No announcement yet.

The Serpent's Lair (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't they just use the ring transporter to go to another level on the ship where the stargate was? We didn't see it, but we assume that's what happened.

Comment

It makes sense that my first post on GW be on the thread about my first ever Stargate SG-1 ep.

I was lucky that I got into the series through this episode. For any newbie, I think this sets the tone for what to expect in Stargate Sg-1 and basic team dynamics (at least in the earlier seasons). Also, this happens to be my favorite two-parter SG-1 episode. Well, it really started with "There But For The Grace of God" which led to "Politics" then to "Within the Serpent's Grasp"

Fave moments:

1.) The whole team celebration at the end. I missed those moments when team members show care and concern for each other. Later seasons seem to have a moratorium on these kind of scenes.

2.) Characters such as Bratac, Klorel/Skaara and Apophis. - Bratac, being my favorite alien ally of SG-1 and Apophis being second favorite system lord next to "movie RA", of course.

3.) Lots of team interaction and team moments. You have Teal'c/Jack, Jack/Daniel, Jack/Sam, Daniel/Sam moments where the other is not just a prop beside the other team member but you actual dialogue.

- "Spacemonkey". Enough Said.
      - Jack asking Sam to look outside their glider and marvel at the beauty of where they are.

I guess when I get disappointed at the lack of meaningful team interaction, mythology and good guest characters, I hark back to this episode (and the previously related eps) to reminisce the "good" times.
      Where it all began.

sigpic

"It’s not DOOR to HEAVEN. The proper translation is…STARGATE." Daniel Jackson

"What the hell is that?" Daniel Jackson

"Your “Star Gate.” " Catherine Langford

Stargate (Movie)

Comment

Originally posted by First View Post
        Didn't they just use the ring transporter to go to another level on the ship where the stargate was? We didn't see it, but we assume that's what happened.
        But the ring transporter seeks out the nearest available ring transporter which logically has to be a nearby cloaked ship Apophis had as back-up. They really were vague about that one.
        Where it all began.

sigpic

"It’s not DOOR to HEAVEN. The proper translation is…STARGATE." Daniel Jackson

"What the hell is that?" Daniel Jackson

"Your “Star Gate.” " Catherine Langford

Stargate (Movie)

Comment

Good start to Season 2
          Great to see SG1 saving the world
          Happy to see daniel surviving because it would have been a shame to lose someone so soon
          Where did Apophis and his son transport to?
          I think they transported to the stargate deck and used the stargate. Im glad they didnt show them escaping because it made a "did they survive" feel
          But surely Daniel would have bumped into them when he got to the gate to escape the bomb??? Or were they there before him???

Bra'tac asks about ships and Jack/Daniel say they have "shuttles" at the same time and then Bra'tac says "they are formidable craft these shuttles?"..... lolzz

Comment

Cool episode - but I think SG1 missed a golden opportunity to capture a Goauld ship. Why ram Klorel's ship into Apophis's ship rather than firing on it with all weapons?

Comment

I want to see a steel cage death match between General Hammond and Lt. Col. Samuels. I'd bet on Hammond.

Rating: 10/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...ents-lair.html
              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RobertF View Post
                Cool episode - but I think SG1 missed a golden opportunity to capture a Goauld ship. Why ram Klorel's ship into Apophis's ship rather than firing on it with all weapons?
                Apophis's ship wasn't simply empty it was crawling with thousands of Jaffa that would have been all over them if they would have tried to take over the ship. Now perhaps they would have succeeded, but there was a much better chance of them failing and in tun dooming their entire planet.

Originally posted by HelloVelo
                I want to see a steel cage death match between General Hammond and Lt. Col. Samuels. I'd bet on Hammond.

Rating: 10/10
                The deepness of your post is insurmountable.
                sigpic

Comment

Why is Bra'tac so dense in these early episodes? I mean in later episodes he seems so wise, he is a man that takes his time to speak. When he does what he says is wise, well thought out, and even though it is different than how we would do things it is true to who he is.

In Bloodlines he is obsessed with impressing the people around him, when he can't he uses the good old well if I wasn't 133 year's old it might have been a different story. Then in The Serpent's Lair he is acting the same way like an insecure old man who is vain beyond all reason.

Am I alone in this assumption? Does anybody else see what I see?
                  sigpic

Comment

A very action-packed and exciting episode! It was worth the wait.

