No announcement yet.

200 (1006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugh I am STILL laughing at Furlings, Teal'c P.I. (...In-deed!...), and Farscape

Comment

Great episode, laughed my ass off from start to finish, though I was expecting a little more of O'Neil and the end was kinda abrupt, only because I was enjoying myself so much I lost track of the time.

I do have to say though, that the Furlings intro was just absolutely classic! They finally meet the furlings, and low n behold they lead the badguys to them and attempt to help, can't, then nod and say sorry and beam right out and as the ewok kowoala furling bangs on the console (I could just see him saying "You g*dd&mn f**ck(rs!!!!" And then BOOM ! That type of sh*& has been going on episode after episode when they meet new people, so I felt so gratified they finally recognized it, and on the furlings no less!

The puppets were another classic part, especially when O'Neil's character was introduced and when Daniel starts scribbling his nonsense all over the dialer. And the strings cutting = awesome. Was it just me or did they actually get Don Davis as Hammond??

The spoofs on other shows were great, and I think i noticed a joke on Firefly in regards to Daniel commenting: "C'mon, who makes a movie based on a series that went for 3 episodes?!?" and the subsequent movie Serenity but I may be wrong.

Landry as the floating Wizard head was also a kodak moment. The nod towards a movie was also great at the end (possibly).

Comment

I thought the whole thing was hilarious, except for the cursing at the end, although if it is a crack about the real cast and crew being foul mouthed it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Voronokova
          Cute nods to shippers and slashers (but hey what about poor people like me who are not that into either between the team, hee hee, I'm kidding...really!)

I'm also someone who isn't into either. What if they had had both the ship and slash nods, but instead of Martin saying that would torture the audience on purpose, one of the team might have said something like "why do they have to imply that any of them are in a relationship? What's wrong with a strong friendship being the focus of the show?" That would have covered every persuasion.

No "we're peaceful vistors" but I liked Daniel's sincere "we'd thought we'd never meet you" even if it never actually happened.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

In a word: Awesome! The parodies were hilarious! Farscape! "I have no idea what you're talking about..." All the characters were awesome, parodying themselves, like Daniel with the coffee, Teal'c's "indeed" while a private investigator, and Sam's endless technobabble. My favorite scene (and it was hard to choose) had to be the wedding scene, if only for walter's sobbing and Sam's "jack." I also loved Sam's hopeful look after their pitch! Although, the episode wasn't without it's flaws. The furlings were a disappointment, especially since their portion came right after the previously on segment and there was virtually no segway, which left me confused. Also, at times it seemed like the characters were almost breaking the fourth wall, like Sam's line about the spoilers and commercials. Additionally, I thought the puppet sequence went a bit long, though I did enjoy walter's "I feel SO stupid"

Overall, however, an unforgettable episode which deserves 4/4 stars
            Spoiler:
            Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

This episode totally ROCKED! OMG! I was rolling the entire time. I am now watching it for the 3rd time and actually have caught things the 2nd and 3rd time I missed the first time around. (the only problem with laughing so hard) Wall-to-wall in-jokes. Amazing.

Favorite moments:
              Star Trek Sam: blink blink
              Puppet SG-1 falling in a heap after going through the gate.
              Teal'c staring down Martin over Teal'c PI
              Sam and Jack wedding! Woo Hoo! And a reference to the slash fandom.
              The four members of the original team walking up the gate ramp!
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

In the live discussion thread, I got the impression that nobody felt this was a "legit" episode. In other words, next week, nothing we saw in 200 will be counted as having happened.

It was just a little lark, not to be taken as part of the real storyline.

How do the rest of you feel?

Did the events shown in 200 (the "Wormhole X-treme" movie, Mitchell's 200th gate trip, etc) actually happen in the STARGATE universe, or was everyone just taking a week off and having a little fun?

Comment

I am going to have to replace my Tivo remote due to all the rewinding I did during this episode. I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time!!

I totally agree with what another poster said, "Previously on Stargate: SG-1:" [snip] (Furlings come on screen) Me: "Whoa! When did this happen? Wha--? Overgrown koalas as Furlings?! This never happened!" Yes, I'm stupid. It took me a while before I realized that it never occurred. (I played this part at least 5 times till I realized WTF was going on.)

My favorites:

1. Teal'c face as the Tin man. I just couldn't handle it!! (can someone post a HQ cap of that??)

2. Was trying to decide if what they were saying about 1969 was somehow true (it was such a wacky episode it could have been!)

3. Loved the fact that not only did Carter HAVE to ask if Jack was in the locker room, he actually was!!

4. I replayed the young SG-1 at least 5 times "I was still gonna tap that!"

5. Teal'c PI - INDEED! And just Teal'c in general. I really didn't like his character at the start of the series but once he started lightening up and saying stuff so "out of character" I started to absolutely LOVE his comments and interactions (especially when talking about Earth related topics).

6. Anything Jack, in any way shape or form!

7. The whole original team walking through the gate. Wish they had Hammond of Texas there too.

And MANY MANY MORE!!

The only thing I missed was there not being any Jacob (and I don't care for her much but others do - Janet), although I guess it would have been too much of a downer, especially for Sam. I really liked Jacob and would have liked the chance to see him in action once again.

Comment

really good episode i loved the part when jack was like "you werent there" i thought it was really funny but i watched it with a bunch of people who had never seen an episode so they didnt get any of the jokes. But, could some one please please please tell me what teh teal'c from worm whole extreme said towards the end of the episode it was something about scifi and i missed it because people were talking and i really wanna know what it was that he said.

Comment

honestly I think thats just up to the veiwer...200 was more of a love letter the the veiwers than a arch driven ep...I.E. Walter going through the gate...never been seen before...so they put it in for that reason and that reason only...truth be told though...I really was hoping to see RDA vs. Ori
                      McKay:...ZedPM
                      O'Neill: Zed?
                      Jackson: He's Canadian
                      O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Here is the quote you wanted:

Originally posted by Bucky
                        "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "

It was a nice reminder of why we ll got into Sci/Fi in the first place.

Bucky

Comment

it was a total disapointment. sure there were a few laughs but few and far in between
                          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

That's what i thought it might mean. An SG-1 movie. But who knows?

Comment

at the san diego comic con, they said that the writers were trying to work on a movie but didnt have time, so they're gonna work on it after the show is over

Comment

Awesome Episode!

I think I got most of the references...i'll have to re-watch in the morning to double check

But there was so much great things about this episode
                                - Quite happy to see the gang back together with some Old School Sg-1 moments
                                - invisible jack!.
                                - Some Jack n Sam Weddings..but of course..they only TEASE you with it =p
                                - Puppet Hammond and the Movie "redone"...
                                - Ferrlings! I watched this with some friends and they were like "HOW MANY EPISODES DID I MISS?!? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN"...hahahaha
                                - The Farscape reference was awesome. I wasn't really a fan of the show, but, with so many mains being from there, they had to do something
                                - The part about jack's "enterance" not being a surprise because "it got out" (gateworld?) and "the promo would of shown it" was quite humerous.
                                - Jack going through the Gate and dragging everyone with him...good stuff

Anyways, great fun episode. My only complaint was having to watch a pretty boring Atlantis episode (saved by Jack and Sheppard really...)...but, that's for another thread

Now here's the scary question..how many of those "episode ideas" were seriously considered as real episodes by the writers =p

Comment

Working...
                                X