S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    ok, so thinking on a jackson less s11????

i dunno if the vala we saw when jackson wasn't around would stay or not. we all have our opinions on coop's track record with female characters, and we have our opinions on how well he listens to his actors...so i just don't know if vala and sam would grow or if coop would find a new toy that he could play iwht and spin the show around and contiue to ignore the perfectly good ones he had in his hands.

seriously, how long could he have dragged the ori out????

they were too big, too bad, too undefeatable, yet no one likes to watch thier heroes lose every week.

hjonestly, without major retooling, i don't see how s11 could have happened. coop killed off too much of hte show's core.

now, to be fair, if they'd have known earlier that there'd be a s11, then the ori plot would have moved slower and perhaps be sustainable for antoher season, but still, given that he allowed cam to be written like a Janus character, ignored sam since she didn't have a boyfriend, made vala nothing but the girl friend and only let teal'c have stories when he was getting the crap beat out of him, do you really see it going on?

and would you want 20 more eps of Cliche of the Week?
    Not a chance!

Perhaps a less depressing topic would be what a Jackson-less Season Eleven would have been like with one or more of us show-running it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

A Jackson-less season 11? Vala might have been more tolerable 'tis true. But I'd fear they'd pair her with someone else b/c you know women shouldn't be on their own. I also wonder if the show and esp. network PTB could have handled the equal gender balance, assuming the only change was MS leaving. 2 female leads not counterbalanced by extra testosterone?

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
        I'm curious to hear what you all think. Let's say there would have been a S11, we know that MS would most likely not have taken part of that season. Do you think Vala would have worked better on the show? Or would she have been a "new" Sam? Meaning she would have been pushed into the background more, now that Jackson isn't around anymore?

I must say, thinking about that....I'm a bit split up. I like to think that I would have started to like Vala a lot more, cause we saw how they wrote her when Daniel wasn't around. But at the same time, I fear they would do the same to her as they did to Sam. With Jack gone they didn't seem to know how to handle her character. And at the same time, perhaps Vala's relationship with the other memebers of SG1 would have expanded and developed into something interesting. More friendship between Sam and Vala perhaps?

Hmm, maybe if Daniel AND the Ori left in S11...bring back Baal as the evil character he was in eps like "Abyss", improve the writing....maybe it could have been a decent season?
        If there was a S11 MS would still have been in it. It felt like a wise move on his part to play the contract game, since it was very obvious that RCC saw Jackson very intertwined with the Ori "saga", much more so than any other character - including Vala.

A Jackson-less S11 may have made more of Vala's connection with Adria (glowiness notwithstanding) and the Ori. Unfortunately for that part of the story, I think she'd probably turn into some weak mother figure. All emotional about her poor baby, and everything run through the "mother's instinct" filter. Mostly, because, in the new RCC Stargate world, all the characters are their biology first.
        She'd develop the ability to read Ancient/Ori, and... actually that just about covers Jackson's role these days. So we'd be back to Lead (Mitchell), Scientist (Carter), Linguist (Vala), and Teal'c (T's his own man ). This would make it much easier for RCC, since he's said - and proceeded to demonstrate - that he has difficulty writing/working with more than a four man team.

Also re: Action Jackson
        http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...6AA#LargeImage
        Two P90's! Wow, whataguy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          Jacksonless S11 would have been very interesting. I'd like to have thought that we'd have gotten the Vala we saw in 'LitS' but I doubt it, as Suse said she probably would've been shipped with another character and that would most probably have been Mitchell. However, it would've been nice to have a 4 person team again, 5 just always seemed like too many and unnecessary.

