No announcement yet.

The Serpent's Lair (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree wiith craized. You can't use it as a point of origin without the proper gate
    __

__

Comment

A lot of gates have the /\ symbol, not just Earth's. There's still a lot of debate over how this works, but I believe when a gate has a unique PoO, it's unique to the gate, not the world it's on.

Comment

Possibly, the /\ does appear on others but it depends on the PoO
        __

__

Comment

It's just a production goof... they don't want to make a new PoO for every off-world gate scene.

Comment

One thing I can't believe is that no one in this thread has mentioned the Space Monkey hug. I just LOVED that whole thing, Daniel hiding in the back of the room until Gen. Hammond told the team that someone wanted to see them. Such a great moment.

Comment

Must've missed the Space Monkey. Don't remember any monkeys.
              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                Must've missed the Space Monkey. Don't remember any monkeys.
                When Danny joins back up with SG-1 at the End, Jack hugs him and calls hims a pace monkry while ruffling his hair.
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

Really great episode. I really liked how Colonel Samuels was just a little bit wrong about his big missles ... and then he has the nerve to request to be sent to the Alpha Site! "Request denied!" I'd have to say one of Gen. Hammond's best moments.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                    Really great episode. I really liked how Colonel Samuels was just a little bit wrong about his big missles ... and then he has the nerve to request to be sent to the Alpha Site! "Request denied!" I'd have to say one of Gen. Hammond's best moments.
                    It was especially compelling because we knew (from Daniel's trip to the alternate universe) that General Hammond would indeed be on the last line of defense and die protecting the base.

The Space Shuttle goofs always bothered me, not the least of which involved the improbability of the shuttle's orbit intersecting with the gliders. Assuming that the shuttle was specially outfitted with the ability to effectively reach the gliders, I assume it was possible for astronauts to go EVA and patch SG-1 up enough to allow a controlled descent back to Earth.
                    END OF LINE

Comment

Now that it is the WEEKEND (YES!!), I can get back to my shredding of episodes. (No wisecracks, please).

So. Serpent's Lair.
                      What was good:
                      a. The opening shot. For those of you that have WAY too much time on your hands and follow my postings, I'm a sucker for good cinematography (and Scottish accents, but that's neither here nor there). I liked how the zoom matched up with the one from the season I finale. Nice bit of creativity on someone's part.
                      b. Bra'tac!!! I love that guy (even if he is a little defeatist at times.) (I can't believe that he's still on the show: I thought that they'd've offed him looong before season eight. Now, just watch. He's gonna get nailed from behind in the very next ep...)
                      c. General dialogue: "Now, we die."/"Well, that's a bad plan!"
                      d. The bite on the hand! That was hilarious!
                      e. Hammond. He FINALLY told Samuels exactly what that warthog-faced buffoon needed to hear! Go Hammond!
                      f. Daniel's death. That's what, the third time in the history of the Stargate? (Movie included). Although I still can't figure out why he didn't just use the automatic-I won't pretend to know chicken spit about firearms, but wouldn't it have been easier to just use the one?
                      g.The amazing, super-de-duper, clothes-mending sarcophagus! I want one of those. I'd never have to darn another sock again!
                      h. The death gliders, both concept and scene with. The gliders themselves were neat enough, but the scene in them was excellent: "...we die free." [beat] "Or not...!" [Enter space shuttle Endeavor! Audience: YESSS!]

What wasn't good:
                      a. Um...I'll have to get back to you on this one.

General Questions: (and darn it, people, these are bugging me. Answer them, for crying out loud!)
                      -Most of these are for the purpose of writing fic.-
                      a. How would they dock with Endeavor? Some sort of airlock doodad?
                      b. How do space shuttles land, anyway? Splashdown? Help me out here!

finis

Comment

Originally posted by zats

General Questions: (and darn it, people, these are bugging me. Answer them, for crying out loud!)
                        -Most of these are for the purpose of writing fic.-
                        a. How would they dock with Endeavor? Some sort of airlock doodad?
                        b. How do space shuttles land, anyway? Splashdown? Help me out here!
                        a. My guess would be that they were able to get the gliders (or the glider cockpits) into the cargo bay and waited till landing to get them out. I don't think it was well thought out by the writers.

b. The shuttle is a glider on landing, lands on a normal runway (usually either Kennedy Space Center or Edwards Air Force Base. Though there is a shuttle capable runway at White Sands Missile Range.)

Comment

THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                            And did anybody else notice the excellent clothing repair the sarc did on Daniel?
                            I did and a perfectly good radio too. I think in later episodes, the clothing didn't repair itself in the sarc.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              I did and a perfectly good radio too. I think in later episodes, the clothing didn't repair itself in the sarc.
                              Must have been an upgrade.

Comment

I love this episode: "Serpents Lair" is IMO together with "Into the serpents Grasp" (I think this episodes can´t be seperated) the best example of classic Stargate. It has lot´s of action, Anubis and Klorel (I´m the only one who is missing Klorel?) were really good doing bad , it had humour,emotion, a little bit angst, and some of the flair of the original movie (despite that it played on a spaceship). I would give very much if there would be ever another episode like this again.
                                Last edited by Hathor999; 08 December 2004, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X