Company of Thieves (1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Descent
    Shouldn't the Odyssey supposedly have an XO (don't say Sam) in case this very situation was to happen. Where was he/she?? Just a thought.
    Oh come on, this is Stargate. The show where the SGC has never had an XO (I suppose Samuel's could have been it at the very start, but he was gone fairly quickly). What makes you think they'd have one on the Odyssey?

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
      I think it worked this way. Before Mitchell (aka Tanen) walked into sight on the alien ship, someone announced him as Tanen. THerefore, the head alien thought he was going to see Tanen and that's what the chemical made him hallucinate as soon as Mitchell came into the room. If no one had announced him ast Tanen, then the head alien would've seen Mitchell. At least taht's how I saw it.
      that's my understanding too. Tyler spread the stuff naturally, but we have to use the ring. and y ou ccan prick someone with it and it's harmless...until you introduce yourself. THEN they see what you want them to see

i'm kinda surprised no one has ever tried to make a gasous form. anyone could infiltrate anywhere
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What's an XO?
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

executive officer

second in command basically

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            executive officer

second in command basically

I thought Jack was Hammonds XO. Not that that ever made much sense. Jack was gone/laid up far too often.

See? I can notice plot holes from Classic!Stargate as well and New!Improved!Stargate.

There should be an 2IC and 3IC. Ships run 24/7 and can be attacked at any time. <sigh> Budget cuts stike again! Darn EOC!

Suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              that's what skydiver was getting at.
              *snip*
              Yes, I knew that.

So I think we've concluded there should be no ship on Stargate! Yay!
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                I thought Jack was Hammonds XO. Not that that ever made much sense. Jack was gone/laid up far too often.

See? I can notice plot holes from Classic!Stargate as well and New!Improved!Stargate.

There should be an 2IC and 3IC. Ships run 24/7 and can be attacked at any time. <sigh> Budget cuts stike again! Darn EOC!

Suse
                jack being hammy's xo is fanon.

in the real world, norad is run by a 3 and a 2 star general.

i'm not sure how military bases are, but i would imagine that you'd need at least 3 officers to be in command. that's presuming 3 8 hour shifts per day

now hammond could be the boss on paper, and then have at least 3 duty officers who handle the day to day dirty work

but this is tv and if they had enough regulars to be 'real', they'd have been able to use the 'can't afford to keep it going because we have too many actors' excuse years ago.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
                  Yes, I knew that.

Yes, we should use the round spinny thing. You know the thing the show is named after. Has it gone AWOL?

Suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
                    Yes, I knew that.

LOL

nice try. although, as long as we have folks with no grace, tact and (imho) limited skill handling the ships, hey they can keep their ship off characters i like and muck up ones i'm not so attached to

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                      Yes, we should use the round spinny thing. You know the thing the show is named after. Has it gone AWOL?

Suse
                      maybe vala pawned it?????

naqahdah is expensive from what i understand

sigpic

Comment

maybe vala pawned it?????

naqahdah is expensive from what i understand
                        Wonder what her cut was?

Suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

doesn't she get 20%????

so, what is 1/5th of 38? (i'm not gonna go for the calculator for that one)

sigpic

Comment

And I for one ain't really bothered by the "lack of gate". It's bound to happen; that's just the show evolving after all. The gate might be fast, but it's also vulnerable. A team can only pretty much access it on foot, so going to any place that needs a ship (ie. outer space) is, well, out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Oh come on, this is Stargate. The show where the SGC has never had an XO (I suppose Samuel's could have been it at the very start, but he was gone fairly quickly). What makes you think they'd have one on the Odyssey?
                              Because...thats how ships operate...or at least should.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

yeah, that grated as much as teal'c using 'intel'

teal'c does NOT use abbreviations. (other than zat), he would have said intelligence

imho, the alien shoudl have said 'i made a mistak, an error, a misjudgement'

aliens speak proper english, not slang. they're not from earth, thus can't know earth slang. you can't have the 'comedy' of vala not getting slang, then having aliens - especially aliens she's run across - knowing said slang

it's a contradiction
                                I had a problem with Cam saying "you're the boss" instead of leader and "I'm seeing a therapist" when he was pretending to be Kefflin.
                                A Symbiote

Comment

Working...
                                X