Lots of great Jack moments. Especially those with Bra'tac.

I always love seeing the transport rings.

The "best of the best" bit by Hammond to Samuels felt so good. Samuels actually had the gall to ask for Alpha site!

Spacemonkey! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                      A very action-packed and exciting episode! It was worth the wait.

Lots of great Jack moments. Especially those with Bra'tac.

I always love seeing the transport rings.

The "best of the best" bit by Hammond to Samuels felt so good. Samuels actually had the gall to ask for Alpha site!

Spacemonkey! LOL!
                      I can't imagine having to wait a matter of months for the next season. I was lucky enough to start watching SG-1 in about the middle of season 10. Therefore I have only had to wait for Atlantis episodes and even though I like them they aren't the same as these original episodes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                        I can't imagine having to wait a matter of months for the next season. I was lucky enough to start watching SG-1 in about the middle of season 10. Therefore I have only had to wait for Atlantis episodes and even though I like them they aren't the same as these original episodes.
                        It's not a matter of months for me. I actually ordered Season 1 DVD first to see if I'd really enjoy the series. After watching the S1, I decided to buy all 10 season boxset. I waited for about 2 weeks.

Comment

Wow, I have to say this is still one of my favourite three/four parters of Stargate SG-1. Well shot episode, funny moment through to serious and suspenseful, nice special effects and probably because I'm a Goa'uld/Apophis fan.

I don't know why everyone seemed shocked that Klorel was put in the sarcophagus, I mean if Bra'tac didn't someone else would have.

I like that competitive thing Bra'tac and Jack have going on it's pretty funny to watch.

Col. Samuels plan was very stupid, I can't believe he (and whatever team came up with it) thought that a superior alien wouldn't have some form of protective shielding around their ships, I mean would of been one of my first thoughts.

All the funny lines have already been quoted but I liked Jack's "Spacemonkey" to Daniel.

Awesome episode and great start to the new season.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Yay! I'm officially on season2!!
                            And, for the record, all my best fandoms have space monkeys.

I've skimmed through and some of my observations may have already been noted, but some have been a while... Oh, and yes, pritnep, Samuels was a moron. I think someone here referred to him as a wharthog-faced baboon? Hard to get that picture out of one's head.

The opening scene and the team shot aboard the ship was well executed.

They get stunned and are in the holding cell waking up ~ Carter bites Jack! I had completely forgotten this scene and it cracked me up! So many things crack me up during this re-watch (did I miss the humor the first go around b/c I was focusing on action/drama/whatever?). Jack responds "Carter, is someone comes in here.. you.. bite 'em in the hand."
                            *snort

Bra'tac is made of awesome. He's so much cornier back here than he is later on. In all seriousness he tells SG-1 "I have been order to execute... an order I intend to disregard." insert the bravado theme, lone ranger, or any other cornball HERO theme here (not that it's a bad thing) Then a scene or 2 later he's talking with Jack about crossing bridges (after he handwaves the human grenades, mind you).

Jack's grenades worked pretty well on that shield generator, eh Bra'tac?
                            Bra'tac "now we die"
                            Jack: "well that's a bad plan"

emo!Daniel is also a bit of a defeatist and I was begining to get quite cranky with him ~ first early on with the we're-all-going-to-die and then with Jack after he's shot "just going to blow up on the other ship anyway"
                            Which turned into quite an emotional scene and I was warming up to his emo!self until I thought - hey - Daniel had a plan! His team didn't leave him behind, he left his team behind. Oh, the humanity!
                            Then I forgave him because it was the writers fault.

The episode ended on an adrenaline high with earth saved & the space monkey back home. What a fantastic wrap-up to a great 4-ep arc!

wow, I got chatty

Comment

Just started to watch season 2 today! (i bought the DVD box and started watching as soon as i got home ). This episode was awesome! it had everything. It was also nice to see Bra'tac again. And the ending was awesome

EDIT: There was also a funny (and quite rare, at least so far) scene where Daniel was shooting ..good aiming for a rookie if you know what i mean
                              Last edited by Black_Sheep; 21 August 2008, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Yeah lol im suprized Daniel hit them all, Poor Daniel I actually thought he was gonna die the first time i ever watched this Ep. Goood beginning for S.2

Comment

Working...
                                X