The Quest, Part 2 (1011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
    Just got done watching the episode and it was freaking awesome. I love it when Sam punched Ba'al. I guess those pictures weren't faked after all. A lot of "Farscape moments" in the episode. The Daniel/Adria fight was awesome, I can't wait until (Spoiler)Daniel becomes a Prior (spoiler end). I give it a ***1/2.

Top Season 10 episodes
    -The Pegasus Project
    -The Quest Part 2
    -Counterstrike
    Dang, I had to go through 5 pages to find this.

"Faked pictures," I forget, what was I talking about?

Tomorrow, I forget what happens, haven't seen it in a while. All I know Daniel's not in it.
    sigpic

Comment

Great episode with the tension concerning Daniel. Just looking back to season 6 with the first substantial appearance of Ba'al, who would have thought the character would evolve as he did? Definitely the most fun Goa'uld around.

Still, season ten is a bit sad considering that the end is near. Eps like this one that feature some action, a lot of tension, a dragon, and some great interactions (the aforementioned Sam punch to Ba'al) showed that there was a lot left in the series had they continued. Of course, the same was true for Atlantis and SGU. Too bad we couldn't have gotten all three simultaneously in some magical Stargate Nirvana.

I miss new Stargate, but am glad we have so many great episodes to look back on like this two parter. Not my favorite of the season (Pegasus Project is), but a great one that is such a huge part of the story arc to close the season and build to Ark of Truth.

Comment

It's a pity Adria had to be bad. SG-1 and her make for a pretty good team.

Loved the bit where the team lined up and opened fire on the dragon. Reminded me of the awesome shot in one of the earlier seasons when Teal'c, Bra'tak and I forget who else turned around and fired their staff weapons at the same time.

Merlin's brief appearance was brief.

Daniel puts his life in danger again. Gave him some pretty awesome powers though.

Sam's punch on Ba'al was cool. Served him right.

I also liked the shot where Cam and Vala came out of the cave firing. They did a great job filming this season.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Macphisto View Post
          Great episode with the tension concerning Daniel. Just looking back to season 6 with the first substantial appearance of Ba'al, who would have thought the character would evolve as he did? Definitely the most fun Goa'uld around..
          I wonder if they knew ba'als character would be so loved/big back then?

Comment

The episode excells because like many of the greats it has a little of everything. Thier are some really touching and character scenes. I especially like how Merlin says thier is never enough time. Their are also a lot of humor to make you like to laugh like the fan favorite of Carter punching Ba'al in the nose. I personally like the stuff about the Sangrail and Merlin's legacy the most. They spent a considerable amount time in S10 and late S9 developing the search for this weapon that it was nice for me to finally get some payoff. And in typical later SG1 fashion this episode ends on a sad note. I like that how we have the Sangrail developed but its in Adria and the Ori's hands. I really can't think of anything really bad. Even the new use of the Stargate was interesting
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Tuesday night another ep of SG1...

1. Forgot about Merlin comparing the team to his knights.

2. Also forgot about the switching planets.

3. "A bit of both" *DOOSH*

4. Of course we know we won't be seeing Daniel for a bit.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I liked this for them actually meeting Merlin, a great back story to his life on Earth and an explanation for why there were so many medieval villages scattered throughout the Milky Way, we can blame him!!!

This was a great end to a fun two parter, I liked how Adria chased them through the galaxy, that sense of urgency was great. Daniel doing a Jack with the repository of Ancient knowledge, but at least he had Merlin as a help here, nice mention of the ability Jack had with healing powers and Daniel with the telekinetic as a side effect of having the Ancient downloads.

Pretty cool technology with the weapon making, some nice effects.

Sam punching Ba'al with feeling! Wonder if there was one for Jack in there too!

Comment

This was a great ending to a great two-parter. One of Season 10s many gems.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    This was a great ending to a great two-parter. One of Season 10s many gems.
                    yes it is
                    sigpic

Comment

This has to become one of my favorites:
                      Merlin.
                      Sam hitting Ba'al.
                      Daniel building stuff, and throwing lightning.
                      The Obelisk was a real cool invention, switching planets just like that.
                      Too bad Adria got Daniel in the end...

I'm gonna watch it again, just to see Ba'al take a hit from Sam
                      Last edited by Cluas; 17 February 2013, 11:30 PM. Reason: to add

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                        This has to become one of my favorites:
                        Merlin.
                        Sam hitting Ba'al.
                        Daniel building stuff, and throwing lightning.
                        The Obelisk was a real cool invention, switching planets just like that.
                        Too bad Adria got Daniel in the end...

I'm gonna watch it again, just to see Ba'al take a hit from Sam
                        Although years later I fully agree!!!!
                        Have re-watched this two parter 'a great many times'!
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

What was up with that echo? Very distracting.
                          Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                          Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

First time I've seen Quest, and after 13 years. I will use this for comments on both Quest 1 and 2.
                            It was a strong, exciting episode, and although I was first put off by the 'hunt for treasure' kind of feel, the acting and characters are strong and play off of each other very well. Daniel seems to be the main character in this last season, but Cam is great, and plays off everyone. He's not exactly team captain, but is strong and
                            solid in his actions. The scene with Vala was especially good, where he said just not dying for the team is enough; you see others die for it. Really dynamic character.
                            Also I think Ba'al is a very good addition for the last two seasons. He's always worth watching, and the Gou'ld, when they're down, are intriguing. yeah, Sam punching him was great.
                            I also liked the villagers. Adria? You know something, she is a strong character, but still a freaking monster. Remember, an entire village was burned to death because of her. I wish that we could seem more of how evil and cruel the Ori are. I also thought the development of the weapon a good draw, and Merlin's death means Daniel takes over...but is now in Adria's clutches. It's a good cliffhanger, and again, goes back to Cam's talking about sacrifice.
                            Unfortunately, we like to make female villains seductive, and it only hides their beastliness. Think of those villagers now dead, and who helped SG-1. But I was on a police force, and we think of the victims, not the poor suffering criminals.
                            I think Cam was a blessing after RDA left (since he only phoned in performances in the last few episodes), and the series recovered some of its old fire in this last season.
                            And the dragon swallowing the C-4? A real GULP! moment for Teal'c.
                            This was a lot of fun, as well as good character interaction and pacing.

Comment

Working...
                            X