Holiday (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
    It basically would just be a method of execution.. you go into the body of a dying person.
    Nevertheless, it's still a violation.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Nicholas Rush would of done it

Comment

Nirude, have you read Bone Dance by Emma Bull? It features a race(?) called the horsemen who do exactly what you're suggesting--let's just say they're not the heroes.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          Nirude, have you read Bone Dance by Emma Bull? It features a race(?) called the horsemen who do exactly what you're suggesting--let's just say they're not the heroes.

Seaboe
          Nope. Is it sci-fi? If so, I'll give it a read

Comment

Yes, it is.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Yes, it is.

Seaboe
              Thanks. The synopsis reads a little like SGU itself (the ancient stone thingy). Could be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
                Nicholas Rush would of done it
                Never watched SGU so I don't know his character traits.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

A selfish pragmatist
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    A selfish pragmatist
                    I'd say he was a selfless scientist focused on the advancement of humans/destiny's mission above all else. So yeah, a pragmatist but not so much "selfish" despite coming across that way.

Comment

Of course he was selfish. He doesn't care who gets hurt as long as his "mission" is carried out. Especially in S1. Everyone was put into danger on Destiny because of his selfish nature
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I was going to point out that even selfless scientists can be selfish, if their selflessness means they make decisions for others and insist that others be equally as selfless.

IOW, making decisions affecting many without consideration of anything other than personal desires and goals.

Seaboe

Comment

I was going to point out that even selfless scientists can be selfish, if their selflessness means they make decisions for others and insist that others be equally as selfless.
                          Heh. In that case I'd say the line between selfishness and selflessness is a fine one indeed. I'm sure philosophers have debated this better than we ever can. Ma'chello probably knows though.

Comment

Selfishness is a part of human nature - without being selfish no individual and consequently no species could survive. The task is to find the right amount of selfishness.
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

I would like to assume most of us wouldn't be selfish to the point we would sacrifice lives
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                I would like to assume most of us wouldn't be selfish to the point we would sacrifice lives
                                Two billion sacrified themselves for Ma'chello, without that sacrifice the Tau'ri wouldn't be free (according to Ma'chello, unless he is lying). Food for thought On this topic its difficult to come up with a motto that is universal to every situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X