No announcement yet.

Thor's Chariot (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought making broad assumptions based on little evidence was an archaelogist's job?
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
      I thought making broad assumptions based on little evidence was an archaelogist's job?
      lol

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Daniel's a special case.

Comment

I think 'iloveDaniel' would agree (a user)

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

ASGARD!!!!!

You got to love those guys!!!!!!
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes (along with its "prequel", Thor's Hammer). I wish they had done more with Gairwen (great character) and the Nordic mythology in future seasons, but at least this was a follow-up to their last visit to Cimmeria (as opposed to the dozens of planets and characters shown on StarGate that were never seen nor heard from again ....).

This was the first time Sam became aware of her ability to use Goa'uld technology (wish they had continued with that a little more than they did) and also the first introduction of Thor to SG-1. Not surprised that the Asgard wanted to make sure the Cimmerians were advanced enough before witnessing the dramatic change from huge Viking warrior to little grey alien! The Asgard might be short in stature but the Cimmerians had to be very impressed with the way all the Jaffa warriors were swept up like little ants by the Asgard beam. (And it was also good to see an episode where SG-1 is made aware of the disastrous consequences of a first visit to a planet, yet are able to help in setting things right......)

(Sorry though that the character of Kendra from Thor's Hammer couldn't be in this one. The writers did a really good job in dealing with the psychology of someone who had been a Goa'uld but had been set free from it. Lots of depth from both the actress and the writers in the surprisingly short time of one episode---this proves it can be done......)

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                ASGARD!!!!!

You got to love those guys!!!!!!
                Indeed

I really like this episode. One of the best from season 2

Comment

I think Thor's Hammer should be used more often for 'de-Goaulding'!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
                    I think Thor's Hammer should be used more often for 'de-Goaulding'!
                    I always thought this... why call the tokra when you can just gate to cimmeria... just make sure to hold onto the goa'uld so you get zapped to the mountain with them, and then throw them in the hammer...
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Because the way it sounded, the host has more of a chance with the Tok'ra then with the process that Thor's hammer uses. Remember what Kendra said about it being very painful and requiring a great will to conquer the Goa'uld. She also said that many give up, implying that it would be very, very hard considering the kind of torture any Goa'uld would inflict on any host.
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

THOR!!! the start of a beautiful friendship, we hope!!

Comment

Helllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooo mister thor!!! I loved how tacky the projection of human thor was!!! Great follow up episode to

Comment

Well I just have one thing to say... 3.1459!
                            ...it never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by GLink
                              Well I just have one thing to say... 3.1459!
                              Actually, I think it's 3.14159.
                              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

So I was an one thousandth off. What does that hurt?
                                ...it never ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X