No announcement yet.

In the Line of Duty (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if Earth were more open with Earth, the Tok'ra might have done better.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I agree. I think more could have been done!
      __

__

Comment

More could have been done with the alliance, but I always got the overwhelming feeling that the Tok'ra thought they were above being allied with us. Almost as if it brought shame to them to be associated with us. Not something one would want to find in an ally.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
          More could have been done with the alliance, but I always got the overwhelming feeling that the Tok'ra thought they were above being allied with us. Almost as if it brought shame to them to be associated with us. Not something one would want to find in an ally.
          I got that feeling too, i've always felt that they had superiorioty, heh not sure if thats a word, if it is, not sure how its spelled ;p. Anyways, i want to see their reaction with what has recently went on with the defeat of Anubis.
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
            I got that feeling too, i've always felt that they had superiorioty, heh not sure if thats a word, if it is, not sure how its spelled ;p. Anyways, i want to see their reaction with what has recently went on with blah blah blah blah.
            Spoiler space!
            sigpic

Comment

I think they just seem that way because they have never been in an alliance before.

Comment

Loved the ep, really good acting.
                Found myself LOL, though, when I spotted SCs watch disappear during her scene with Cassie.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                  There aren't many what I'd call "jump scenes' in the entire Stargate series, but watching Sam in the opening scene, mouth bloody, eyes glowing, was a definite jump scene for me(it helps that I hadn't been the least little bit spoiled). It was a great ep, one that sealed Sam as my fav character.
                  "ITLOD" was the first episode I ever watched, and I've been a Stargate SG-1 fan ever since .
                  I first saw this ep on UK Channel 4,so I had a huge "Jump" moment of my own,when I bought the Videos.
                  I learned two important things on watching the full episode:
                  1) TV Channels censor SG-1.
                  2)Nothing makes kids exit the room faster than that scene !!

Mwahaha ! How to get peace watching SG-1 .Threaten them with ITLOD .(Still works.... )
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I don't remember blood

Comment

This is my absolute favorite SG1 episode, the directing and acting was carried off well and there is a real sense of the sinister in it as well. Tapping's best performance in my book.

I also like that the ending wasn't neat and clean, that it showed that the results of the epsiode were difficult on Sam, and in conjunction on her friends.
                      Last edited by Major Fischer; 17 August 2004, 08:32 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

I finally got to see this episode a little while ago. I had heard about Jolinar and I knew almost everything we'd been told about her, but I hadn't seen this episode. I thought it was fantastic and I really enjoyed watching it.

I was very relieved to learn that she didn't die because of anything we did - I was afraid we tried to kill her or something so she died to save Sam. I'm glad she made every effort to let the SGC know that she was a Tok'ra and that she would return Sam to them when she could.

And then I was really bummed that she died in the end. But it was a really good story.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Probably a silly nit pick, but I expect that Major Clanger will at least have sympathy... why? Because it's about headgear.

What kind of a soldier in the middle of a battle, where they are under direct fire, deliberately takes off their kevlar helmet for seemingly no reason? Now, I know that Daniel and Jack weren't wearing theirs, but is that an explaination for why Carter seemed to think it was a good idea to take off hers when she went to try and take care of random man with the snake in his head?

Comment

In this episode, we see Samantha Carter possessed by Jolinar, a Goa'uld, after attempting mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. However, I seem to recall Sam being implanted with Jolinar through the back of the neck or abdomen in some other episode. Was Sam Jolinar's temporary host on two seperate occasions, or am I mistaken?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by SGC_Owl
                              In this episode, we see Samantha Carter possessed by Jolinar, a Goa'uld, after attempting mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. However, I seem to recall Sam being implanted with Jolinar through the back of the neck or abdomen in some other episode. Was Sam Jolinar's temporary host on two seperate occasions, or am I mistaken?

Thank you.
                              Your mistaking, Your props getting confused with the Jaffa (who have symboites in the stomach, well not the stomach a pounch in the abdomen but you knew what I meant) or the taking of Sha're and others who had the traditional back of the neck thing.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

I thought the lighting in the cell definitely made Gould Sam more sinister. I also liked the scenes where Sam is behaving oddly after coming back--her chucking Jack on the shoulder cracks me up every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X