Holiday (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DancerChick1982 View Post
    All I'll say is at least the shippers didn't get a Jack-Sam swap, that's just too predictable!!!! Unfortunately, those who dabble in slash got what they wanted.
    There's nothing unfortunately about a Jack/Daniel swap in the slash'er sense, unless you consider it unfortunately it didn't happen to Sam/Jack...

Besides male/female swaps are always a tad predictable -- although Farscape did it brilliantly.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      There's nothing unfortunately about a Jack/Daniel swap in the slash'er sense, unless you consider it unfortunately it didn't happen to Sam/Jack...

Besides male/female swaps are always a tad predictable -- although Farscape did it brilliantly.
      Farscape did a lot of sci-fi cliches brillantly. They always went for the less obvious.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I was actually thrilled about the Jack/Daniel swap (never saw it coming), but I'm not a slash type so I didn't take it in the direction of "oooh, they swapped! I wonder what will happen next..." and try to make something more of it. I just love the fact that Michael Shanks had the personality down a little too well... :-) I quite frankly would have loved a longer interaction, but at least it was long enough to be funny and not too long to be annoying or overdone.

I LOVE that Farscape episode, the most predictable switch was PERFECT!
        sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
        Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
        Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
        Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Farscape did a lot of sci-fi cliches brillantly. They always went for the less obvious.
          I agree, especially in the body switching episode, it in my opinion was the best I've seen.

That being said I like holiday but only the Tealc and Jack scenes, when rewatching I just skip and watch their scenes and the musical chairs scene. Both actors did a good job being each other.
          sigpic

Comment

*resurrects ancient thread*

I was in fits over the Jack/Teal'c/Daniel body swapping. All the mannerisms are perfect. Also, I'd say Michael played Ma'chello's unfamiliar personality quite convincingly, considering how painfully awkward it felt to watch "Daniel" make a fool of himself in public.

I'm glad it didn't go the male/female body swap route, too.

Would have loved to see Sam and Janet switch places, though. ;p
            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Great body swapping! I also liked the homeless man - he was kind of cute. Hammond on the edge of smiling when talking to O'Neill/Teal'c - rare event.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                Great body swapping! I also liked the homeless man - he was kind of cute. Hammond on the edge of smiling when talking to O'Neill/Teal'c - rare event.
                I like how O'Neill/Teal'c gave him this "he totally burned me!" look when Hammond told him "You're not exactly yourself. Permission denied." Poor O'Neill, first his real head almost gets shaved...and then this!
                sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
                Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
                Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
                Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

When did his real head get almost shaved off?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    When did his real head get almost shaved off?
                    Teal'c wanted to shave his (O'Neill's) head, but O'Neill convinced him to wait and give them a chance to switch back.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Ah.. Thought it was from some other ep.

Comment

I liked Teal'c/Jack but Ma'chello just annoyed me... Cool story though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          I liked Teal'c/Jack but Ma'chello just annoyed me... Cool story though.
                          I liked Ma'chello, particularly when he was talking to Daniel on his deathbed near the end. I was hoping they could switch his body with someone on death row as the guy is a war hero.. a plotline you might of seen on Stargate Universe perhaps but not on SG1 sadly

And the way he pronounces "Goa'uld" is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
                            I was hoping they could switch his body with someone on death row as the guy is a war hero.
                            That would be against human rights, wouldn't it?
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                              That would be against human rights, wouldn't it?
                              Yes, even prisoners on death row have basic human rights.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yes, even prisoners on death row have basic human rights.
                                It basically would just be a method of execution.. you go into the body of a dying person.

Comment

Working...
                                X