No announcement yet.

Bad Guys (1016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, this episode wasn't great but it wasn't terrible.
    I liked the fact they gave some sort of explanation why they were going to the planet as opposed to the sudden idea to annoy the Lucien alliance in Bounty.
    Also, Goa'uld Bomb! Which are tricky to turn off as always.
    It had funny moments like
    "We're not going to kill anyone....er... unless you get cute with us! Then there's going to be some killing!"
    And
    "There's a 70% chance the wormhole will engage and a 50% chance the bomb will explode"
    "...that's a 120%"
    "Well that includes an overlap of 20% where the wormhole engages and the bomb explodes"

But why was everyone on that planet so stupid?
    I mean really.
    Also, when did this "naquadah generator and laptop with dialing program" appear as a way of using the gate with no DHD?

But you know it was a fun enough episode so I forgive it.
    It did have Goa'uld bomb and all.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceangel View Post
      Can you tell me why you think Daniel was mad with Vala at the end? As they went through the stargate he lifted his hands up as if to strangle her or something silmliar. What did she do to him, they were barely together in this ep.
      Flirting man, flirting.

Thought this ep was good, very funny and an enjoyable 45 mins.

Comment

The people were idiots on the planet. But SG-1 was funny. Especially Daniel yelling at the hostages throughout the episode

Comment

For me the best of this ep. is....NO CARTER!!!! After LITS and TRNT I was really bored of her caracther! Sorry for Sam's fans, but in this season, I don't know why very well, I don't like her
          sigpic
          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

^ It was actually cool to see them work out a solution without carter. It would have been too easy for her and the ep would have suffered.

Comment

Comment

Great Ep, the second half of the season keeps getting better and better, it seems like for the second half the writers and directors have really brought back the essence of SG1. I was nice to see them have to figure something out without Carter and you could see how they were struggling. It was also nice to see an advanced society at almost the same level as Earth currently is.

Comment

^ Ya I liked the no primitive village thing too.

Comment

Carter was not in this episode because she was telling the President what it was like in the Alternate Reality with the public knowing about the Stargate & the SGC now has a way to hide the Earth from the rest of the galaxy. Why would the President of the United States want to hear what Carter had to say if they are not planning something ?

Comment

Some posters aside, I LOVED this episode. It's like a final fun episode before we head into the seriousness of the final four (plus the first movie).

It did something that I didn't think I'd see on SG-1....Daniel being funny! Normally he plays the straight man to everyone else, so I was pleasantly surprised to see MS get a chance to really be funny on his own....and he certainly had me laughing! He had so many priceless moments...my favorite?

[hostage catfight]

Daniel: What the hell are you DOING?! STOP IT!!
                      Girl #1: She started it.
                      Girl #2: I think you started it when you kissed Hamon *don't know the name*.
                      Daniel: Shut up. Shut up. You're hostages! This is like a life and death situation here. Start acting like it.
                      Girl #2: Oh please, you're not rebels. We're not deaf you know, everyone in this room knows it.
                      Daniel: That doesn't matter. You're hostages, we're your captors. We're heavily armed! T-There's rules. There's a whole school of etiquette to this. [girl stares at him] Don't eyeball me.

MS played this scene wonderfully as Daniel tried to convince/beg the women to be afraid and act like hostages. Just a wonderful surprise. Plus, we got some nice moments between characters, like Vala and Cam...Daniel/Teal'c....Vala/Daniel even

We also got to finally see Vala's skills put to some use! She's, of course, no Sam but it was nice to see she does have some knowledge of technology that can benefit the team. Plus, her whole step-by-step of the theiving process was funny...especially when Cam accuses her of rushes it. She managed to be funny and a contributing member of the team. Who knew?

Oh...and loved the McClaine/Baur guy...especially when Cam and Vala just sneaked up behind him and sat there for a few seconds waiting for him to realize it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode: 10/10

-Stef
                      Last edited by Stef; 13 February 2007, 06:01 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                        Some posters aside, I LOVED this episode. It's like a final fun episode before we head into the seriousness of the final four (plus the first movie).

