No announcement yet.

Holiday (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can't even recognize MS as Ma'chello.

Comment

You can certainly recognise his voice though - caught the ep on DVD last night! And further more - I surprised no one's ever done a fic where Daniel meets Fred the beggar who thinks he's his old buddy Machello!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Machello had some cool anti-goa'uld tech.

Comment

We didn't see too much of it.

They should return to that storyline, atleast to explain what all the stuff was

Comment

The switching bodies/musical chairs thing was funny.

Comment

yes it was.

Comment

the machine kinda worked like... the Ancient one in sight unseen.

Comment

I loved the comic aspects of this episode,and Michael Shanks played Machello's sense of childlike wonder really well !
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                    I loved the comic aspects of this episode,and Michael Shanks played Machello's sense of childlike wonder really well !
                    Ah! The Machello/Fred bits were the best. "If that is the custom. We shall feast....on me!"
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

I really liked them both....maybe I'm just a softie,but by the end I wanted Machello to live !
                      Hasten to add, that I did not want Daniel to die,but I hoped Janet could have saved Machello.Then he could carry on his friendship with Fred ,and help Sam/SGC work out how to use his inventions safely.

Several others have mentioned the Swapping device,and their wish for Sam to have used it ....I'd have liked her to have swapped with Teal'c.
                      That'd have been fun to watch,IMO.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I wanted Ma'chello to live too because there was so much he could have tought us. I only hope they show them cracking his code later on or something.

I wasn't too impressed with the Daniel/Ma'chello switch but the Jack/Teal'c switch was fantastic. Christopher Judge did a fabulous job playing Jack, he even threw in some of those fabulous hand gentures. However, as much as I love him, I didn't think RDA did a very good job playing Teal'c. He was too monotone and simply reminded me of the Jack-alien from Cold Lazarus.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

"Ya think?"

RDA and CJ did a great job with the body switching, but I was glad to see them all back the way they should be. It freaked me out to see Teal'c with Jack's sense of humor.

I was having impure thoughts watching Daniel eat the ice cream sundae. Okay, moving along. . . *whistles*

Sam always comes through and finds the answer five minutes before the end of the show, doesn't she?

Lisa Michelle

Comment

'Course she does, or else she wouldn't be the mondo brains of the show.

I think that they did a great job with this one. Nearly all the characters got to play each other. Michael Shanks got to play Daniel, Michello (both with and without the prosthetics), and Jack. Christopher Judge played Teal'c (duh), Jack and Michello, and RDA got to play Jack (another duh), Teal'c and Daniel. Though, I don't think he did as good a job playing Teal'c as I think he could have, and did a worse job doing Daniel. Oh, well. Even at his worst he's still great.

Great effects. It took me several times before I realized that Michael Shanks played opposite himself as Daniel/Michello (I never read the credits) He plays a pretty good old dude. Wonder if they'll ever bring back some of the tech from Michello in a future episode? It would be nice, I think. Michello did mention that if they could figure it out, they could defeat the Goa'uld (I know, the Ancients' tech and all, but I still think it'd be nice to bring back this tech)
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

am surprised too that they didnt come back to Machello's inventions and find a way to crack his code.

he did say that there was enough there to fight the Goauld and Hammond/SG1 didnt see it as a priority to carry on Machello's work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                                CJ was great playing Jack. Of course, Jack is closer to CJ's real personality, as far as I can tell. Which makes it even more amazing that he does Teal'c so well.

I thought RDA did a much better job as Daniel, even if it was for a shorter time. He had the self hug and the "Jack?" down pat. And, MS did a great Jack, too.

It would have been interesting to see AT imitate one of the guys.
                                Exactly I agree with all of it!

I would have loved to see AT playing say Jack or Teal'c and say RDA as Sam, lol. But I guess the PTB didn't wanna mess with the implications of having a male character in a female body (especially a female he has feelings for in Jack's case) and vice versa. It would have been great though.

I liked Ma'chello and MS was great at playing him. But that one bit with Jack in Daniel's body was perfect.
                                May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
                                X