Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    GMTA.

I was thinking they were saving money on costuming...

suse

Might also be why Mitchell kept losing his pants.
    Originally posted by Callista
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Originally posted by HPMom
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Not duel weapons, mind you, but there's a scene in "Redemption" when Teal'c, Rya'c and Bra'tac are surrounded by Jaffa soldiers, and T is wielding a staff weapon, flipping it around back and forth toward wherever it would do the most damage ... and realizes a Jaffa is coming up behind him, and he flips the staff weapon backwards and fires off a shot without even looking behind him ... and hits the Jaffa with the blast! Eyes in the back of his head?
      Jaffa Spidey Senses. I can live with that. I think we saw Bra'tac do something similar.

One thing I noticed in S9 &10 is they were using guns more than ever--including Teal'c. I had to think wouldn't zats be quieter when infiltrating a ship?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Jaffa Spidey Senses. I can live with that. I think we saw Bra'tac do something similar.

One thing I noticed in S9 &10 is they were using guns more than ever--including Teal'c. I had to think wouldn't zats be quieter when infiltrating a ship?
        Yeah, but they also cost a bunch in FX. Besides, a gun is much sexier/bigger.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Yeah, but they also cost a bunch in FX. Besides, a gun is much sexier/bigger.

suse
          ...the size of the gun is relative to the size of....oops nevermind
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            ...the size of the gun is relative to the size of....oops nevermind
            feet.

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Not duel weapons, mind you, but there's a scene in "Redemption" when Teal'c, Rya'c and Bra'tac are surrounded by Jaffa soldiers, and T is wielding a staff weapon, flipping it around back and forth toward wherever it would do the most damage ... and realizes a Jaffa is coming up behind him, and he flips the staff weapon backwards and fires off a shot without even looking behind him ... and hits the Jaffa with the blast! Eyes in the back of his head?
              No. It's just experience, adrenaline and a rapid analysis of the situation. A lot of martial artists, military personel, etc. can do the same thing.

There are the 5 classical senses and you can "feel" someone approaching your back. It's hard to explain, but every person around you has a presence and you can feel/know when someone starts to move to strike or attack you. It's an excellent exercise, along with blindfolding a person, to train "awareness" so you don't solely rely on your sight as often people make fake moves which feel differently so you can ignore those and catch the real one.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing when I watched those episodes and decided it was because they'd become idiots.

Well, that and the fact that zats would remind everyone of how it used to be.
                Signed,

Gregorius
                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Cut backs?

It must have been, since they could no longer afford a qualified leader for SG1.
                  sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    No. It's just experience, adrenaline and a rapid analysis of the situation. A lot of martial artists, military personel, etc. can do the same thing.

There are the 5 classical senses and you can "feel" someone approaching your back. It's hard to explain, but every person around you has a presence and you can feel/know when someone starts to move to strike or attack you. It's an excellent exercise, along with blindfolding a person, to train "awareness" so you don't solely rely on your sight as often people make fake moves which feel differently so you can ignore those and catch the real one.

The force is strong in this one....

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I understand completely what you are talking about. I've had people get highly irritated with me when they think they're creeping up on me and think I'm totally unaware of them. It's one of those invisible senses that if a person pays attention to it and develops it, can be quite useful. It's intuition, but actually way beyond intuition ... if that makes any sense. I've been told I often have that, and there have been many times when I knew something was going to happen before it did, or knew somebody was going to call and a few moments later they did, or I just knew who it was when the phone rang and I answer in some silly way and get a surprised "how did you know it was me" (and that's not because of Caller ID, either). This is probably a much more simple notion of what you are describing, but also quite similar.

Comment

The force is strong in this one....

suse
                        I was thinking "Teal'c use the force".
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                          It must have been, since they could no longer afford a qualified leader for SG1.
                          Now that explains it. Cam was cheaper to put in the position than Sam.
                          heck, Cam would probably do the job for nothing--just give him lots of big guns to play with.

Comment

Now that explains it. Cam was cheaper to put in the position than Sam.
                            heck, Cam would probably do the job for nothing--just give him lots of big guns to play with.

You know, that one ep - I forget which - when they come back and he's enthusing "That's what I'm talkin' about" regarding their scrape with death on that mission - said scrape being caused by his recklessness - he's playing with his gun. I really thought for a moment he was going to call it 'Winona".

You would think, assuming nothing had been said by now, that Landry would have noticed that the rest of the SG-1 walked away with eye-rolls and questioned *why* the others were doing that about said leader. Seemed very insubordinate. Of course, they weren't really subordinate, were they?

I can only assume that TPTB meant those eye-rolls to be 'look at his enthusiasm' indulgences. Odd that. I read those as 'How did we get saddled with this doofus?'

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

You know, that one ep - I forget which - when they come back and he's enthusing "That's what I'm talkin' about" regarding their scrape with death on that mission - said scrape being caused by his recklessness - he's playing with his gun. I really thought for a moment he was going to call it 'Winona".

You would think, assuming nothing had been said by now, that Landry would have noticed that the rest of the SG-1 walked away with eye-rolls and questioned *why* the others were doing that about said leader. Seemed very insubordinate. Of course, they weren't really subordinate, were they?

I can only assume that TPTB meant those eye-rolls to be 'look at his enthusiasm' indulgences. Odd that. I read those as 'How did we get saddled with this doofus?'

suse
                              Disrespectful maybe? They can't be insubordinate, since Sam is the same rank (even though technically Cam is "leader" of SG1 - did they ever really resolve that issue?), and Daniel and Teal'c are civilians ... so at least the latter two can be as insubordinate as they want to (IMO). I'm probably wrong in assuming "insubordinate" usually refers to being rude or some such thing to a superior officer (though I suppose it could also apply to someone of equal rank).

I'm pretty sure I'm just babbling incoherently here ....

Comment

Disrespectful maybe? They can't be insubordinate, since Sam is the same rank (even though technically Cam is "leader" of SG1 - did they ever really resolve that issue?), and Daniel and Teal'c are civilians ... so at least the latter two can be as insubordinate as they want to (IMO). I'm probably wrong in assuming "insubordinate" usually refers to being rude or some such thing to a superior officer (though I suppose it could also apply to someone of equal rank).

I'm pretty sure I'm just babbling incoherently here ....
                                Well, in that he was the nominal leader of them, I could make a case for insubordination.

It was disrespectful - though I didn't complain about it because it so reflected my feelings on the matter.

Apparently I am complaining about it. I just don't the he deserved to lead so think that having such experienced people following him is ridiculous rather than... indulgent.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X