X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lunasera
    replied
    7.35 on the puzzle...

Not a fan of the wife replacement actress... she's fine but I didn't sense much chemistry with Teal'c. It always seemed weird to me that they didn't relocated Teal'c's family after the last visit to Chulac.

Leave a comment:

• Who Knows
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Platschu
    replied
    Errors :

1. Teal'c shots Rya'c with a closed zat gun:
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x08/01.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    I can't say this one is one of my favorites. I like the character development alright, but that Zat ending is a bit of a ridiculous cop-out. I do like that Judge gets some real drama and he isn't just the muscle.

Leave a comment:

• Chantellebaker
    replied
    This episode is great I love it the acting is superb the actors are great and I think the actress brook parker is beautiful as well as the actress salli Richardson who played drey'auc in Bloodlines

Leave a comment:

• BethHG
    replied
    9:39

I think that CJ acted perfectly for this episode; however, I rate this one as okay. I really don't have any stand out moments at all.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    8 minutes and 8 seconds

Leave a comment:

• aretood2
    replied
    I found this episode forgettable, literally...I totally forgot about it until my rewatch that I started last year. Good Lord, the betrayal was a visible from Earth. To be honest, I have easily forgotten that Teal'c is a family man multiple times only to be reminded and say "oh yeah". My point is that it felt rather tacked on, not fully thought out. And this episode is the genesis of such things. This is the part where stargate does falter a bit. The lives surrounding the characters beyond their adventures. Then again...I think that's more of a 90's thing too. I can't remember how I felt about this back when I first saw it.

10 Minutes and 12 Seconds.
    Last edited by aretood2; January 12, 2018, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    FH is mostly right. This episode is a good idea but the execution is wrong. It's so obvious a trap and the way the characters act is so contradictory to themselves. This is most obvious with Tealc. I too have a problem with comparing a zat blast to ECT. SG1 should have severe brain damage. It would also made a lot more sense for Jack to zat Fro'tak three times to remove the evidence.

6 minutes and 23 seconds

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    If I ever liked this episode, I'm not entirely sure that I still do.

The whole time my inner alarm bells are ringing so loud, I actually checked whether there was someone at the door (no, I didn't but you get my point). I mean, hello TRAP!! Like really, TRAP!

Drey'auc annulled her marriage with Teal'c and hitches up with the first guy that asks, also the only guy that asks. She does it for self-preservation, which I think was her every right but Teal'c's best friend... I mean, hello... he probably loved her since their dating times and has always been jealous of Teal'c so he finally gets the girl and then she goes around and makes out with her ex-husband. Cue the betrayal.

Apophis using Ry'ac to get to Teal'c is probably a normal thing to do - coax the traitor out and hit him where it hurts.

And then Ry'ac's deprogrammed with the flash of a zat -- all a bit too convenient if you ask me.

How would you rate SG-1's "Family?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

Edit: Oh totally forgot...
    Chulak knows about dinosaurs, or more specifically tyranosaurs? Cause Drey'auc is holding a toy in her hands when the team arrives and it's a wooden T-rex.

3-episode quiz -- THIS WAY!

Jigsaw puzzle!
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; January 3, 2018, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    It might also be that if you are brainwashed long enough before being zatted, the brainwashed state remains. I.e., if Ry'ac hadn't been zatted until he was an adult, he would remain Apophis' loyal servant.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied
    Perhaps brainwashed Jaffas are not sent into battle but used for special tasks with no immediate risk of being zatted.

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    But with as often as Jaffa get Zatted in combat, shouldn't any brainwashin attempts be easy to counter?

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied
    Originally posted by maneth View Post
    Cool episode, and some really cool character development. That said, you'd think the Goa'uld would have figured out by now that you can cure someone of brainwashing by zatting them...
    Provided the brainwashing is discovered in time!

Leave a comment:

• maneth
    replied
    Cool episode, and some really cool character development. That said, you'd think the Goa'uld would have figured out by now that you can cure someone of brainwashing by zatting them...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X