No announcement yet.

Seth (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh and it's more than a little irritating the way Jack was with the ATF boss guy at first. He would HATE for an outside agency to usurp his authority, and he should have shown more respect for the guy's authority.

A bit later he was more concilliatory and that was fine.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Teal'c owns this episode with his Jaffa joke and his laughter. Oh, Seth was there too, right. But I only remembered the Jaffa joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
        I quite like that one. Not least because it spawned some fantastic Mag7(ATF)/SG-1 crossover fics (if only I knew where they were)
        If you ever find them, please share links. Thanks.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

asking around

sigpic

Comment

This is one of my all time favourite eppies of SG1. I remember watching it the first time around, and almost choking at Teal'c's Jaffa joke.

It was shown here last week, and it's still as funny now as it was then. Great ep!

Cate
            sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

My big question is where did all the Gou'ald tech come from? The zats, bombs, ring transports, etc? Has Seth kept that stuff for 10k years or is he able to manufacture it? We know so little on how the Gou'ald tech is built, I truly wonder.

The hail Dorothy comment is great and powerful!

Comment

I think we're meant to assume that he had it with him all along and was a very patient Goa'uld

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                  I think we're meant to assume that he had it with him all along and was a very patient Goa'uld
                  And that tech and its power sources (naquadah?) is really durable.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Well, who knows WHEN he got here? let alone how much he came with..

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      And that tech and its power sources (naquadah?) is really durable.
                      Are you saying we're meant to assume that? I thought we already knew the tech and its power source were durable.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, and I don't think it was so surprising that if Seth was wanted by pretty much everyone that the best place to hide would be Earth indeed. However, he may have done a poor job at hiding really, considering him being a powerhungry maniac. His greatest weakness does him in.

Selmak getting tired of Jacob's issues --

Teal'c telling that joke -- I totally cracked up at the reaction by the others. Something definitely went lost in translation there, but come one... it was hilarious.

Sam killing Seth at the end obviously stirred some emotions the way she looks... she kinda looked a little stunned, surprised, lost all at once.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I really enjoyed this episode, and I don't think it was so surprising that if Seth was wanted by pretty much everyone that the best place to hide would be Earth indeed. However, he may have done a poor job at hiding really, considering him being a powerhungry maniac. His greatest weakness does him in.

Selmak getting tired of Jacob's issues --

Teal'c telling that joke -- I totally cracked up at the reaction by the others. Something definitely went lost in translation there, but come one... it was hilarious.

Sam killing Seth at the end obviously stirred some emotions the way she looks... she kinda looked a little stunned, surprised, lost all at once.
                          That is exactly what I was coming here to comment on.

I enjoyed this episode so and it really was all down to that scene. It was clearly obvious exactly how the others where going to react, even as Teal'C said first mentioned a joke, but Christopher Judge's delivery and his own reaction afterward were just priceless - the way he moved of to the corner of the room, either hurt by the reaction or bewildered as to how these "idiots" didn't get it. So funny.

Comment

The reaction to Teal'c's joke is just the same as if you tell Americans a joke about East Frisians - nobody will laugh because nobody understands.
                            I can write this because I lived in that part of Germany for 10 years.
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

An okay episode but not among my favorites. Tealc's joke was the best part of it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Not one of my favourite episodes, and my major issue I remember at the time being that Set in Egyptian Lore was actually their God Of War. Also associated with Foreigners and the Desert/Darkness. Yes he was revilved for a long time in Egyptian Culture.

The way he was depicted in Seth (and I had major issues when I realised the same actor had been Daniel's 'father') didn't really do it for me. Yes he was acting very Go'auld like and my assumption was that all the Go'auld tech he had was from a long time ago (then again, it lasts a LONG time).

Comment

Working...
                                X