Clear All

Spoiler:
    In S7 Janet died

Spoiler:
    In S8 Jacob/Selmak died.

Spoiler:
    In S9 Prommie was put to rest.

Why am I going over "old news" ?

I think TPTB are going to have a brand new spanking show after S10 and anything that has to do with the "old Stargate" has to gone.

My only concern is will there be another obit. in the form of
    Spoiler:
    Bra'tac

ETA: I know that PTB thought there may not be a S8 or a S9 for the first two. And hopefully I wrong for the last one.
    Last edited by LaCroix; 06 April 2006, 06:47 PM.

Comment

i don't doubt it. ratings scam #1, return of an old character/super special guest star
      #2 death of a character
      #3 wedding/child birth

mmhm, wow, those look familar

we could be looking for a ratings scam trifecta
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As far as the super special guests, I doubt RDA is the only one they pull out of their... hat.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
          Spoiler:
          In S7 Janet died

Spoiler:
          In S8 Jacob/Selmak died.

Spoiler:
          In S9 Prommie was put to rest.

Why am I going over "old news" ?

I think TPTB are going to have a brand new spanking show after S10 and anything that has to do with the "old Stargate" has to gone.

My only concern is will there be another obit. in the form of
          Spoiler:
          Bra'tac

ETA: I know that PTB thought there may not be a S8 or a S9 for the first two. And hopefully I wrong for the last one.
          I read Jack O'Neill was coming back to tie up loose ends but not to tightly
          Spoiler:
          I don't know if this is just to get the shippers nutz or to say they weren't going to kill him too. They have kill off or promoted out of the series most of my favorites and replaced them with duds.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

ShadowMaat
            Did the Egg hatch?
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
              ShadowMaat
              Did the Egg hatch?
              No. Or, rather, when I went to the site hosting the eggs, they'd all hatched, but I couldn't get it to show up in my sig here. *grumbles* They have more eggs now and I'd like o adopt some, but not if the code isn't going to work. Makes me feel like a bad mother when it doesn't hatch.

Regarding guest stars...
              Spoiler:
              Do we know who's playing Adria? Or how much she's gonna be in the show? Because I'm thinking the woman who played Seven of Nine would be one way to try and draw in the ratings, especially since TPTB seem so enamoured of Trek cast-offs.

Or how about Virginia Hey? I can think of many good reasons why not to use her, but it'd be another Farscape person, and Farscape = ratings, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i don't doubt it. ratings scam #1, return of an old character/super special guest star
                #2 death of a character
                #3 wedding/child birth

mmhm, wow, those look familar

we could be looking for a ratings scam trifecta
                Ha! Good one. Yes, when an actor voluntarily wants to leave, they kill him/her off now for ratings. If the producers just want ratings, they bump off someone too. Actually, I think more people die on SG1 nowadays than on the Sopranos!!

But bringing in certain name actors, or favorite characters who have left, is a ratnigs ploy, which is the name of the game. They want to make money. That's why they make the show. Appeasing the rest of us is secondary.

Comment

Talking about killing main characters, I have a question. What the heck happened to Major Davis, I don't think we have seen him in S9.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Regarding guest stars...
                    Spoiler:
                    Do we know who's playing Adria? Or how much she's gonna be in the show? Because I'm thinking the woman who played Seven of Nine would be one way to try and draw in the ratings, especially since TPTB seem so enamoured of Trek cast-offs.

She didn't help Boston Public on Fox that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                      She didn't help Boston Public on Fox that much.
                      Your point being...?

Besides, that's normal TV. Scifi people won't help normal TV because the geekiest of the geeks don't watch normal TV. But if they know "that hottie from Trek" is gonna be on some other show featuring skimpy outfits and sexy aliens, they'll tune in.

A bit condescending and a massive generalization, but I think that's that's probably the consensus of opinion, from the Suits perspective if nothing else.

Comment

Your point being...?

Besides, that's normal TV. Scifi people won't help normal TV because the geekiest of the geeks don't watch normal TV. But if they know "that hottie from Trek" is gonna be on some other show featuring skimpy outfits and sexy aliens, they'll tune in.

A bit condescending and a massive generalization, but I think that's that's probably the consensus of opinion, from the Suits perspective if nothing else.
                        I don't think many people liked her. At least almost all the Trekkies I know hated her character, and what she brought to the franchise. I know I did.

Comment

Because I'm thinking the woman who played Seven of Nine would be one way to try and draw in the ratings
                          Never fear. Jeri Ryan has been cast in CBS' drama pilot "Shark." "Shark," from 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV, centers on a celebrity attorney-turned-prosecutor (James Woods). Ryan will portray Jessica, a district attorney and Woods' new boss.

Comment

Was Jeri Ryan young enough? TV Guide said they were looking for someone in her early- to mid-20s...

Hooray for the Teeny!Bopper demographic - or, at least, the ones they're targeting, at any rate. I'm evidently not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              Was Jeri Ryan young enough? TV Guide said they were looking for someone in her early- to mid-20s...

Hooray for the Teeny!Bopper demographic - or, at least, the ones they're targeting, at any rate. I'm evidently not one of them.

Nope, she's 38. Here's something I've never seen on imdb, her bust size.
                              And no as a woman I'm not going to put it here.

Comment

Well, hopefully if they
                                Spoiler:
                                kill Bra'tac

they'll at least have the courtesy to
                                Spoiler:
                                ascend him, as discussed in Kheb.

Heck knows he's earned it.

Comment

Working...
                                X