Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a great episode!!!!!!!!

Claudia Black made this episode.

When the show first started, I was like "Alright Vala! Go kick some bad guy butt!!

This ep showed one of the enemys that Katesh (sorry if I spelled that wrong), made.

But, I must say, The only parts that I really remember, is the part were Vala orders each kind of martinie;
    where she says that she's so happy that Daniel finally takes her out on a date and Daniel tries to explains that its not a date;
    where Vala shoved a twinkie in Cam's mouth; where the rest of SG-1 finds Cam on the bed, hand-cuffed, no shirt, and surrounded by sweets; and Sam says that that's the second time that Cam's had his pants down. My whole family found that hilarious!!;
    and the part at the end where Vala becomes a permenant member of SG-1, and Daniel again tries to explain to everyone that he wasn't taking Vala out on a date, and even Gen.Landry didn't believe him. Poor Daniel

All-in-all, GREAT EP!!!!
    *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Yet another example of why this show needs to end. 20 episodes for these writers is too much.

The episode is trash, the only part I liked was the Daniel / Vala ship. I'm not normally a shipper person and I thought Jack and Sam ship was sometime way to forceful. In this case however the Daniel / Vall ship was nicely done because they have a friendship, but more to a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
        It came out of nowhere, I agree. *sighs at how Season 10s been turning out*
        I think Season Ten has been very good so far. Not every episode is going to be a "10" or even an "8," but from the drama, action, and dialogue I've seen so far from this season, I'm very pleased.

Me, to each his own, I guess. I'm just going to try and sit back and relish every episode until the series ends - and then hope MGM has something up its sleeve for SG-1's future. I don't want another Stargate series with a new cast. We already have Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          Geez, a lot of hate for this one spreading around so far. I didn't think it was bad. Not the best this season, but not bad at all. Actually, there were quite a few moments in this one I really enjoyed. I thought the team was great together, the bike chase scene was great, and I loved the way we saw how everyone has come to care for Vala.
          I think it's just the shadow of 200 and Counterstrike(and the fact that McKay and Mrs. Miller was also really good). I thought the episode was okay, but it needed more of the Athena/treasure/Trust stuff.(I also noticed that the actress who played Athena was in the PetMeds commercials. I think that company's with the Trust.)
          Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
          Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
          -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            They told her she's on SG-1! I understand that TPTB were heading in this direction. But, I think it would be more appropriate after she did a particularly heroic deed! I just think about Jonas performing a selfless act in Descent(season 6) that earned Jack's respect and awarded Jonas a real place on the team!
            Well, when she sacrificed herself at the end of last season, that was pretty heroic. It's not a compilation of just one event. I think she got the patch because of her contributions from mid-season last year until now.

Is it somewhat contrived? Sure, but I don't care. I like the character.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxum
              I think Season Ten has been very good so far. Not every episode is going to be a "10" or even an "8," but from the drama, action, and dialogue I've seen so far from this season, I'm very pleased.

Me, to each his own, I guess. I'm just going to try and sit back and relish every episode until the series ends - and then hope MGM has something up its sleeve for SG-1's future. I don't want another Stargate series with a new cast. We already have Atlantis.
              Exactly! Every episode isn't going to be better than the last. Was this one a favorite of mine this season, no. But overall, I did like it.

I'm going to do the same thing - just enjoy every episode we have left this season. As for MGM, I'm sure they have something up their sleeves. I don't think we have to hope.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                umm, she didn't shoot cam. the bad guy did

what a waste of a cool leather jacket
                Oh headdesk, never mind. Maybe my subconscious wanted to see Vala shoot Mitch?

Originally posted by Maxum
                Well, when she sacrificed herself at the end of last season, that was pretty heroic. It's not a compilation of just one event. I think she got the patch because of her contributions from mid-season last year until now.
                Which would have worked for me if Landry had mentioned this when giving her the patches. (He didn't, did he? Because my memory has already proven to be crap for this ep. )

Comment

Kudos to Cam when he took action to go after Vala, he wasted no time going after her. I really liked that, one of the reasons why I like the character a lot. I don't see O'Neill pulling a stunt like that these days. *watches for incoming flames*
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                    Kudos to Cam when he took action to go after Vala, he wasted no time going after her. I really liked that, one of the reasons why I like the character a lot. I don't see O'Neill pulling a stunt like that these days. *watches for incoming flames*
                    In his defense, O'Neill's getting a little old to be doing stuff quite like that.

I do agree though, I thought the way Cam took quick action like that was really good. I just continue to like him more and more.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

15 minutes left on the second showing - come on a wheelie?! Give me a break. I take back the nice thing I said for the last M&M episode.
                      A Symbiote

Comment

Did anyone notice the opening scene in the diner sorta seemed like A History of Violence?
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Mesenet
                          15 minutes left on the second showing - come on a wheelie?! Give me a break. I take back the nice thing I said for the last M&M episode.
                          What's really the big deal? Maybe he was just seeing what the bike could do. I doubt it was to show-boat.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

So the show is suddenly getting canceled and Stargate fans are becoming Stargate haters. That's not to say that you have to like every episode. But because this episode didn't take place in a space ship with explosions and tons of action it becomes a bad episode? I used to think Stargate wasn't about explosions or space ships. I thought it was supposed to be about characters and plot development. We got that here. We even got team bonding. Did anyone stop to think that maybe that Ancient tablet that Vala was getting her mind probed for might have something to do with the search for Merlins weapon? The Trust has spies in Stargate command. I'm pretty sure they know about the weapon. I mean no, they didn't bonk you on the head explicitly and say hey! We're looking for Merlin's weapon. Would you kindly tell me where it is? No. The whole Vala becoming a team member was deserved. She's saved their lives last season by sacrificing her own well being at the Super Gate. But she also proved something this episode. That she's not going to leave or screw over SG-1 or the SGC and that she's here for the long hall. She's valuable and has talents that are helpful to the cause. With all of these things, i think she deserves to be on the team. But most of you are too busy hating you can't pay attention to the significance of subtle unsubtlety. Now i'm not flaming anyone or attacking anyone in particular. I'm just pointing out the inconsistency in the negative comments being said about a perfectly good, character developing, non-action based episode.

I gave it a humble and modest 8/10

Comment

I liked the idea of Claudia getting a Vala-centric episode, but I don't think M&M really capitalized on it. I would have liked to see Vala struggle a bit more trying to work in the real world instead of having her involved in two kidnappings, two shootouts, and a car chase.

The Daniel/Vala scenes were nice, and I like those two as a couple, but at a time when SG1 needs high ratings and fans are fighting to keep this show alive, the last thing we needed was this episode. As my son said, this was one of those "cheap, filler" episodes so they can save money down the road. This was not the show we need at this time to draw in more viewers, except for Mitchell handcuffed to the bed. . .that got my attention.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Oh well, I always knew that I was odd. I loved this episode.

The Vala/Daniel interaction was well done, and I love that Vala's character is receiving the development she deserves.

I also appreciated that Vala was rescued and that she is starting to regard the SGC as home. I love that she is no longer a tag along team member, and the episode shows that despite her past, she is a good person.

The team dynamic worked well, and I, too, loved the pants jokes. I enjoy that even Landry felt part of the team tonight.

I'm sleeply, so I'll stop elaborating now, but it was a fantastic episode. 10/10.
                                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                                X