Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    2 seasons? season 8?

<insert rage over 200th ep being about MITCHELL. if you're gonna make a new show, MAKE A NEW FREAKIN SHOW>
    Yes Stargate SG-1 has been on for 8 years without need of the stupid superhero-cliché-centeroftheuniverse character. Now they run out of ideas and create one (just like every other crpy scifi show) and they come up on an anniversary show. Instead of the anniversary show being about the people who actually made the show so good and made it last 8 years they make a stupid spoof show with the stupid cliché character. This show has sunk below even the B level of the crpy and cliché SciFi movies.

Like you said, if they wanted this crpy new show, why didnt they just drop the name SG-1 and make their new show. Why drag SG-1 reputation down with them. Quite annoying.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

2 seasons? season 8?

<insert rage over 200th ep being about MITCHELL. if you're gonna make a new show, MAKE A NEW FREAKIN SHOW>

Why do you think the 200th show is going to be about Mitchell? I haven't seen anything that suggests that. Is there a new spoiler that just came out or something?

Comment

Please tell me episode 200 isn't going to be about Mitchell. They've already wasted a full season on him. Must he taint one of Jack's two appearances?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

and OMG dont even get me started on 200!!

i mean seriously, #100 was a cause for celebration, its 100 episodes of a successful franchise....#200? what exactly are they there to celebrate?

the show has lost SO many important characters...jack, hammond, fraiser, jacob etc etc
          then ontop of that lets not forget that this show isnt about the team anymore. we've lost the big bad guy that has been present for 8 years. everything about this show has changed. so episode 200? are we just celebrating the fact that there are 200 episodes of TV with the name SG-1 attached to it even though everything else about it has changed?
          cos i think thats a stupid reason to be celebrating
          - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            Oh, I agree. RDA is not what I would consider a big name "star" the way Bridges and Gossett or Ironside are. He does have a bit more recognition then the other (bb,cb,at,ms,cj) due to his years on MacGyver and is well known enough for that role that master card thought they could use the MacGyver persona to sell services. But I certainly didn’t recognize him when I first started watching Stargate and I doubt his name is that well known outside of MacGyver fans or Stargate fans.

Yes, too bad TPTB lacked the faith and loyalty in the actors and the storylines that made this such a great and long running show. I think that this lack of faith and loyalty will come back to bite them as the show has taken a nosedive in quality. If they had gone on to new and better things WITH the actors who have made this show what it was and brought in some new characters to interact WITH them I think this show could have gone a long long time. As it is I think they have doomed themselves to early unnecessary end and a fade into mediocrity. Such a shame.

Other then Mitchell being in the Military he is exactly like Crichton. Same good ol boy attitude, same since of humor, same incompetence, same issues with being in the shadow of his father, same "he is the center of the universe" storylines. It is the same character. Carter and Jackson are nothing like Crichton. Mitchell is Crichton who happens to be a Lt Col instead of a Commander.
            You are so right--it is the very lack of loyality that drives me insane!
            Mitchell is Crichton--either by design of the writers or BB can not portray his character any other way. Given the hype regarding Farscape--I imagine it was by design.

RDA was known to many of us from his early days in soaps but you would have to be around my age to remember that.
            He and Terri Hatcher ( desperate housewives)were an item at one time. In an interview--RDA mentions his "luck" with this fan base because he himself doesnt really get it.

Whether this whole mess is a result of a show that spent the past 3-4 yrs expecting to be cancelled or more for the long range plans of the franchise being lucrative well into the future with or without a TV series--I dont know. But one would think that TPTB would understand that the show is the foundation for all things future and by screwing it up--they screw up their long range plans.

Unless S10 surprises us by being good (which I doubt)--I dont think they will be able to recover the decline and it is sad that the once respectable series will be remembered by what we get now.

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
              Unless S10 surprises us by being good (which I doubt)--I dont think they will be able to recover the decline and it is sad that the once respectable series will be remembered by what we get now.
              It is sad.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                It is sad.
                I think that's what bothers me the most about these changes... This is really the end, and after years and years of "cheating death," they really are gonna die a slow one with the way they've handled it now. It's too bad it has to be this way.

Comment

Originally posted by frellu2
                  Given that logic, are you also saying that an unknown actor should have been hired to play Jonas instead of Corin Nemec (aka Parker Lewis)? For that matter, should AT, MS and CJ be precluded from other scifi roles due to their association with Stargate?
                  I didn't have a clue who Corin Nemic was. I had to be told he was of Parker Lewis Can't Lose "fame". I have a hard time equating child actors with adult roles. Though I think he did well.

Suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by frellu2
                    Given that logic, are you also saying that an unknown actor should have been hired to play Jonas instead of Corin Nemec (aka Parker Lewis)? For that matter, should AT, MS and CJ be precluded from other scifi roles due to their association with Stargate?
                    What Sky said.

If you cant be bothered to develop a character so hire a "big name" to bring in the vierwes they will only watch til the big name is gone. Or see the tripe for what it is and leave. Some with stay but many have more intelligence than TPTB think. I hope. LCD notwithstanding

Oy.

Suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                      I didn't have a clue who Corin Nemic was. I had to be told he was of Parker Lewis Can't Lose "fame". I have a hard time equating child actors with adult roles. Though I think he did well.

Suse

Thanks. I didn't know who he was either. After getting over the intial shock that Daniel was gone, I actually liked Jonas a lot. I was hoping he would become part of the Group after Daniel came back. I thought they did a much better job of introducing Jonas than Mitchell. So I guess I not that resistant to change afterall.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        I think that's what bothers me the most about these changes... This is really the end, and after years and years of "cheating death," they really are gonna die a slow one with the way they've handled it now. It's too bad it has to be this way.
                        It is the end--isnt it? That is still hard to grasp but given the junk they are now churning out--I find myself hoping for a speedy end.

Comment

It is the end--isnt it? That is still hard to grasp but given the junk they are now churning out--I find myself hoping for a speedy end.
                          But I don't want it to end I want to love it again - I want it to get better - I also want to win the lottery.
                          sigpic
                          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by suse

Suse
                            I thought Corin Nemec did a great job with what he been given. And as for child actor, anyone 25 yrs younger that me is a kid. But a kid at 19 years at the time of Parker Lewis started and ended, (3 yrs. the show was on) he didn't act like your typical child actor of the day.
                            Last edited by LaCroix; 27 June 2006, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                              I thought Corin Nemec did a great job with what he been given. And as for child actor, anyone 25 yrs younger that me is a kid. But a kid at 19 years at the time of Parker Lewis started and ended, (3 yrs. the show was on) he didn't act like your typical child actor of the day.
                              What CN went through coming into an established set of actors/production crew nicely paralleled what Jonas experienced coming into SG-1. CN replaced a well-loved actor and Jonas replaced a well-loved member of SG-1. It couldn't have been easy for CN. I'm sure he must drawn from his own experiences when playing Jonas...I thought he did a great job. too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                                But I don't want it to end I want to love it again - I want it to get better - I also want to win the lottery.
                                And I want some of what ever Zoser's on
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X