had to write it like that -Seth is a perfectly normal biblical Judeo-Christian name!

                I got the Book of the Dead as well...Dover books are dirt cheap, and for a good laugh...

                Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                ~CELLO!~
                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

                Comment


                  #53
                  I agree....and also it was nice to have my name as a Gou'ld.
                  Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by DelTrax1
                    I agree....and also it was nice to have my name as a Gou'ld.
                    Your name ist Seth? Cool, it's one of my favourite names because it is also an Egyptian god!

                    Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                    ~CELLO!~
                    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      I doubt they've told Mark either about Selmak or about what his sister does. Biggest secret in the country, he doesn't have a need to know. I doubt they told Sarah Gardner's family either.
                      Oh, yeah. Which makes one wonder what, exactly, they got told. And what their reaction would be if they ever found out the truth. I mean, it's not a small thing to find out that your dad is an alien, or that your daughter/sister was abducted by them.

                      I wrote a fic once about Mark's reaction. It's here .
                      My LiveJournal.

                      If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                      -Frank A. Clark

                      An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                      -Michel de Saint-Pierre

                      Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                      -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

                      Comment


                        #56
                        cool

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by TheBlueDragon
                          cool
                          You're a bit...monosyllabic, right?

                          Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                          Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                          ~CELLO!~
                          ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Has anyone got a picture or can just tell me what a setesh guard helmet looks like?

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by LMichelle
                              Did anyone notice the pic of Daniel on a camel in his office? It looked like Spader's Daniel to me. They never showed it up close to make out any features, but it didn't look like MS to me. Ummm, maybe it's me, but shouldn't he have a picture of Sha're on his desk?
                              He does. It's just in front of, and to the right of, the Camel one and it's hidden for most of the scene because of where Daniel's sitting. I'm pretty sure it makes appearances in other eps as well where Daniel's desk is shown.

                              Originally posted by kirmit
                              Has anyone got a picture or can just tell me what a setesh guard helmet looks like?
                              Alas, I don't think anyone's ever seen a Setesh Guard helmet. He got clobbered by the other system lords so long ago that I guess all the Setesh Guards were either killed off or incorporated into the ranks of other System Lords' Jaffa (and their offspring were subsequently tattooed with their marks instead). It's a shame, really. I'd love to know why their noses dripped. Maybe their food was too spicy or something.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                #60
                                ...he would have been interesting to keep around when Osiris comes in, given that Osiris will likely be very unhappy with him.
                                ************

                                True and I reckon that would have made for some interesting episodes, but oh well

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X