S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    It seems like it's all about business & not a love of the product. I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive.
    Amen, absolutely and indeed.

Edit: Yay, what a 300th post!
    Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Something is bothering me... about replicators of the "bug type"...

Didn't they use to be immune to regular bullets? I mean, sure, they get scrambled for a few seconds, but they reassemble soon after the shot.
      In recent episodes with such replicator spiders, it seems that shooting them with a P90 kills them permanently.
      Was the old canon too annoying to keep?

Or am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post

Didn't they use to be immune to regular bullets? I mean, sure, they get scrambled for a few seconds, but they reassemble soon after the shot.
        In recent episodes with such replicator spiders, it seems that shooting them with a P90 kills them permanently.

Or am I wrong?
        details, shmeetails!! Can't you be a good little sheep and follow the flock and ignore 8 years of canon and just ooh and ahh at the brilliant tripe placed before thee?

<added>
        actually that is a common problem with ongoing sci-fi shows they create a super foe and then it becomes too hard to keep up the hopeless fight against them (takes too much thinking to write themselves out of a corner) and so magically they become easier to dispose of.
        Last edited by RealmOfX; 29 February 2008, 02:30 AM. Reason: spelling
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post

Or am I wrong?
          Actually bullets always worked against replicators thats why the Asgard recruited our help. They are too advanced to ever think of the concept of basically hurling tiney rocks at the reps even after they found out how amazingly well it worked. So they needed the primative ("stupid" ) humans to help them out.

TPTB lost their way when they created the human form replicators, and made them immune to actual bullets requiring the first in a long line of "super weapons" to be hunted down and used on them. They still redeemed themselves a bit by having to have a human "stupid" enough to download the ancient database in his head AGAIN and then be able to translate that information to make the first anti replicator gun. But then THAT wasnt good enough so they made the humans (and thor) actually stupid enough to give replicarter full access to the gun so she could come up with a defense and then its been one superweapon hunt after another. They finally put an end to it again in Reckoning...but we saw how long TPTB were able to live without the replicator cruch, and it wasnt long.

Funny, I had a dream last night about watching an Atlantis ep where the characterization (especially of Carter) was so !@#$%^ off and so S9-10 like that I had to come in here to rage about it and actually used !@#$%^.....too bad I cant remember the exact rage, I am sure it was amusing. Odd too since I havent watched any stargate since last weekend. Maybe its a accumulation of all the plotholes and bad characterization for the last 3 years in (what used to be) the stargate universe......GOD now theres a show I hope never gets made. Oh well.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I still prefer the Replicators to the Ascended (the Ancients are okay) and especially the (B)Ori.

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

From Joe M's 2/28 blog:
              I’d never sat through a concept meeting that clocked in at less than 45 minutes before! Sadly, we weren’t even close. The record is held by a Robert Cooper SG-1 season 10 script that took less than 1 minutes to get through!
              Well, by S10 I'm thinking *they* were thinking, "What's the point??"

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                From Joe M's 2/28 blog:

I’d never sat through a concept meeting that clocked in at less than 45 minutes before! Sadly, we weren’t even close. The record is held by a Robert Cooper SG-1 season 10 script that took less than 1 minutes to get through!

suse
                See that just shows you how much time they put into the quality of the show
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

From Joe M's 2/28 blog:

suse
                  Is there hope that a long meeting means some of the plot gaps & dumb "humor" won't be in the script JM speaks of? Or will it be *more* dumb humor?

Comment

From Joe M's 2/28 blog:

suse
                    That shows you the high quality of S10.
                    So what context was that in? Because it actually seems to explain a lot about how things ran. Do it coopers way, no fact checking, no how-come-rooming...nothing but yes sireebob that looks good to me.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

well when you're the producer who writes & then also directs, what are your underlings going to say to criticize your "brilliant" product?

Comment

Is there hope that a long meeting means some of the plot gaps & dumb "humor" won't be in the script JM speaks of? Or will it be *more* dumb humor?
                        Not sure if you mean the Atlantis script. I'm hoping it'll be fine.

I just pointed out the S10 script as this is the Anti-S10 thread... and yes, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean one minute, but more likely 11-19 minutes, I was just having fun with the comment.

Certainly a *very* short meeting like the S10 one likely wouldn't bode well for the episode. It would take longer than that to *read* the script.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

well when you're the producer who writes & then also directs, what are your underlings going to say to criticize your "brilliant" product?
                          That was my point. Ans when you think about stuff the showrunner added to eps (CoT: "Damn you Cam Mitchell, the wave to the vacumed Lucien Alliance guy) it really makes you wonder...

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Underling 1: So what, pizza for lunch today?
                            Underling 2: How about chinese?
                            PTB: Pizza it is, meeting over.

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

That was my point. Ans when you think about stuff the showrunner added to eps (CoT: "Damn you Cam Mitchell, the wave to the vacumed Lucien Alliance guy) it really makes you wonder...

suse
                              Makes you wonder? Or makes you shudder?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Underling 1: So what, pizza for lunch today?
                                Underling 2: How about chinese?
                                PTB: Pizza it is, meeting over.

Yup

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X