Ba'al as the new enemy would have been fantastic! I probably would've tuned in just to support that one change - Ori out/Goa'uld back in. I hate the Ori! But as most of you said with Coop running the show I doubt things would have improved significantly, but it would've been nice to have a few episodes that were Sam-centric or Teal'c-centric, seeing as they were wallpapered.
          Oh yes, a 4 person team is to be prefered. It feels like there is always a 5th wheel, although both Sam and Teal'c have been that wheel at the same time so many times. Yep I would have certainly liked Ba'al instead of Ori, they never did interest me the slightest. At first I thought they could be a cool enemy, but nothing really happened that made them cool or interesting. Now Baal I really liked before, I think he was one of the best (if not THE best) Goa'uld.

More Sam and Teal'c would have been nice, atleast more team-ish episodes. But, as you and many others here have said, don't think we could hope for better changed. I have felt the show slowly die out since S7, but 7-8 was still decent enough to like. S9/10 ('the new show') has been very dissapointing, to put it midly.

Originally posted by smurf View Post

Okay so that proves our point! Btw, what is Teal'c holding? I kinda think it looks like it's a camera. What, is he recording everytime SG1 saved the world?

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post

Um...I can tell which is Sam and Teal'c, but how can you tell Jackson and Mitchell apart

(yep same gene pool )
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Um...I can tell which is Sam and Teal'c, but how can you tell Jackson and Mitchell apart

(yep same gene pool )

You mean Daniel had no beard!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

(yep same gene pool )
                I thought that was Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel. Jack being the one with only one P-90 and I think a zat. Or am I the one getting it wrong?

Edit: Yep, it's definitely Jack and co. If you scroll up slightly it says:

Stargate SG-1 Desert Combat Series 4 Action Figure Set Description:
                Stargate SG-1 Desert Combat Series 4 Action Figure Set. The set of 4 pieces may contain the following characters: 1x Samantha Carter, 1x Jack O'Neill, 1x Teal'c, and 1x Daniel Jackson (Subject to change). These Jean St. Jean Studios creations feature added points of articulation and all-new accessories in addition to a brand new desert camouflage design! Collect each figure to create your own figure-sized MALP and Transport Rings!
                What I am confused about is what Teal'c's carrying?

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I thought that was Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel. Jack being the one with only one P-90 and I think a zat. Or am I the one getting it wrong?

Edit: Yep, it's definitely Jack and co. If you scroll up slightly it says:
                  <snip>
                  Thanks for clearing that up

It looks like the SG1 MRE lunch box
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Btw, what is Teal'c holding? I kinda think it looks like it's a camera. What, is he recording everytime SG1 saved the world?
                    It looks like some kind of stylised grenade or rocket launcher
                    -

Comment

Btw, what is Teal'c holding? I kinda think it looks like it's a camera. What, is he recording everytime SG1 saved the world?
                      LOL! It DOES look like a camera. Gives new meaning to the term foreign correspondent.

Comment

Oh my, those action figures look...what is the word...shoddy? Carter looks like a generic model, the only difference between Jack and Daniel is sunglass and headgear. Yet, Teal'c looks good.
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                          Oh my, those action figures look...what is the word...shoddy? Carter looks like a generic model, the only difference between Jack and Daniel is sunglass and headgear. Yet, Teal'c looks good.
                          You're absolutely right. Sam, Jack and Daniel look terrible but Teal'c looks amazing.

Check this out if you want to see them bigger: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...ing_soon.shtml

Just click on each pic.

Comment

New thread, I'm sure you guys have an opinion on, or at least would like to vote in.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=45810

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              LOL! It DOES look like a camera. Gives new meaning to the term foreign correspondent.
                              Imagine Teal'c doing a special live report on TV from some off-world mission.

You're absolutely right. Sam, Jack and Daniel look terrible but Teal'c looks amazing.

Check this out if you want to see them bigger: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...ing_soon.shtml

Just click on each pic.
                              Oh, Teal'c does look brilliant! I almost thought it was a photo off him, but after looking at his legs, I figured it was the action figure. Can't say the same about the others, they look...well a bit odd.

Comment

The Sam Carter one looks like an off the shelf generic doll. Something Felger would make.

Comment

Working...
                                X