S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
    You're absolutely right. Sam, Jack and Daniel look terrible but Teal'c looks amazing.

Check this out if you want to see them bigger: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...ing_soon.shtml

Just click on each pic.
    Jack looks the worst--the sunglasses give him a bug eye effect. *shivers*

Sam looks second to worst--kind of like taking number 6 from bsg and putting on different plastic hair.

Daniel is 3 worst--looks kind of pissed off at the world.

But Teal'c looks amazingly good. So, it is possible to have a good looking plastic doll. Just not all four at once.

With the plastic hair I wonlder what Vala would look like?
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Sam looks second to worst--kind of like taking number 6 from bsg and putting on different plastic hair.

But Teal'c looks amazingly good. So, it is possible to have a good looking plastic doll. Just not all four at once.

Daniel looks ridiculous with two guns. He's an civilian archeologist/linguist, not Rambo. Looking like Indiana Jones might be reasonable, but looking like Rambo just does not fit that character at all.

That group of action figures makes SG-1 looks like a Search and Destroy squad. Doesn't look like a group of spacefaring humans to me. Looks more like a military squad of Rangers or Seals.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
        Daniel looks ridiculous with two guns. He's an civilian archeologist/linguist, not Rambo. Looking like Indiana Jones might be reasonable, but looking like Rambo just does not fit that character at all.

That group of action figures makes SG-1 looks like a Search and Destroy squad. Doesn't look like a group of spacefaring humans to me. Looks more like a military squad of Rangers or Seals.

Yep, all part of Cooper's grand scheme of things.

Comment

Yep, all part of Cooper's grand scheme of things.

It also says its releasing the "Avalon" Vala wearing her black leather outfit. I wonder if that comes with a whip?
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
            It also says its releasing the "Avalon" Vala wearing her black leather outfit. I wonder if that comes with a whip?
            yep, a black whip in one hand and pink fluffy handcuffs in the other.

Comment

It's funny how the new members of the team aren't added.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                It's funny how the new members of the team aren't added.
                who? Oh, yeah...I forgot about them. LOL.

At least we don't have an action figure of Landry *shiver*

Comment

bawk, bawk

his accessories could be a little duck call and some fake ducks
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    bawk, bawk

his accessories could be a little duck call and some fake ducks
                    And a bratty daughter.

Seriously, what possessed them to make Landry and Lam related?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                      And a bratty daughter.

Seriously, what possessed them to make Landry and Lam related?
                      Yes Landry/Lam such a mock-up relationship compared to Jacob/Selmak-Sam

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                        Yes Landry/Lam such a mock-up relationship compared to Jacob/Selmak-Sam
                        If they were trying to recreate a father-daughter relationship like Jacob and Sam's with Landry and Lam, they failed miserably.

Can you imagine Sam behaving like Lam does if Jacob had been CO of the SGC?

I don't think that Lam was needed in anywhere near as many episodes as she appeared in and, to me at any rate, her role seemed far more 'Landry's daughter' than 'CMO'. The character also didn't have anywhere near the same depth and staying power as Janet or Beckett did.

If they had to have Lam, instead of a minor character doctor like Brightman in Season Eight, then they should have made her either

(a) CMO and no relation to Landry - if they have to rely on her being Landry's daughter to connect her to the storyline and justify her presence in most of her episodes, she's clearly not worth the screentime they're expending on her.
                        (b) Landry's daughter and an expert drafted from the CDC to deal with the Prior's plague, appearing only in "The Powers That Be" and "The Fourth Horseman, Parts 1 and 2".

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                          If they were trying to recreate a father-daughter relationship like Jacob and Sam's with Landry and Lam, they failed miserably.

Can you imagine Sam behaving like Lam does if Jacob had been CO of the SGC?

I don't think that Lam was needed in anywhere near as many episodes as she appeared in and, to me at any rate, her role seemed far more 'Landry's daughter' than 'CMO'. The character also didn't have anywhere near the same depth and staying power as Janet or Beckett did.

If they had to have Lam, instead of a minor character doctor like Brightman in Season Eight, then they should have made her either

(a) CMO and no relation to Landry - if they have to rely on her being Landry's daughter to connect her to the storyline and justify her presence in most of her episodes, she's clearly not worth the screentime they're expending on her.
                          (b) Landry's daughter and an expert drafted from the CDC to deal with the Prior's plague, appearing only in "The Powers That Be" and "The Fourth Horseman, Parts 1 and 2".
                          I was glad to see that Landry/Lam was only address once in S10. But how ridiculous was it for Landry to be giving Vala advice about her father/daughter relationship?
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I was glad to see that Landry/Lam was only address once in S10.
                            That was one mercy, but Season Nine did irreparable damage. For one thing, by making the Landry/Lam connection his primary onscreen relationship, it isolated him from the other regulars. Hammond had a family that he obviously loved very much but that didn't stop him caring about SG-1. Landry is a different story; he's only really formed a connection with Mitchell and even that seems forced and hollow.

But how ridiculous was it for Landry to be giving Vala advice about her father/daughter relationship?
                            Utterly.

Comment

Avalon Vala.. as opposed to Revlon Vala, with pig tails & all.

Found in http://www.toywiz.com/stargate.html
                              They've got at least 2 Valas. (Avalon, with leather outfit, and SG1 style, with a military uniform with a large non-military-standard cleavage).
                              It's funny how it's written "Warning" on the package.. I wonder what could be the full information behind the Warning note...

Spoiler:

I like their toy model of the Stargate though.

Spoiler:

Comment

I was glad to see that Landry/Lam was only address once in S10. But how ridiculous was it for Landry to be giving Vala advice about her father/daughter relationship?
                                About as ridiculous as Mitchell talking about team.
                                So pretty in keeping really.
                                Originally posted by Arga View Post
                                I like their toy model of the Stargate though.

Spoiler:
                                OMG! What is that thing?!
                                That's not sci-fi! We want spaceships. Lots of spaceships.
                                [/sarcasm]

Comment

Working...
                                X