Cold Lazarus (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gone_fishin'
    This ep _can_ be accussed of sappiness but I've always loved the fact that SG has been willing to wear its heart on its sleeve in a way that say...ooh, Voyager or some such could never pull off. We all hurt and we all have baggage -- SG1 is one of the few shows to remember this.
    SG-1 remembering baggage is one of the things that makes it so good--if I couldn't write on or even ponder over various charcter demons, I'd be bored to death with it. The fact that said demons aren't in ever episode keeps it from getting bogged down (I haven't seen much Andromeda, but the eps I have caught seemed to be like that), but mixing a few in every so often keeps we devoted fans onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
      There is something that always makes me wince though and that's the awkward, clumsy dialogue when Daniel fills Sam in on Jack's past and Charlie's death. It makes Sam look callous and uncaring. A kind of "Oh dear, how sad. Oh well, never mind, look a cool crystal!". And later, the same lack in the writing gives the same impression when she reports to Jack that she has a theory the alien might have gone to find Sara. I know that the fact that it's radioactive is important, but Sam adds in this fact like it's some kind of casual afterthought, with no real sense that she has any inkling this could be potentially dangerous for Sara and little sense of urgency. It's a weird little moment of delivery that always strikes a sour note for me.

And then there's that poor crystal! It tells them its energy is fading and that if it doesn't get back to its planet it will die - So, do they react immediately with concern and dash it back to the gate and home so it will live? Nope. They all collectively turn their backs on it, start discussing the revelations it's given them, and leave it there! Hey, folks, hello, dying alien life form sitting on the desk here!

But these little quibbles aside, this is one of the highlights of the season for me. A great episode.

Albion
      I agree with you on both points, but still a great episode. I'd heard Cold Lazarus was a good episode, but i managed to avoid spoilers and i was pleasantly surprised by what happened. Definately a tear-jerker.

I loved that when the real O'neill came back throught the stargate, the speakers were saying "unscheduled offworld activation - this is not a drill...unscheduled offworld activation - this is not a drill" Lol, i can't believe they have to say that! What do they say when it is a drill?

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

I really like this ep!
        Its great!!
        Very funny in bits (especially Teal'c, and real Jack coming back through!), and its great to see Jack how he used to be, with a family. I think its so cute when he meets Sara in the hospital!!
        Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by gone_fishin'
          Script a little clunky and finding its feet at times sure, but anyone who has kids and doesn't get choked here has got to be harsh.
          moving acting by RDA.
          You said it. I can't watch this one without dissolving into tears the moment 'Charlie' touches Jack.

Comment

The scen with Jack in the brig was hilarious!
            Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

You know, I was watching this episode yesterday and I couldn't help but wonder, how did Jack open the iris BEFORE the wormhole materialized? I mean, in all the other times before, you had to enter iris codes after the wormhole engaged because radio waves travel through the wormhole? But this time Hammond says, "Why isn't the iris closed?" Walter says "someone has our IDC codes, sir." And the wormhole had not even been engaged yet? Does that work? If it works, then its reasonable to say that you could send a message through the stargate without engaging a wormhole completely just by dialing the address? No no no that's not right. Someone help me figure this out.
              Last edited by illuminarok; 13 March 2005, 04:37 PM.
              Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

Magick.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Not one of my favourite episodes, but it did have some nice moments in it

Comment

This is one of my top favourite episodes. It totally makes me cry, but I love watching it, because it's happy in a way. I mean, Jack has closure. It's just beautiful.

Comment

Average Episode Nothing to write home about

Comment

meh, glimpse of off-world activity brought back alien to planet, nice little character building at the end so it is good for being the 6th ever episode

Comment

Saw this for the first time Monday night and I loved it! One of my favorite episodes of the series and one of the best of season 1 as far as I am aware, this is probably one of the most underrated episodes of thes series. RDA really outdid himself in this episode with his wonderful performance as the alternate O'Neill and the scenes with Sarah were...touching to say the least. The music was great with the sad piano music playing troughout the episode. The efects were pretty good and I thought the end of the episiode was especially good when the "unity" became Charlie O'Neill and him and O'Neill went trough the Stargate.

timdalton007

Comment

I just found out that Harley Jane Kozak (Sara) has been writing detective novels for the last few years. I'd seen the name but didn't put the 2 together.

Comment

I trhink its a lovely episode made to bring a tear to the eye of even the strongest of hearts.
                              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

good back story on jack but thats about it not a fan of this one

it is good that there had jack get over charlie death early so the chararcter could move on but i think that there could had done it differently
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X