No announcement yet.

The Tok'ra, Part 2 (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An improvement over ep 1. The interaction between Jacob and Selmak/Saroosh is great. I'm glad Jacob blends with Selmak. They make the Tok'ra eps so much more enjoyable.
    sigpic

Comment

The interaction between Jacob, Saroosh and Selmak I agree makes this part interesting watching. It helped to show how different the Tok'ra symbiotes are I guess. I liked the way Selmak wanted to make sure she was making a good decision about blending with Jacob, there was as much apprehension there as it was with Jacob.

I also liked the way the Tau'ri stayed to help the Tok'ra rather than leave them to their fate, reinforcing the fact that they were good allies. Jack unearthing the spy added to this and showed that they were useful in ways the Tok'ra would not think of. Garshaw kissing Jack in appreciation is a great moment, throws him a bit and again adds a little more confusion to his view of the Tok'ra.

Comment

If the Tokra Part I is slow in development then this is the opposite. The only compliant I have is the predictablity of chosing Jacob as a host to Selmack. Besides that it has everything for me. The action of the Goa'uld coming keeps me interested plus the character tumoril of Jacob deciding to be a host to Selmack. It was really interesting to see him go from near death to implantation.

One thing that always bugged is if Cordesh jumped host what happened to the symbiote in the black haired woman
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Chel nok! Very Cool!

Hearing the Stargate Program presented in its simplist terms is a pleasure that always prompts an over the top reaction. How can it not? But Jacob, typically criticizing what he doesn't understand, being rude right in the presence of the Tok'ra, still contributed to a funny moment when he and Selmak's dying host shared a cough. Ok, Jack's little cough after being cheeked by Garshan was cute too.

Retun appearance of Daniel's box...last one?

Comment

Most second parters are better than part 1 because they resolve the cliff hanger from part 1, and this episode is no exception.

I know Jacob becoming host to Selmak was predictable, but I thought it was a masterstroke nonetheless. The proverbial two birds with one stone, as it were. By bringing Jacob into the Stargate program and having him blend with Selmak made another deep connection between Earth and the greater universe. Jacob could have been any one of us experiencing space travel and aliens for the first time, so it all hits home more for the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              The only compliant I have is the predictablity of chosing Jacob as a host to Selmack.
              What would you have preferred?

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Part 2 was definately better than Part 1. I loved the interaction between Jacob and Selmak/Saroosh.
                My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

I love the whole Jacob story. It's so great to see an outsider's view of the Stargate program for the first time. Carmen did such a fabulous job showing his wonder and confusion meeting aliens for the first time and then choosing to become one of them.

Saroosh reminds me of my grandmother. She looks and sounds just like her, and my grandma was spunky and direct like Selmak. So I'm a fan! I really wish we would have gotten to know Selmak as a seperate character from Jacob a little more than we ultimately did.

Am I the only one who thought RDA sounded like he had a cold?

Comment

This ep first aired in the UK...circa '98? I hadn't started watching SG1 at that point.

Easter 2000: Sky 1 rerun SG1 S2, I was away in Spain.

Late 2000-early '01? Channel 4 show S2. I plain don't bother to watch the ep before I reckon I know everything that's going to happen.

September 2011: The Stargate franchise is over for the foreseeable future and I decide it's a good reason to finally catch this ep as part of the Rewatch.

1. Jack thought SG1 and 3 would break out. Oh boy...

2. The one thing I was looking forward to with this ep, Jacob's first reaction to what Sam 'really' does. Pretty cool.

3. Jacob and Selmak's first conversation. Pretty cool.

4. Garshaw's reaction to Jack telling her that Cordesh had a communication device...

Not quite one of the classics but certainly an ep I should have watched on a Sunday afternoon a decade plus ago.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      I really wish we would have gotten to know Selmak as a seperate character from Jacob a little more than we ultimately did.
                      me too.

Comment

I'm no fan of the Tok'ra, but Jacob blending with Selmack does "humanize" them. The relationship between Sam and her dad is priceless. My father and I weren't very close when I was growing up, but my relationship with him has become deeper now that I'm an adult. Maybe he loosed up as he came to know me more as an adult, and less like his "little girl".

** Sigh ** I love a good father/daughter relationship!

Comment

Oops! I didn't know that that smiley was Vala. That definitely was a bad relationship! I've learned a lesson--hover over the smiley before selecting it.

Comment

I really liked both of these episodes. Although O'Neill just happening to figure out both of the traitors like that was a little lame.

Random question: What is up with season 2 replacing Harriman with some chick as the person who runs the gate?
                            http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

This episode was very exciting and interesting, really liked it!

Comment

Ah, now this one is better than the first. More Sam/Jacob interaction, some action, some intrigue...good stuff.

I have to admit that the way Selmak 'blends' with Jacob is a bit unnerving, though. That's gotta leave some kind of weird aftertaste in your mouth...

Best line:
                                Jacob: "Holy Hannah! No more arthritis!"
                                "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

Working...
                                X