S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arga View Post
    Bravo ChopinGal! I had a great moment reading this! finally, the meaning of the red & green LED's explained!

I had a question for you all.. You often refer to the old Daniel Jackson as "Daniel", and to the changed Daniel Jackson as "Jacskon"... Why?
    I'm a bit puzzled..
    Probably because in the earlier seasons when Daniel was Daniel. He was, well "Daniel" or "Dr Jackson" or "Danny Boy" or "Space Monkey". Now Cam just refers to him as JACKSON, so do TPTB in some interview I've seen and even episode synopsis refer to him as Jackson. I guess it makes sense as he is NOT the same character in any logical way.

So you have the really cool, intelligent, deep thinking, more passive, not sold on shoot first ask later, would die to spend just one more moment studying a facinating answer to life the universe and everything, Dr Daniel Jackson.

Then you have action jackson... Is that ancient device not doing what you want? Well just shoot it. Is that girl getting on her nerves? Its too much trouble to put her in her place like a rational adult, so just yell and\or sulk. Have to pose for a picture? Put on your best superman stance. Have an alien race giving you problem? Wipe out all their useless azzes, after all you KNOW they are ALL evil.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
      Probably because in the earlier seasons when Daniel was Daniel. He was, well "Daniel" or "Dr Jackson" or "Danny Boy" or "Space Monkey". Now Cam just refers to him as JACKSON, so do TPTB in some interview I've seen and even episode synopsis refer to him as Jackson. I guess it makes sense as he is NOT the same character in any logical way.

So you have the really cool, intelligent, deep thinking, more passive, not sold on shoot first ask later, would die to spend just one more moment studying a facinating answer to life the universe and everything, Dr Daniel Jackson.

Then you have action jackson... Is that ancient device not doing what you want? Well just shoot it. Is that girl getting on her nerves? Its too much trouble to put her in her place like a rational adult, so just yell and\or sulk. Have to pose for a picture? Put on your best superman stance. Have an alien race giving you problem? Wipe out all their useless azzes, after all you KNOW they are ALL evil.
      Yes, I think it's definitely clear that the real Daniel never came back after his first Ascension.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I had a question for you all.. You often refer to the old Daniel Jackson as "Daniel", and to the changed Daniel Jackson as "Jackson"... Why?
        I'm a bit puzzled..
        It also reflects what he's being called by "the man in charge." Jack called him Daniel, Mitchell calls him Jackson.

Daniel fits him better, just like Jack led the team better.

Jackson is the character warped into a different form for the sake of plot expediency.
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
          Probably because in the earlier seasons when Daniel was Daniel. He was, well "Daniel" or "Dr Jackson" or "Danny Boy" or "Space Monkey". Now Cam just refers to him as JACKSON, so do TPTB in some interview .../...
          Ah thank you, that's clear now to me. I thought of that but wasn't sure..
          forgive me, I've watched season 1-8 several times but the "guiness book extra seasons" only once, so I forgot some details...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
            ROTFLOL Er ... you didn't mention humble.
            Oh yeah, that too.

*preens*

Saving the planet ... one red rep at a time. It's what I do."[/B]

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Trying to find the page that had the link to an RCC interview and also an RDA interview. Was discussed several days ago, maybe even a week. (Not his last GW interview). Thanks.

Comment

forgive me, I've watched season 1-8 several times but the "guiness book extra seasons" only once, so I forgot some details...

Yeah my S9 and 10 facts are pretty fuzzy too. Most of what I remember I would like to forget.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                  Yeah my S9 and 10 facts are pretty fuzzy too. Most of what I remember I would like to forget.
                  Indeed. The thing with watching episodes once is that you don't remember all the details and that's what makes a great show being able to remember all the details and plots really well so you can link them up later on.

I've watched all the episodes from seasons 1-8 well over a dozen times but can't bring myself to watch seasons 9&10 episodes for a second time around, unfortunately. Watching them once was bad enough quite frankly with most of them. However, I have to say season 10 wasn't as bad as season 9; the second half of the season 10 was even 'ok'. Shame they had to ruin the end with a crappy/cringe-worthy season/series finale.
                  Last edited by Nikki; 25 July 2007, 05:47 PM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                    Indeed. The thing with watching episodes once is that you don't remember all the details and that's what makes a great show being able to remember all the details and plots really well so you can link them up later on.

