No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Reckoning now Lost City then Window of Opportunity and Stargate on Scifi will be over. I know they wanted to save the best show for the 7:00 ep but it would have been nice to have Mobieus or Threads (even know its not my favorite) just so we can end as it should have, with Thor safely in his new body and classic SG-1 fishing.

Pres. Haze was a great character and another one they didnt bother to use in S9-S10.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Wow this is weird. I am watching Atlantis and its almost like they are setting up for next season and the new characters. Like they have like a plan or something. Kinda like they did at the end of season 5 of SG-1 and nothing at all like they did at the end of S8 SG-1.

Could they really have an actual plan? You know other then completely making up brand new crp and trying to make it fit into stargate cannon where it never existed before. That would be amazing. Although they have already gone a little off cannon already. I mean it almost sounded like the SGA crew was like feeling guilty about committing genocide. I thought we earthers could wipe out whoever we wanted without guilt.

Watching Lost City today I almost laughed when Weir talked about peace and stuff knowing her history for starting wars.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I want my money back. That was a waste of an hour.
        sigpic

Comment

yep, scarily enough it seems that the atlantis folks are actually thinking mroe than one joke and one laugh track ahead

scary ain't it???

show runners that just MIGHT be running a show instead of obsessing over fun and jokes
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

At least Atlantis
            Spoiler:
            mentioned Jack. Twice!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
              At least Atlantis
              Spoiler:
              mentioned Jack. Twice!
              Ahahahaha, great point!
              It seems they make an effort to try to remember cannon. Yet another good sign.

Comment

At least Atlantis
                Spoiler:
                mentioned Jack. Twice!
                Amazing isn't it - and completely ignored on the last episode of the show he stared in for 8 years.

sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

What gets me is that
                  Spoiler:
                  we had to get a musical montage?? Could Cooper not write dialogue or something? Did he not have a complete story for the final television episode?
                  sigpic

Comment

I actually sat through and wasted my hour watching it. However, I was mentally prepared too.

First--I had to view Daniel as Micheal Shanks instead of Daniel in order to get by the whole Vala and his lack of love life thing.

I recall some fans stating that the rampant was OCC. It was like Cooper had sat down and read this thread and had Daniel bring up all our issues and then throw a big kiss at us. LOL. However, I think he wanted to throw us a bird of sorts.

The Asgard solution was utterly ridicules and OOC completely.

Cooper said this ep was his love letter to the fans. I guess he had Thor give us another bird. (How many fingers can an asgard hold up?)

The best line was when Landry told SG-1 that there was now no reason for them to fall behind on paper work.

The whole ep and the whole season was useless and boring!

SG-1 did not go out with a bang--as advertised. It went out with a huge flush and then a wad of toilet paper clogged the drain. Anyone got a plunger?
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

It did go out with a bang. A bang of dozens of awesome eps that just happened to be not on in prime time. I watched those and was completely happy. Of course I skipped unending, thus my current good feelings toward the show.

See and people say I am always negative. Its been positive post after positive post from me.

Comment

What gets me is that
                        Spoiler:
                        we had to get a musical montage?? Could Cooper not write dialogue or something? Did he not have a complete story for the final television episode?
                        exactly. that's what it was missing

dialogue would have led to angst and emotion

but coop seems to avoid that like the plague

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                          It did go out with a bang. A bang of dozens of awesome eps that just happened to be not on in prime time. I watched those and was completely happy. Of course I skipped unending, thus my current good feelings toward the show.

See and people say I am always negative. Its been positive post after positive post from me.
                          I did watch the last ep before the new ep aired. Boy was I depressed at the difference in quality.

Jack O'Neill can never be replaced. Go Jack!
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Its shocking how bad "Team" episodes are compared to earlier "Team" eps. Heck there were a bunch of what we used to think as character centric eps that were more TEAM then most of the TEAM eps in S9-S10. The difference in quality is quite stunning when you watch the old eps.

