Flesh And Blood (1001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    Didn't realise the actress for little Adria was the same as the lassy from Silent Hill. Nice little actress she is and very suited for the role.
    Which little Adria? There are three of those. The youngest was actually RCC's daughter.
    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
    -Audioslave

Comment

The last one. Take it you haven't seen that film then.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The last one. Take it you haven't seen that film then.
        No I haven't.
        Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
        Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
        -Audioslave

Comment

No, not the last one; the last one was a slightly older version of Adria.

You mean the one that had the long talk with Vala about the Ancients lying, right?

Comment

Ah, yes. She was the middle one:
            http://imdb.com/name/nm0272706/
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Ah, yes. She was the middle one:
              http://imdb.com/name/nm0272706/
              Though I do not want to ask about you people's fancies of clearly underaged girls, I would like to point out that the scene with Vala telling Adria off was one of the best Vala moments of the first Ep. The fact that this scene graces my sig is merely coincidence *cough*
              => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca View Post
                Yeah, I find I can't quite get my head around the whole Daniel thing. You know what flashed into my mind when he was aiming at Adria's head was back in Children of the Gods when he exterminated a whole whack of Goa'uld symbiotes. Sam tells him not to because that will make him no better than a Goa'uld but then he does it anyway and she gives him quite the look. And then during Prototype, didn't he want to kill Kalik?

And then there's the crying over the robot - makes me go hmmm.
                First of all the symbiote killing was in the episode Bloodlines not Children of the Gods. Second, Daniel has been known to kill people and aliens. (How many Jaffa has he killed in the middle of fire fights or by helping blow stuff up? Lots.) But the point is he looks for another way first. Once that fails he goes to plan B. Lastly he said 'should have' not 'wanted to'. He knew that Adria was going to be very dangerous and it might have saved thousands of lives to have killed her then and nipped this crusade in the bud. I think had he actually killed her he would have regretted the nesscisary loss of life.

He cried over the robot because she was sintient and he had been getting through to her. He knew that if he had actually succeeded at getting through he might be able end the repilicator threat. But since Reese was killed people were going to die fighting the replicators. I don't see the contradiction in character.
                sigpic
                thanks Stef
                Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

WOW .. this sounds good..

unfortunately here in australia we have not seen any of season 10 yet

but reading all this makes me real keen to see it though

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                    First of all the symbiote killing was in the episode Bloodlines not Children of the Gods. Second, Daniel has been known to kill people and aliens. (How many Jaffa has he killed in the middle of fire fights or by helping blow stuff up? Lots.) But the point is he looks for another way first. Once that fails he goes to plan B. Lastly he said 'should have' not 'wanted to'. He knew that Adria was going to be very dangerous and it might have saved thousands of lives to have killed her then and nipped this crusade in the bud. I think had he actually killed her he would have regretted the nesscisary loss of life.

He cried over the robot because she was sintient and he had been getting through to her. He knew that if he had actually succeeded at getting through he might be able end the repilicator threat. But since Reese was killed people were going to die fighting the replicators. I don't see the contradiction in character.
                    Me neither. Well summed up, MaeveBran.

Daniel's VERY conscientious indeed. And wrt to Kalik (Anubis's son), he already had a personal battle with Anubis and he KNEW first-hand just what kind of trouble the guy could pose. He was very serious when he said they needed to kill him. He wouldn't go over sth like that lightly...

And he was right in the Reese case though...

Pity he didn't pop a cap in Adria, but then killing an infant... Ah well she'll be back
                    => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash View Post
                      The last scene in the ep was basically saying we're going back to our roots for this season. It looks to be good. Maybe like DS9 during the Domimon war good.
                      I agree. The last scene with the mention of their previous fights against the goa'uld seemed to indicate that the final season might revert back to some 'old school' SG-1 that I loved. I hope that is the case! (Final season premiered here tonight, so I'm going to be a bit behind the times )

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                      Good episode. I see great potential for Season 10 (compared to the crappy 9th season). Cam is getting better and better every episode.
                      Cam was written really well in this episode. Last season he seemed a bit silly and felt, to me, like just a replacement for Jack. Not that I didn't like his humour, he made me laugh, but in this episode he showed much more leadership qualities and the scene between him and Bra'tac was great.