I've watched all the episodes from seasons 1-8 well over a dozen times but can't bring myself to watch seasons 9&10 episodes for a second time around, unfortunately. Watching them once was bad enough quite frankly with most of them. However, I have to say season 10 wasn't as bad as season 9; the second half of the season 10 was even 'ok'. Shame they to ruin the end with crappy/cringe-worthy season/series finale.
                    The second half of S10 had a pretty good start, but then went back down hill very quickly
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Saving the planet ... one red rep at a time. It's what I do."
                      Brilliant stuff! That really cheered me up this morning.

I had a question for you all.. You often refer to the old Daniel Jackson as "Daniel", and to the changed Daniel Jackson as "Jacskon"... Why?
                      I'm a bit puzzled..
                      I think it has been said already. But for me they are two very different characters. Daniel was the archeologist, the "geek" on the team if you will. He was very passionate about most things, doing the right thing, knowing the facts before helping out a alien race fighting a war they knew nothing about. I kind of feel that after he came back in S7, a lot of what made Daniel was gone. You could say that he has changed from whatever happened while he was accended. I can accept the fact that a character changes over the years, but in S9/10 everything I loved about him was just gone. I don't feel there is anything at all left from S1-5.

He has become this strange mix between Jack and Mitchell and possibly even Vala. Like someone said, he is Action-Jackson now, not Dr Daniel Jackson.

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                      I've watched all the episodes from seasons 1-8 well over a dozen times but can't bring myself to watch seasons 9&10 episodes for a second time around, unfortunately. Watching them once was bad enough quite frankly with most of them. However, I have to say season 10 wasn't as bad as season 9; the second half of the season 10 was even 'ok'. Shame they had to ruin the end with a crappy/cringe-worthy season/series finale.
                      Oh yes I too have watched those seasons so many times I have lost count. I can't get bored by them, and I am watching them again now that they air here on TV for the first time (meaning my DVDs get a well needed vacation ). But in a few months they will start S9 and I just don't think I will want to spend an hour watching that again. I might pop in on the eps that were a bit better and didn't have the Vala I don't like in them.

Line in the Sand is actually my favorit ep of the two seasons. Vala was a really good character in that one, and I never was annoyed by her for a second...well maybe a little in the brefing. Her interaction with Tomin were really good and I wish they could write her more like that, a more serious and smart character. This was one of the few "team" eps I can find in these two seasons. I thought they started the 2nd half pretty well but as you say they made a U-turn with certain eps I really want to forget.

Comment

vala in LITS was 'real'....she wasn't a cliche to prop up j ackson's ego. she was a real woman, struggling with things she'd done and had done to her.

i really wish that we'd have had more jackson-less shows, not to be jacksonless, but to allow vala to be more than his girlfriend.

she had such promise and potential and iMHO, TPTB squandered it to promote Jackson and Vaniel
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*nods* I would love to see more of Vala as Vala, not Daniel's girlfriend.

One of my biggest peeves when I used to date (how tragic is that? I'm 19, how long can it have been?) was being introduced as someone's girlfriend. Helloooo!? I'm me!

Heh. I just watched Unending again, and all I could think was "BAWK, BAAAAWWWK!" The running, the chess games... Cam standing in the same place Landry had stood before he died...

BAWK! BAAAWWWK!
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

lolol

run, fun from the plant man!!!!!!!!!!!

it's not his thumb that's green

but i understand that the ship grows on you after a while
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              lolol

run, fun from the plant man!!!!!!!!!!!

it's not his thumb that's green

but i understand that the ship grows on you after a while
                              Noooo! This is going to haunt me in my dreams just like Janet/Hammond. Argh. That one purely Don's fault. He told me about how much he wants to draw Teryl in the nude (practically waggled his eyebrows) and then added, "but of course I see her and Amanda as daughters." Mixed messages anyone? Heh, gotta love him.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I needed a few "guinness drafts" to make through each "guinness book extra season" ep.

I like that "guinness book extras season". So they got their record and ruined the show in the process. TPTB must be proud.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X