^^^^^OK maybe that is a passive agressive positive post. Positive to stargate SG-1 but not Stargate command.

Comment

at least the stargate showed up in the very end of the show

cause, you know, it's kinda symbollic. the focus was a space ship and the 'greatest prop of all time' got a token little cameo in the end

very representative of coop's style. screw history, screw what made the show great...isn't this a cool ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                at least the stargate showed up in the very end of the show

cause, you know, it's kinda symbollic. the focus was a space ship and the 'greatest prop of all time' got a token little cameo in the end

very representative of coop's style. screw history, screw what made the show great...isn't this a cool ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Yeah. They've definitely 'moved beyond' the Stargate. Too bad.

This is a modified crosspost of what I but on the Unending thread. Danger! A few nice things said about the ep! Danger! Ener at your own risk!
                                I didn't think it was as bad as i thought it would be. Hope that made sense. SGA was much better though. I ain't buyin' what Coop is sellin'.
                                Spoiler:
                                The Asgard might think the human race has the potential to be the 5th race, but I don't buy they would hand over all that technology. I think the world outside the SGC (the ones who *control* the SGC) have shown that they cannot be trusted with that kind of power. Kinsey. Mayborne. The NID. The IOA. The Trust. No way would the Asgard give us that. It's like giving 5 year olds lighters. Filled with nitroglycerine. This whole ep (imo) was setup for Ark of Truth.

The only part of Mitchell I liked was the part where he
                                Spoiler:
                                couldn't remember that he complained about being stuck with the bad he got back together. . And while I understand the frustration at being stuck on a ship reaction he was being an ass. I guess he'd have rather been blown to bits in real time in .86 seconds? Yeesh.

Speaking of... What was it with OOT OOC Daniel?
                                Spoiler:
                                And then he kisses her? She shoulda kicked his butt a la PU for that little 'speech'. No way. I didn't mind them gettig together. <shrug> It's an AU anyway.

Didn't the (B)Ori beam
                                Spoiler:
                                look very phallic? Talk about giving it to the fans and the characters

As much as I didn't like large parts of the script I liked others.

I
                                Spoiler:
                                really think Vala calling Teal'c "Muscles" is funny. Yes in earlier eps too. I know it's not the first. I liked how Vala tried to help Sam too. She's the only one we saw do that. She's really grown on me. I'll miss her. ::suse watched some people pass out at that comment::

Landry taking up gardening. I guess bird calls are kinda useless. Though screwing with people's heads with them would pass the time. It would have mande more sense to use Jack in the Landry role. He's the one with the close ties to the Asguard, esp. Thor. And I don't say that to further Sam/Jack.

I liked Sam taking up the cello. It's mathmatical but very expressive. A much needed break from solving the problem. LOL! Loved it when she turned Thor off when she heard that a solution wasn't possible too many times. Considering how she unconventionally (to the Asgard) saved their little grey butts before she needed to do that.

Teal'c. Silly skunk stripe. What a thing to live with. 50 years of watching people he loves grow in different ways, both good and bad. And have it erased for them. It's like everyone around you having amnesia. Poor guy. "No." to Vala. LOL.

I found Mitchell pretty useless. But then I have ever since he "brought the band back together". And I gave up trying to like him during 'The Making of 200'. So, well, enough said.

Those (B)Oro shoot as badly as stormtroopers. Seems if they can track a ship thru hyperspace they can target weapons on them better than that. <shrug> I still snicker every time I see the Toilet Ships Of Doom.

A bit of irony. They've spent years building up a space fleet and ignoring the gate more and more. What does Mitchell say at the end? "This is the way to travel." No kidding. Why haven't we? (See my sig. The reference has been there for months.)

One question: Why aren't there two Tealc's? One got sent back from the future. One was there. I don't buy them merging. That makes no sense. So... what gives?

suse
                                Last edited by suse; 22 June 2007, 09:07 PM. Reason: oodles of spoilers
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X