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                      Daniel's wish that he had shot Adria is an interesting look at his character. This is not the Daniel of old. His oh-so-Daniel-like hesitation cost them, but the fact that he even mentioned wishing that he had shot Adria shows the desperation of the situation. Honestly, this is the guy who cried over a robot five seasons ago, and now he's willing to shoot what is in form, a human girl.
                      When Daniel said he would have shot Adria, I was surprised that he was ok with that, when a few seasons ago he was furious with Jack for shooting a 'robot' who could have killed them. Very interesting to see this development in his character.

Originally posted by Weir'sRedShirt View Post
                      As someone who really hated season 9, I loved this episode. The main reason I wasn't a fan of season 9 was Vala, but I have to say I loved her in this ep. She was funny but not over-the-top, and I hope the Adria(sp?) plotline will tone her down a little, because I think I could really love her character.
                      I didn't mind Vala last season. She was amusing, but slightly annoying at the same time. However, I really liked her in 'Flesh and Blood' and am looking forward to seeing more of her, and her daughter.

Originally posted by Weir'sRedShirt View Post
                      Favorite moment? When Sam and Teal'C insisted on coming in the hope of getting Daniel, because it definitely reminded me of how close these three people are.
                      Indeed. The original sg-1 members sticking together. I was also very happy to see Bra'tac.

Originally posted by CCA View Post
                      Oh I forgot to mention what I liked is how they went back and told you what happend to the characters, and how they got there, going back to the battle and how they got out of that scenerio.
                      The flashbacks to what happened to each character during the battle was really cool to see since we got to see how they got out of the situation from their own point of view.

Overall, I thought it was a really good start to season 10 and I can't wait to see what happens!
                      "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                      S/J all the way!
                      Big Honkin' Resolution!
                      sigpic
                      John/Teyla Shipper!
                      SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Though you would have thought with those flashbacks that maybe a few more could have gotten off..

Comment

Looking back on things, this episode was a really great way IMO to kick off Season 10. It really set things up well for what was to come.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm looking forward - just got the DVDs last week and have gotten through the first four eps.

I liked this episode. Set things up for what's to come. Vala had her creepy kid? Check. Found out it was the Koralev that was blown up? Check. SG-1 is intact? Check.

Ready for more!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I've just watched this episode on DVD. I had been really looking forward to seeing it, after being left with the "Camelot" cliffhanger for nearly a year.

It was a really excellent episode, made even better with the flashbacks showing what happened to Mitchell and Daniel during the battle. The destruction of the Korolev, seen in the Fighter Bay was really spectacular and great visual and special effects with live explosions on set and CGI effects of the bay falling apart as Mitchell's fighter just about escaped.

I was very surprised to see Colonel Chekhov again, since I thought "Camelot" would be the last time we'd see the character. Having said that, I take it that despite the flashback, Chekhov's still gone down with the ship as he's not seen later in the episode. It's a shame because he was a good character and it had been great to see him finally get some action in "Camelot".

I thought the overall look of this episode seemed more filmic than usual. What few scenes that took place in the SGC showed it darker than usual. There was also a cool new view of the Ori fleet in Hyperspace. But I think the best visual effect was of the Ori ship landing on Chulak. I'd always thought the views of the main city on Chulak from previous episodes looked a little flat and 2D. But in this episode they really stood out in gloriously detailed 3D CGI. A credit to the visual effects department.

I also want to mention I couldn't help but laugh in that scene when Mitchell decides the only way to get Carter onto the Odyssey was to literally scoop her up into the Fighter Bay. Despite me guessing they'd try that much earlier in the episode, it was still priceless when Carter realises what Mitchell's doing.

As for Vala's kid, that was definitely an "Omen" moment when Adria first appeared with those creepy eyes and said, "Hello, Mother!"

A great start to the season and showing that even after 10 years, the show still hasn't lost it's excellent quality.
                              sigpic

Comment

I did catch that Ode to the Omen films with young Adria..

Comment

Working...
                                X