Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you wish would have been in Season 10, and its Finale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would have loved to see another season and not a series finale
    sigpic
    100 million light years away from earth:
    Doh!

please click the eggs or they will die . You don't want to be a killer do u?

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      Agreed! Jack was the main character for eight years, I couldn't believe he was never shown! He never got to say good-bye to Thor!
      The show was provided a disservice with Jack not being in the final episode. But I wonder if part of that was to say "this is not really the end". If that was the case they then completely dis-serviced the fans. I remember watching it the first time around and waiting and waiting. Even the second time I still just hoped. At least they have the new up coming movie and at least he is in it.

I personally enjoyed the relationship between Daniel and Vala and was completely unsatisfied with the getting together but not really aspect. I just thought that was a complete waste of

It's a shame that there wasn't more character development for both Vala and Cam. That was one of the biggest disappointments for the season, because I think that in time they would have made an even greater impact on the show. It's a shame that networks don't give shows the opportunity to let characters become more and rather that it's all about the ratings or there lack of.

Comment

It's been a while since I have been around here, but here's what I thought about the finale:

The Asgard - if everyone's favourite little grey aliens had to be written out, this was a good way to do it. The concept of the Asgard pasing on all their knowledge was a wonderful - and the best - way to tie together 10 years of procuring technology to aid in the defence of Earth. That said, I thought it could have been fleshed out better. I realize time is always an issue and that this part wasn't the focus of the episode, but the Asgard have been our closest ally for many years as well as an audience favourite. They deserved more than a few minutes where they dump all their goodies in our lap and then go out in blaze of glory. SG-1 should have met the High Council on their homeworld, and then be declared the Fifth Race. It simply felt too rushed and tacked on; which isn't a Stargate norm. An extended episode would have been welcome.

Main plot - just what you'd expect from the team of brilliant writers that have showered us with creative and interesting stories spanning two decades for more than a decade. This was very much a Stargate storyline. I loved the interaction between the characters. You couldn't have done an episode like this a few years ago. My only concern is with the solution to the problem they face. I have only seen the episode once but I think it was something like 50 years they were on the ship. Carter is WAY, WAY too smart to not come up with a solution before then. I realise they had to make it an extended amount of time to justify the title and plot but it simply force me to 'suspend by disbelief'.

Teal'c - an interesting turn in his character but I feel uncomfortable with Teal'c being so old. Hopefully he'll revert back to 90 odd years old when SG-1 futzes around with the timeline again in Continuum.

No Jack - I'm sure they asked, but it was very sad not to see Rick say goodbye to his buddy.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I have more respect for Brad, Peter and co then pretty much any writer I have ever seen.
        Last edited by Amun Re; 12 July 2008, 10:31 PM.
        >>Insert Clever Remark Here<<

Comment

Ooooh! I wanted more Vala/Sam friendship. I wanted Sam/Jack. I wanted like the whole cast there! Like Jack, Hammond...somehow Janet. Ya know?

And more explosions! Not saying i wanted the whoel SGC blown up but ya know.

Comment

I was always under the impression that they wrote the finale before they knew that they weren't coming back, or at least had most of season 10 mapped out. So, I liked the character driven story. It was nice to spend an hour with these guys knowing it was the end. It would have been nice to wrap up the Ori storyline with some fireworks, but that would have needed at least another season to do.

In any case, I was satisfied since I knew 2 movies were coming and maybe another series.
            sigpic

Comment

TBH the show didnt really end, it ended like a normal episode really or just a common end of season episode. The final although a great episode did not really work as a final and did not do the 10 years of SG1 justice. It wasnt terrible but nothing was closed off... i know they knew about the two movies but still closure is nice.

Comment

Was Unending a finale?

Comment

For me, the best ending for Stargate was the finale of season 8! The team finally all go to Jack's fishing house and fish. Perfect ending for me.

Now, in season 9 they introduce Cam and Vala - which I love.

I abhor the last episode of Stargate "Unending" - I still haven't forgiven Robert for that misindeamor. I remeber, I was laying in bed, late at night; all day so excited to watch the last episode, and when it began it was good but then it went downhill and I started shouting at the screen.

The next day I was still annoyed, lol - still am.

But, I think I would have liked O'Neill in the episode - I would loved to have had the last three episodes in Season 10 to be connected.

Remember the fianle of season 1, "Within the Serpent's grasp"? And the premiere episode of season 2?

Something like those episodes - lots of action, visual effects that summarise the great visual effects we have witnessed over the last ten years! Some real fight scenes, some amazing humour, SG-1 styly. Explosions.

And then after all that - they can all, even Cam and Vala - they all go to fish at Jack's house! AN me, I should be there, lol.
                  sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    Was Unending a finale?
                    No. It was a way to make me have an unending, till the end - annoyance.
                    sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

Oh, and they should have said a quick note in the credits to the lovers of Stargate - "Thanks, guys!" Or something like that, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetsamurai View Post
                        Oh, and they should have said a quick note in the credits to the lovers of Stargate - "Thanks, guys!" Or something like that, lol.
                        That would have been nice to thank the fans for their support. Although, as much as I adore Stargate, I think TPTB aren't really all that conerned about what the fans think or have contributed.

Otherwise, I would have liked to see a hint that there might be a way to restore the Asgard somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetsamurai View Post

You mean a fruit basket of some sorts?

Comment

well i'm sure many a person would have wanted lots of scenes that involved ben browder half naked

O'Neill in unending would have been good
                            just felt wrong him not being on the ship with them
                            "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

As far as the Unending ep itself goes, I would have 86-ed the scene with Vala & Daniel. Daniel's monologue went on & on & on..... when it was obvious they were going to hook up. It made Daniel look shallow.

Instead, an actual arguement between Cam & Sam would have made sense. They must have issues with each other, even if it were isolated to this ep. And frankly, although I don't ship these two, if they had hooked up it this (all those years without sex, people have needs dammit).

An actual explanation of why Landry was there at all would have been good. I know it was the last ep & that was why he was there, but within the ep it didn't make a lot of sense (as would wearing his offworld uniform). Just a one-line statement would do.

The ep itself I liked. I knew it wasn't 'the end' as such, but it did serve as an end to s10, which was all it needed to serve as. Did I like the s8 ending more? Yes, but that was written as a series conclusion, and written before they knew they were being renewed. You can't compare the two - it's not apples & apples. Take the various Trek shows. They were good at the time, but don't age all that well (IMO), TNG especially so.

Actually, now that I think about it, the comparison to the end of TNG isn't too far off. Both eps offered a chance to see what would happen to the characters over time, but yet have nothing happen at all. Suddenly RCC has dropped in my estimation (copying).

As for would I change s10, honestly I'm not sure. I'd kinda lowered my expectations by then.

Perhaps more Cam and more Sam? Less Vala & Daniel? I think Cam & Vala had good (non sexual) chemistry (I've never seen farscape). Tone down the Daniel scenes. The crossover/Atlantis ep just made me cringe - the time to end this is now, i'm just so sick of hearing that...... puhleeeease. Get rid of the IOA - the most overplayed card in stargate. Less ships, more gate. Just everything that has been said before
                              sigpic

Comment

hmm yeah the above point about less ships is a valid point
                                while i understand they were trying to add to the story i just felt like i was watching another version of star trek almost
                                star trek is based on ships
                                stargate the gate
                                think it should have stayed like that but thats my personal opinion
                                "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Working...
                                X