No announcement yet.

Need (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, sorry. I thought I addressed that, but looking over my post, I didn't.

The effects of the sarc would probably wear off when a person is using it when they're already healthy, but if a person uses it just to boost their health to its normal state (flu, malaria, death, etc.), it would act more like... OK, picture your health as a path with a lot of potholes, the potholes being your sick/death moments. If you fall into those holes, it'll take a while to get out. The sarc acts like a step ladder or a board or something like that, when used to get out of or pass over the potholes, you'll just keep on going straight and level. The effects would be permenant. But if you use that ladder over and over again, not just to keep from falling into the holes but to go higher and higher, you'll need that ladder just to keep from falling. If you take away that ladder, well, you get the idea (splat!). Does that help a little?
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
      Oh, sorry. I thought I addressed that, but looking over my post, I didn't.

The effects of the sarc would probably wear off when a person is using it when they're already healthy, but if a person uses it just to boost their health to its normal state (flu, malaria, death, etc.), it would act more like... OK, picture your health as a path with a lot of potholes, the potholes being your sick/death moments. If you fall into those holes, it'll take a while to get out. The sarc acts like a step ladder or a board or something like that, when used to get out of or pass over the potholes, you'll just keep on going straight and level. The effects would be permenant. But if you use that ladder over and over again, not just to keep from falling into the holes but to go higher and higher, you'll need that ladder just to keep from falling. If you take away that ladder, well, you get the idea (splat!). Does that help a little?
      lol - get a better ladder! or hope that the path goes to a higher plane (of existence)
      It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Seeing Danile as a junkie was priceless to say the least. It was just uber cool!
        ...it never ends.

Comment

I realy was mad at daniel in this episode you think he woul be smarter!!
          sigpic

Comment

agreed with the above but he does mention in season 6 just how bad a sarcophagus can be so he must have learned soemthing from this
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yes well I didn't have to wait tell he said that in season 6 to pick that up.(I don't think you did either)
              sigpic

Comment

I absolutely ADORED this episode ! I think it was really well played out. Not only did it give insight into the Goa'uld and the Sarcophagus, but it also tells you a lot about Daniel. Some of the emotions portrayed were really significant ones in my own opinion.

I am amazed at Michael Shanks acting skills, and can't help but grin at even the most horrifying and emotional episodes simply because of the art involved.

If ever there was an actor I would want to shake hands with, it would be Michael Shanks.

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Yes I agree he is a great actor but this was not his best episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Miyth
                    I absolutely ADORED this episode ! I think it was really well played out. Not only did it give insight into the Goa'uld and the Sarcophagus, but it also tells you a lot about Daniel. Some of the emotions portrayed were really significant ones in my own opinion.

I am amazed at Michael Shanks acting skills, and can't help but grin at even the most horrifying and emotional episodes simply because of the art involved.

If ever there was an actor I would want to shake hands with, it would be Michael Shanks.

Well, I agree on MS' acting skills. And, you make a good point about the significance of the emotions. This was the episode that gave me my theory that the first stage of sarcophagus addiction is taking your actual feelings and dropping the filter from them, and later on turning you into someone your not. When Daniel said that Jack never gave him any respect, I think those feelings were genuinely his, and it was only the addiction that made him say them out loud. I mean, not that he never felt any respect from Jack, but I could believe that one part of him doubted it, and while on a normal day, he could say that it was maybe his own insecurity or that Jack respected him in his own way, with the sarcophagus, all that was stripped away. I don't think he ever really meant Sam didn't know what love was. That was the withdrawal talking, and it couching things in the most hateful way possible, but he could have felt that no one could really understand the unique situation he was going through with Sha're.
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

yeah this episode was cool i liked the idea of daniel living in a gou'ald pyramid he must feel right at home considering he argued a point in the movie about pyramids being landing platforms

Comment

I don't think he even cared about that kind of stuff at that point. Before he got hooked on the sarc, he would have been too concerned about getting the others out. After he got hooked on the sarc, well, I get the feeling that historical significance was not quite on his mind.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

yeah true it must be like ford being hocked on the wraith enzine

Comment

Michael Shanks was great in this episode... but I still didn't like it very much.

Comment

The episode is ok. It's quiet interesting how the sarcophagus changed Daniel's opinion. At the beginning he did everything to free his friends but after using the sarcophagus several times he didn't care much about his friends anymore.
                              sigpic

Comment

MS acting skills are great in this episode it amazes me by how well he can play a 'mad' person. this episode is great and one of my favourites this season
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X