S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    According to what I've read. Vala, was freed by the tokra 4 years ago. As too her years as a host...I have no idea. if her father looks 40 to 50. I would say she was maybe a host for 10 years or less.
    The date given for her being freed from the Tok'ra was ten years pre-'Prometheus Unbound'. She spent four years impersonating Qetesh on whatever the planet in 'The Powers That Be' was called and was then absent for "many seasons".

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      her father should have been closer to 50 - 60, not someone that looked to be mid 40's.
      Fred Willard, who plays her father was born in 1939 - he's 68 years old and in the episode he looked to be around this age. What the hell are you talking about then?

Comment

I see 'Tao of Rodney" was the lowest rated episode ever for Atlantis with 1.1.Another McKay episode what a surprise. I see the Gateworld article wants to blame the low ratings of TV in general. A 1.1 is very bad any way you slice it. The Shroud did 1.2.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
          I see 'Tao of Rodney" was the lowest rated episode ever for Atlantis with 1.1.Another McKay episode what a surprise. I see the Gateworld article wants to blame the low ratings of TV in general. A 1.1 is very bad any way you slice it. The Shroud did 1.2.
          ECW was a 1.6
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

And with RDA there too? Yikes! At this rate, they'll drop below 1.0 before the season's over.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
              And with RDA there too? Yikes! At this rate, they'll drop below 1.0 before the season's over.
              Actually, rumor has it that Bounty might have done better than 1.2 (but not by much). Maybe ratings are looking up or, who knows, just zig zag.

Comment

Since I really don't want to make Sky break out her big red mod pen. The only comment(s) I'll make anout the Shroud is that it felt like a clip show of past episodes, built around the Ori storyline to me.

RDA was in it. Which was good.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  Since I really don't want to make Sky break out her big red mod pen. The only comment(s) I'll make anout the Shroud is that it felt like a clip show of past episodes, built around the Ori storyline to me.

To be fair they didn't advertise his presence at all !

Comment

It's hard to believe an RDA episode did a 1.2. I think there were very few 1.2 in Season 1-8. It just bothers me when some are making excuses for SG-1 and Atlantis ratings. Some Shows are down in the ratings although there ratings are still high. Like pittsburghgirl said ECW got 1.6. Enough said

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post

To be honest, I found it boring.

After all the times that Daniel has gone missing/died and come back, there was no suspense about his absence, I just didn't care.

Spoiler:
                      I was also disgusted that they would send a genocidal weapon to the Ori on Daniel's say-so. How do they know that the Ori are acting as one? The Ancient Ascended have had their rebels, so how do they know that it's not just the Ori's Anubis, or a small group of them causing trouble in all of their names?

For all they or we know, the only bad Ori crossed through to our galaxy with Adria and manipulated them into destroying the beings who could have stopped her.

Even if all of the Ori are evil, they supposedly drain energy from their followers. How do we know that taking out the Ori won't kill their innocent followers?

Comment

It's hard to believe an RDA episode did a 1.2. I think there were very few 1.2 in Season 1-8. It just bothers me when some are making excuses for SG-1 and Atlantis ratings. Some Shows are down in the ratings although there ratings are still high. Like pittsburghgirl said ECW got 1.6. Enough said
                        One, to the best of my knowledge. "Enemy Mine" got a 1.2, but it wasn't a great episode or even a good one in my opinion.

Comment

I did not watch the epsiode and it did sound boring. They have RDA back for these episodes and they give him nothing to do.Can we have Jack be the focus of these episodes or at least one of these episodes? RDA got more to do in Atlantis. It does not help if you do not watch Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                            To be fair they didn't advertise his presence at all !
                            No wonder he couldn't help them, in that case.

Is it just me, or is it funny when people feel compelled to red you to let you know that they feel that a certain actor was actually the "weekest link" in an episode? What's wrong with saying as much on the thread?

It is the Anti-Season 10 thread, after all, so any complaints about an episode of Season Ten would be on-topic.

Comment

I did not watch the epsiode and it did sound boring. They have RDA back for these episodes and they give him nothing to do.Can we have Jack be the focus of these episodes or at least one of these episodes? RDA got more to do in Atlantis. It does not help if you do not watch Atlantis.
                              Remember that RDA was not the lead of Atlantis for eight years and Jack's presence is therefore not a threat to Sheppard (or McKay, depending on who you think is lead).

Perhaps it is feared that if Jack is given too much to do on an episode of SG-1, he will overshadow Mitchell and/or Jackson.

Comment

No wonder he couldn't help them, in that case.

Is it just me, or is it funny when people feel compelled to red you to let you know that they feel that a certain actor was actually the "weekest link" in an episode? What's wrong with saying as much on the thread?

It is the Anti-Season 10 thread, after all, so any complaints about an episode of Season Ten would be on-topic.
                                Green!-some people have nothing better to do with their time than to jump in and make trouble.
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X