X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garhkal
    replied
    Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
    I loved that exchange. Would have loved to hear what Daniel had to say for himself
    Being he not only grew to love her, but almost killed himself several times trying to regain her back from the Gou'ald, i would say he has aqquited himself for 'accepting' a gift.

Leave a comment:

• Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
    replied
    Was Major Kawalsky suppose to been part of SG-1 or was he supposed to be still heading SG-2 cause from the way Hammond was suggesting, Kawalsky was supposed to have been the third member before Daniel "Requested" to be on SG-1?

Leave a comment:

• hlndncr
    replied
    Originally posted by fems View Post
    Yes, I am. Mine has a "copyright 2010 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc" mention, so obviously the box set is from 2010 or 2011. Is yours that recent as well or did you just buy it recently? Because there aren't any older sets available here, unless perhaps the per season set, but season one doesn't include the pilot for some reason and since I was told the original pilot wasn't being produced anymore, it's possible that it's just for lack of availability. Maybe there are still some original pilot DVDs out there, just not available for stores in my country.
    Well I purchased my set in 2010, but I did get a good price for it. Maybe they were clearing out old stock and all the new sets have replaced the original pilot with the recut. If that's the case then I'm really glad I bought the one I did at that time because I would be really disappointed to only own the recut. It just removed too many character beats I enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• fems
    replied
    Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Didn't have time to read the whole thread when I responded to you originally. I was just saying that I bought my DVDs very recently and it came with the original pilot. You're in Europe right? Maybe that has something to do with it.
    Yes, I am. Mine has a "copyright 2010 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc" mention, so obviously the box set is from 2010 or 2011. Is yours that recent as well or did you just buy it recently? Because there aren't any older sets available here, unless perhaps the per season set, but season one doesn't include the pilot for some reason and since I was told the original pilot wasn't being produced anymore, it's possible that it's just for lack of availability. Maybe there are still some original pilot DVDs out there, just not available for stores in my country.

Leave a comment:

• hlndncr
    replied
    Originally posted by fems View Post
    Gah, just noticed I used the wrong symbol but obviously that should have been <2009. Anyway, I've mentioned my box set here, fourth post on the page.

I can't give you an answer as to why they put the re-cut version in it opposed to the original pilot. It's supposed to be a complete box set so perhaps they feel the re-cut version is better than the pilot or just think that it sounds better to say ten seasons plus three movies instead of ten seasons (and original pilot) plus two movies? I wish I knew why and I wish I could get the original pilot here, but it's just not possible.
    Didn't have time to read the whole thread when I responded to you originally. I was just saying that I bought my DVDs very recently and it came with the original pilot. You're in Europe right? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X