• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insiders (1004)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1004

Stargate Command captures several copies of Baal and must determine which one is the genuine article.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:34 PM.

It was a good episode. this season is still getting better and better (even tonight's ep wasn't as good as last weeks'). Next weeks looks worse that tonight's, but the one in 2 weeks looks better then the last 4, and yes I'm talking about the 200th episode.
    Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 04 August 2006, 07:04 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Okay, so, this episode definitely exceeded expectations. The plot, while decent, didn't win the episode for me, but the team interaction and the way Vala and Mitchell fit so well into the team did.

A satisfying episode.

OVERALL: ***

Comment

I didn't watch this straight through, so I'm going to be very sketchy on the plot and details (when am I ever not?).

First, although (at least from what I saw) Vala and Sam still haven't shared any personal conversations, I thought they had a nice chemistry together and can imagine them being friends.

Did they say where Daniel was? I know they mentioned him being gone, but did they say where? And, I mean Daniel, not MS.

Why was Vala leading the soldiers in her group when they were all spaced out around the base? She was giving out the hand signals and seemed to be in charge of that group. I know she's one of the main characters, but since she's only a probationary member, you'd think she'd be paired up with an SG1 member and would be following their lead.

Why? Why did they have to have Barrett turn? Although, I still say he looks different than he did before. Like he got a nose job.

I still find the clones stupid, but this was a better use for them than "did we kill the real Ba'al?"
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Good episode, looks like Earths slowly becoming untrustworthy territory. Gotta love all those Baals.

7/10 from me
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
            Did they say where Daniel was? I know they mentioned him being gone, but did they say where? And, I mean Daniel, not MS.
            They said he was at Camelot, trying to find something in Merlin's books.

I enjoyed the episode. Even though the writers need to be bopped for the excessive amount of Baal double entendres. *bop*bop*bop* I like almost any episode with Baal, since he is just a great villain with a personality. Or should that be "they" are great villains...

Comment

I thought some for the stuff was funny. Good episdoe. Not as good as last week. Love the team interaction.

Comment

I liked that the writers finally put it into canon that Mitchel is NOT the team leader. He was kinda sweet the way he said that he and Carter were the same rank and that Daniel and Teal'c were both civilians - really, he hasn't got any troops to lead.
                sigpic

Comment

I was waiting for them to explain Barrets dumbness.

I though the episode was okay.
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                    I was waiting for them to explain Barrets dumbness.
                    Yeah, break out the old zaytarc detector.
                    sigpic

Comment

Leadership issues- The quote "" kind of disturbed me until I realized that jack never had control of his team either. I still hold strong in my belief that the command of sg-1 is held by no other than colonel Mitchell. However carter has allot more power over the teams decisions than I originally speculated.

Vala- Wow, do we have a case of bipolar disorder on are hands or what? One episode she is a little pigtail princess, than she turns into a suave quick to the mouth chick, and it doesn't stop there. I have yet to figure out who she truly is and this episode pushed her character over the edge. Don't get me wrong I love Vala I just don't know which one of her to love.

Foothold issue- How in the world did it escalate that quickly? It would seem that we would have had allot more security than we did...... I suppose it was just one of those things, I can overlook it.

Overall I liked this episode it was in no means the best of the season but I would give it 8 1/2 out of 10.
                      sigpic

Comment

Again another episode I shall be rewatching, I really am enjoying this season...definitely some good lines here and there. Again hahah liked when Vala was arm wreastling Teal'C! I really don't have much to say just that I enjoyed it a lot (could be the fact that I know I have to be up at 5.am is what keeping my brain from truly functioning)

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                          Leadership issues- The quote "" kind of disturbed me until I realized that jack never had control of his team either.
                          I disagree - Jack led through loyalty. Teal'c and Daniel were fiercely loyal to him and would follow him to Nehtu and back. So yeah, he did have control of "his" team. The problem is that SG-1 is still primarily Jack's team, not Cam's. Cam would have been a great addition to Jack's team, and that's what he was expecting to become when he requested the assignment. He did get the gang pulled back together, but without the leader that they all loved, it has a very different dynamic.

Tonight's episode was nice. Not flashy, not over the top, but nice. My husband and I were laughing over all the Baal jokes. We wanted to see just how far the writers were going to take it - and they took it pretty darn far!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                            Foothold issue- How in the world did it escalate that quickly? It would seem that we would have had allot more security than we did...... I suppose it was just one of those things, I can overlook it.
                            I suppose one might assume that Barret both went in at the moment of greatest vulnerability, scouted the gaurds, and relayed that information to Ba'al.

Also it was convenient.

Comment

I absolutly loved this episode. It was funny, serious and overall great. I am loving this season even more! Can't wait for next week the trailer looks great!
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X