Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i found the woman annoying imo but still a good episode

Comment

Watched this again yesterday. The woman really annoys me but it's a fun enough episode. Daniel going nuts always entertains me - especially the crazed look on his face when he punches the living daylights out of the guard!

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak View Post
        This episode further extends the understanding of the Goa'uld's evilness.
        Indeed it does. Daniel seems to have a bit of a thing for offworld girls doesn't he.
        Some say that he has only one ear.
        And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
        All we know is he's called
        sigpic

Comment

Ya, the girl seemed a bit....clingy. But I thought it was a good tech episode, showing the baddyness of the sarcophagus.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

OK, just watched this ep again. One question. When Daniel was talking to Jack about how hard the withdrawal is. Jack said "believe me I know what you mean". Was Jack referring to some addiction he had, if so, what was it, when did we find out about it. ? Somehow I missed that part or ep.
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

Did anyone catch the definition of the goa'uld word Sam gave teal'c? I couldn't quite catch it.
              "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
              -Brom in Eragon

Comment

I gotta say that I didn't like this episode from the first watch. However, when watching it again I started to appreciate it more. Though I still think that making Daniel a little bit crazier and his recovery a little bit more difficult would have added some depth to the story, for me at least.

I like the fact that the "bad side effects" of the sarcophagus were introduced. It is an interesting concpet and a necessary one, I think.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I'm very interested to see if "we" start to develop anything with the naquadah.

Comment

This was interesting. Great acting by Daniel/MS, he plays a nutso very well. But it was disturbing to see him like that, and what he did to the team. But I guess that was the whole point.
                    sigpic

Comment

Shyla creeps me out. Her off kilter crown always makes want to turn it around or maybe grab it and stomp on it.

MS did a great job showing an addict in need of a fix (not that I'd know of course).

I do love how the team comes through for Daniel in the end.

And we get the building of the mythology behind Sam's abilities (sensing Goa'uld and accessing Jolinar's Memories) that come to play an important role later on.

But overall, not really that great of an ep IMO.

Comment

Loved the ep, really showed Michael Shanks' strengths as an actor. He was very believable as an addict and then going through withdrawal.

Thought O'Neill's Star Wars reference about Jackson going Dark Side on them was fun.
                        sigpic

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Daniel was very entertaining as he became more and more addicted to the sarcophagus (until of course his plight became fully apparent). The scenes in the mine were priceless!

The initial swooning of the princess over Daniel was also hilarious. Lucky fellow!

Additionally, the story added more depth to our understanding of Goauld society, since it revealed the negative psychological effects of the sarcophagi.

Comment

Jack,Sam and teal C not fair at Daniel has Psyco. I like it episode.
                            Last edited by HolyAngelQueenSG-1; 15 December 2010, 10:28 PM.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

ok...so to start with, it was Jack who opened his mouth and said that she was going to jump! If he hadn't spoken up...guess who wouldn't have run off and grabbed her. Honestly, by this time, you would think that the team would have a clue and realise there are times they really need to sit on Daniel to keep him from going off to do his typical thing. Jack shouldn't have waited by the tree...he should have just grabbed him!

Not really all Daniel's fault. : )

Shyla's something else!
                              she totally makes me think of a movie character from the 30s or 40s. Seductive and glamorous, but not too bright, manipulative and "helpless" but, oh yea...manipulative...and again...manipulative. ; ) I'm sensing a pattern.
                              I love jack's line..."surprisingly difficult to kill you..." : )
                              I love the dinner scene...Daniel figures it out pretty quick...and he's trying trying! oh yeah..there's that manipulative Shyla again. Boy...I'm liking her less and less with each scene. She is worse than I remembered from my 1st viewing. She's out for one thing and one thing only. what a jerk. she knew full well what she was doing to Daniel...he can't help but "help" her. "trust me and I will trust you." ew! And up to this point, obviously...had they ever had any idea about the problem with too much sarcophagus? nope...live and learn.

I'm glad that Sam got a vision that helped them figure out what was going on and that Daniel wasn't just being a jerk...but was in trouble.
                              I love Hammond's reaction when Jack gives him his post-mision "Report" when they come off the ramp. : )

They figured it out pretty quick what was going on, thankfully. Sam nailed it quick that it was like a narcotic. I like that Daniel was hanging out in her lab..even though he was being a jerk...it was like something he did all the time (hang out with Sam). I love that.

Poor poor Janet... that poor woman always has to say "I have no idea." I love Janet.

whoa...i totally forgot how intense the storeroom fight was...and how wonderful the end of it was. ; ) Jack is awesome. I really am enjoying my rewatch of SG1...I had totally forgotten how really good these first seasons were. (yeah a few bum episodes, buy mostly great).
                              Ok...so at the end, I'm feeling more kindly inclined to Shyla. An amazing and wonderful end to the episode. : ) Great overall.
                              Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

6/10

MS did a great job but I was pretty bored throughout the episode. I'm just not a fan of the planet of the week type of episodes. I prefer those episodes that impact the long term story.
                                Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Working...
                                X