Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaffa jokes don't get much better then that

Comment

Opinion doesn't seem to have changed since last time. It's still hitting all the right points I'd be making anew.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I really enjoyed this episode, and I don't think it was so surprising that if Seth was wanted by pretty much everyone that the best place to hide would be Earth indeed. However, he may have done a poor job at hiding really, considering him being a powerhungry maniac. His greatest weakness does him in.

Selmak getting tired of Jacob's issues --

Teal'c telling that joke -- I totally cracked up at the reaction by the others. Something definitely went lost in translation there, but come one... it was hilarious.

Sam killing Seth at the end obviously stirred some emotions the way she looks... she kinda looked a little stunned, surprised, lost all at once.
      Someone over at Stargate Command made a comment about how Seth is on Earth when Stargate Origins takes place, but after seeing this episode, I'm fairly certain that a) he got lost in 15 years of Stargate shows, b) he was hiding on Earth from the System Lords and the Tok'ra, and c) chances are remarkably high he spend his entire time since last time he was spotted in 1722 in England, in the American colonies to continue hiding. He doesn't want to be found so why on Earth would he try to get to the stargate, other than to destroy it probably, since that's how he might get found. It would be possible, but it would go against the established charaterization of Seth from season 3.

How would you rate SG-1's "Seth?"

Excellent
      Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's a fairly straight forward action episode to be honest. I think it is mostly filler to show that the Goa'uld could be cult leaders. The main point is about how messed up family relationships are. BTW the ATF agent spying should be fired for a terrible job. It's a good mostly because Sam gets to use a hand device.

To FH's point I think the writers of Origins don't even consider Seth as he has such a low impact.

Can I have some Joy of Seth now?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          To FH's point I think the writers of Origins don't even consider Seth as he has such a low impact.
          And there's that.

Comment

Dropping the 3-episode quiz (Into The Fire, Seth & Fair Game) today and the jigsaw puzzle for Seth.

Comment

I was a little slow on this one. 6 minutes and 30 seconds
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I was slower -- 8:33

Comment

Maybe it's the window Puzzle Tood needs
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I have just rewatched this episode. It is still entertaining, but it was really disturbing this whole castration plot in the end. It was placed for a joke from O'Neill, but then I started to sorry the rescued guys from Seth's courtyard. So it was weird and they should have left it out.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I just rewatched the last 20 minutes, and I don't remember anything about castration. So, all the guys were castrated?

8:27

Comment

Look up the word eunuchs
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I just don't remember it. Chalk it up to old age.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Look up the word eunuchs

I know what a eunuch is , jelgate. I just phrased my statement weird.

Comment

Daniel says the male slaves were soldiers or eunuchs
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah, okay. Poor guys. No deprograming would rectify that situation!

Comment

Working...
                                X