S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
    It's always interesting to hear what the actors have to say about the episodes.
    I agree- I don't think I've ever listened to an entire SG-1 commentary, have listened to probably a dozen Atlantis ones, and really love the David Hewlett and Martin Gero commentaries.

Comment

I so can't wait to see "Talion" next Friday. IMO, it was one of Teal'c's finest episodes ever on SG-1.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought it was a reasonably good episode for a Teal'c episode, i'm usually not very fond of Teal'c episodes, though i loved The Changeling
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
          I thought it was a reasonably good episode for a Teal'c episode, i'm usually not very fond of Teal'c episodes, though i loved The Changeling
          Personally, I've enjoyed most of the Teal'c centric episodes. Mainly because those were where he got the most talk time. I just thought "Talion" was a fitting
          Spoiler:
          final Jaffa-centered episode for SG-1.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Talion spoilers
            Spoiler:

I loved that scene at the end with Bra'tac. Been a long time coming. Had tears in my eyes - my flatmate didn't get it. I was pointing at the screen and saying "It's been ten years in the making!"

Also, CJ fighting BB

Comment

I'd like to see any of the actors do more commentaries. In particular, though, Chris Judge.
              I believe Chris did commentaries for seasons 1 - 8, right? (I don't have the DVDs of these seasons, so correct me if I'm wrong). Amanda was invited to do the commentary for the last episode of season 9. I really think that MGM SHOULD ask Ben, Claudia and Beau Bridges to do commentaries for season 10 episodes and the movies. It will be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                I agree... the Atlantis commentaries with DH and JF are pretty funny
                We need more SG-1 actors doing commentaries.
                We need to let know MGM about it, that we WANT actors do commentaries. Judging from season 9 (it's the only full season I have on DVD) it looks like MGM's way of thinking is: people who are available at the moment are doing the commentaries. And in most cases these are producers/directors/writers, 'cause they're in Vancouver all the time, where I believe the commentaries are being recorded. It's unfair towards fans of the actors who want to listen to their favourites commenting on the episodes. I don't want to listen to Mallozzi on Memento Mori episode!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I so can't wait to see "Talion" next Friday. IMO, it was one of Teal'c's finest episodes ever on SG-1.
                  So can't wait, either. Teal'c is my favorite on SG-1

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Personally, I've enjoyed most of the Teal'c centric episodes. Mainly because those were where he got the most talk time.
                  Indeed. In fact "The Changeling" holds a place in my favorites list.

Originally posted by Truskawka
                  I believe Chris did commentaries for seasons 1 - 8, right? (I don't have the DVDs of these seasons, so correct me if I'm wrong). Amanda was invited to do the commentary for the last episode of season 9. I really think that MGM SHOULD ask Ben, Claudia and Beau Bridges to do commentaries for season 10 episodes and the movies. It will be fair.
                  I think he's done a few; been a while, though, since I watched the commentary for the earlier seasons. I'm sure that they're quite busy, which is probably why they don't do many, but it would still be great to get more from them, especially since this is the last DVD set.

Comment

I'm sure that they're quite busy, which is probably why they don't do many, but it would still be great to get more from them, especially since this is the last DVD set.
                    I totally agree with that. For that very reason, I hope a real effort was made to get some of them to do some episode commentaries. All we can really do is hope that was the case.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I totally agree with that. For that very reason, I hope a real effort was made to get some of them to do some episode commentaries. All we can really do is hope that was the case.
                      It would be a real treat. I don't think I'd ever put down my set.

Comment

It would be a real treat. I don't think I'd ever put down my set.
                        I know what you mean. No matter what happens anyway, I think I'm really going to treasure this DVD set the most anyways. Because it is the last.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I know what you mean. No matter what happens anyway, I think I'm really going to treasure this DVD set the most anyways. Because it is the last.
                          Indeed. They could probably just give me the episodes and I'd be a happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
                            There weren't any commentaries for seasons 1-3
                            I'm not sure that MGM is the place we should write to request actor commentaries, either... Ivan maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                              There weren't any commentaries for seasons 1-3
                              So that's why I couldn't recall for sure on those seasons...

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                              I'm not sure that MGM is the place we should write to request actor commentaries, either... Ivan maybe?
                              *Shrugs* I have no idea.

Comment

Season 3 has Audio Commentaries right? Ripple Effect was the only episode where i listened to the whole of the commentary *is proud*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X