It did something that I didn't think I'd see on SG-1....Daniel being funny! Normally he plays the straight man to everyone else, so I was pleasantly surprised to see MS get a chance to really be funny on his own....and he certainly had me laughing! He had so many priceless moments...my favorite?

[hostage catfight]

Daniel: What the hell are you DOING?! STOP IT!!
                        Girl #1: She started it.
                        Girl #2: I think you started it when you kissed Hamon *don't know the name*.
                        Daniel: Shut up. Shut up. You're hostages! This is like a life and death situation here. Start acting like it.
                        Girl #2: Oh please, you're not rebels. We're not deaf you know, everyone in this room knows it.
                        Daniel: That doesn't matter. You're hostages, we're your captors. We're heavily armed! T-There's rules. There's a whole school of edicate to this. [girls stares at him] Don't eyeball me.

MS played this scene wonderfully as Daniel tried to convince/beg the women to be afraid and act like hostages. Just a wonderful surprise. Plus, we got some nice moments between characters, like Vala and Cam...Daniel/Teal'c....Vala/Daniel even

We also got to finally see Vala's skills put to some use! She's, of course, no Sam but it was nice to see she does have some knowledge of technology that can benefit the team. Plus, her whole step-by-step of the theiving process was funny...especially when Cam accuses her of rushes it. She managed to be funny and a contributing member of the team. Who knew?

Oh...and loved the McClaine/Baur guy...especially when Cam and Vala just sneaked up behind him and sat there for a few seconds waiting for him to realize it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode: 10/10

-Stef
                        Hi Stef! It's nice to meet you here!!! Michael Shanks is allways good!
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

the comments about the last episodes remind me a lot of the last episodes of The Xfiles (I haven't seen this one yet). Remember the 2nd to the last was about The Brady Bunch house?? Gotta say, Bounty wasn't nearly as bad as that one.

I figure there's a 2 hour movie in the future that will deal with all this stuff. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                            Ben Browder helped write this episode
                            I think he pitched the idea, or an idea, but he didn't actually write any of it...that's my understanding from an interview I read.

Comment

Originally posted by Kpnuts

Forgive me if, 4 episodes from the end of the series, I'd rather have properly directed/written episodes that either tie up loose ends or advance the Ori storyline.
                              Just a little point - it may well have been completed, or too far along in production, before the cancellation. Too late to change (the show has a budget - which certainly wouldn't allow for a shot ep to to be re-done), and at a point where they were consolidating with filler type eps. Remember, it isn't Lost or 24 where an entire season revolves around the main story. Stargate was always more to do with single eps, exploring planets.

Also, to the general you - people are perfectly entitled to hate every episode they watch. And they're perfectly entitled to say so, within the bounds of the rules. Yes those posts often seem out of place, and hostile. They're technically allowed, so you've got to learn to tolerate them. People see things very differently. I, personally don't agree with kpnuts - i still enjoy watching - but i can see where he comes from a lot of the time, particularly in respect to the general trend of having poor, fuzzy writing in a lot of episodes. Fortunately for me, i can overlook those, and just enjoy the surface product without looking too deep for the plotholes - but i can also see why they might infuriate another person.

If those uber-anti comments annoy you too much, ignore them. Baiting each other publically never helps.
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                                Just a little point - it may well have been completed, or too far along in production, before the cancellation. Too late to change (the show has a budget - which certainly wouldn't allow for a shot ep to to be re-done), and at a point where they were consolidating with filler type eps. Remember, it isn't Lost or 24 where an entire season revolves around the main story. Stargate was always more to do with single eps, exploring planets.
                                Actually, I think this was the episode they were filming either the week they heard about the cancellation or the week after. Definitely not enough time to make any changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X