Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten." Any Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly as Fifth Man says. It's just so puzzling and there are already tons of possibilities discussed in another thread. I, for one, am excited to see how this arc turns out. In the beginning of the season, Daniel said -nothing- could convince him to convert to the Ori's way of thinking.. so what could possibly have made him take the step to become a Prior? I really can't wait to see it : ) I am an optimist and I believe it won't disappoint.. but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
      Now, you shouldn't make that statement about no one being happy with this concept. This could be a very well done arc. Especially if Daniel is somehow seduced by the Ori, or is under mind control of some sort. Yes, this move goes against everything we've known Daniel to stand for. But that's why this is so intriguing. What could make him take such measures?? That question is what has me so interested.
      Problem is SG1 writers usually don't go for stories that are as dark as this could potentially go - which I would love seeing (yeah, I'm happy with the concept...). I suspect I'll end up enjoying the speculation on the story arc much more than the execution itself... but I'm hopeful. S9 has been quite darker than previous ones.

..And yeah, it's becoming confusing with all them threads! hehe.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Maybe he's simply using it as a way to ascend again? He has to play along to fool the Ori maybe? Im hoping for something like that cos them simply saying Daniel changes his mind is bu11$h1t.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
        Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
        the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
        Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
          Maybe he's simply using it as a way to ascend again? He has to play along to fool the Ori maybe? Im hoping for something like that cos them simply saying Daniel changes his mind is bu11$h1t.
          I'm positive that this change will be for reasons other than Daniel just "changing his mind." I'd almost be willing to bet money on that. Note that I say "almost".
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

When Garik became a prior it didn't really look like he was given a choice. Becoming a prior almost seemed to be what the did to convince him. It's safe to say that those who become priors might now always WANT to.

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing about Gerak! The prior just took his mind to Celestis and bam! (almost) instant prior. That seems alot more likely to me than Danial choosing to become one for any reason.
              What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
              I made a big decision a little while ago.
              I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
              That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
              Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
              Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
              Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
              Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
              And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

He becomes he Sith of the darkside, AKA Prior of the Ori.
                And Skara comes as an assended and goes "I am your Brother in law"
                "nooooo"
                Hola

Hello

Comment

Gerak had already pretty much expressed his wish to follow the Ori tho, he just had a small doubt.

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Comment

Gerak had already pretty much expressed his wish to follow the Ori tho, he just had a small doubt.
                    That doesn't mean they're above making someone a Prior who doesn't believe.

Comment

However it is said that he preaches Origin.

Comment

However it is said that he preaches Origin.
                        Becoming all pasty has got to mess with your mind at least a little bit! =0)

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          I like that idea, and nice comparison. But, I don't think
                          Spoiler:
                          Vala will be all it takes to win him back. It will probably take the combined efforts of SG-1. Afterall, Sam and Teal'c are two of his closest friends as well.
                          I'm new to this thread and just reading over the old replies... sorry if that gets annoying btw but I agree with you very much. I think
                          Spoiler:
                          it would take more than one person to win him back. I'd be disappointed if this didn't involve his closest friends - Sam and Teal'c.

Comment

Don't forget Jack! Though I guess it's kinda far-fetched..

Also, I believe one of the showrunners had made it clear that you can NOT become a Prior without wishing so. I forgot who, but I'm sure someone can find the quote for me

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                              I'm new to this thread and just reading over the old replies... sorry if that gets annoying btw but I agree with you very much. I think
                              Spoiler:
                              it would take more than one person to win him back. I'd be disappointed if this didn't involve his closest friends - Sam and Teal'c.
                              I'm glad you agree. I would be disappointed too.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

as we have been told what happens to Daniel maybe it's what the others have to do to get him back that is the controversal part, to what extent would SG1 go if it meant saving Daniel (his soul as much as his body) from evil?
                                I really hope he doesn't have to die AGAIN

“it makes an interesting hula hoop” Mr Shanks’ opinion of the gate January 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X