Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jenks
    replied
    Surnames come from professions too, like Smith.

Leave a comment:

• Jackie
    replied
    Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
    Well it is a Medieval society, and I'm pretty sure last names really weren't used during that time, or at least not by everyone.
    In medevil society--the person's father or city was the last name. As I have posted above.

The last names devolped from this trend. Even peasents had surnames...maybe not in the sense that we would use them.

Jeepers, my brain wasn't working last night.

Adria's last name is Oracle of the Ori.

She is Adria, Oracle of the Ori. Her title is her full name! Translate that to Ancient and you would have her last name. Anyone know Ancient?

Leave a comment:

• Jackie
    replied
    Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Speaking of, did Tomin ever get a last name? What is with these one-name people? Do the Ori not believe in last names?

-Stef

I have no idea if they use surnames. Vala just said his name was Tomin but never said if he even had a last name.

In many casses the surname developed out of being the "son" of ____ (father's name) or person's name___ from___.

Leonardo de Vinci--for example--means Leonardo from Vinci (a city)

Dickson--english name--means Son of Dick--Patronymic name meaning "son of Dick." The given name Dick is a short form of Richard, meaning "brave power," derived from the German "ric" for power or rule and "hard" for brave and hardy.

source:http://genealogy.about.com/library/s...bl_meaning.htm

dickson: http://genealogy.about.com/library/s...me-DICKSON.htm

One would assume some sort of surname system would arise in a large order of people like the Ori followers.

We never knew the name of the village or planet they were on.

The names could be village, planet or solor system related in the ori galaxy too.

Leave a comment:

• jds1982
    replied
    Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Speaking of, did Tomin ever get a last name? What is with these one-name people? Do the Ori not believe in last names?

-Stef
    Well it is a Medieval society, and I'm pretty sure last names really weren't used during that time, or at least not by everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Stef
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    Adria's last name would be Tomin's last name. (I have no idea what that is.) Vala married him and told him that he was the father when she realized she was pregnant.

She did love Tomin and he embraced Adria as his own child--knowing she was not.

Tomin is her "legal" father.

-Stef

Leave a comment:

• marty2006
    replied
    Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
    i'm pretty sure it was a virgin conception, i think it was a prior that waved his magic staff and wham bam thank you man, she was all knocked up
    Lol a virgin conception? Emmaculate conception dont u mean. Vala is cleary not a virgin lol.

Leave a comment:

• Jackie
    replied
    Adria's last name would be Tomin's last name. (I have no idea what that is.) Vala married him and told him that he was the father when she realized she was pregnant.

She did love Tomin and he embraced Adria as his own child--knowing she was not.

Tomin is her "legal" father.

Leave a comment:

• Stef
    replied
    Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
    Um, are you guys stupid?

Adria Midichlorians
    Too me a moment to get that one!

LOL, true, she may not have been hymenally intact but the actual conception in question was carried out without carnal event, besides why would the anti-christ be carried by a true virgin anyway.
    Wait, wait, wait...are you saying that Vala isn't a virgin?

-Stef

Leave a comment:

• Commander Ivanova
    replied
    She doesn't need one. One name is enough for the likes of Madonna, Robbie, Jordan, Kate, etc.

Leave a comment:

• angelfire east
    replied
    I don't think she has a last name or wants one.

Leave a comment:

• M2W
    replied
    Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
    Um, are you guys stupid?

Adria Midichlorians

Duh

(....I just realized I missed my 300th post )
    Hehe. Silly.

Don't feel bad. I missed my 400th.

Leave a comment:

• any_gopher
    replied
    Um, are you guys stupid?

Adria Midichlorians

Duh

(....I just realized I missed my 300th post )

Leave a comment:

• M2W
    replied
    LOL, true, she may not have been hymenally intact but the actual conception in question was carried out without carnal event, besides why would the anti-christ be carried by a true virgin anyway.
    Haha! Love the way you phrased that.

Leave a comment:

• firefly827347
    replied
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Adria doesn't actually have a father, but was the product of an immaculate conception. So I guess her name could be Mal Doran...

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    "Virgin" being used VERY losely here...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X