• Show
Clear All

• Boxerdog
    replied
    Ty.

Leave a comment:

• Xaeden
    replied
    You're thinking of "Moebius" (Season 8, Episode 19). The Sam and Daniel that are introduced to the Stargate program in that episode are from an alternate timeline.

Leave a comment:

• Boxerdog
    replied
    TY that is exactly how I saw it but like I said I saw a recent episode where they brought in both Sam and Dr. Jackson in a later episode together. AIR FORCE folks came to where Sam was working (I think @ NASA) and her jerk male boss thought they were there for him. Sam was reviewing her boss's work. In this episode Air Force folks came to get Dr. Jackson who was teaching what looked like college students. So when Sam and Dr. Jackson were @ SGC they were both nerdy and in awe of everything. Sorry I don't have the name or season of this episode.

Is it possible Adria gave me this in a dream, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Who Knows
    replied
    Dr. Jackson was in the original movie, played by James Spader.
    He was left behind at the end of the movie, and was 'retrieved' in children of the Gods, and played by Michael Shanks.
    There was no Samantha Carter in the movie. She started in Children of the Gods and met Danial Jackson on Abidos.

Leave a comment:

• Boxerdog
    replied
    I just finished watching season 10 now Comettv appears to be starting at the beginning.

Children of the Gods - this is the 1st of episodes after the original movie correct?

During Childern of the God's it looks like Sam comes aboard for the 1st time. I could have sworn I've RECENTLY seen another episode where both Sam and Dr. Jackson were introduced to SGC at the same time. At that time I think Sam was working at NASA. Dr. Jackson was teaching. Can you help me clarify this???

Actually another strange thing wasn't Dr. Jackson in the original movie?

Leave a comment:

• Platschu
    replied
    They killed that kidnapped soldier lady anyway after Amonet refused her as a host.

Leave a comment:

• Who Knows
    replied
    Originally posted by EvaWallE7744 View Post
    the missing female sergeant without her Earth and humanity would not have gone back out into the universe. She, therefore, becomes an important part of the origins of the franchise but
    1: we never hear her name spoken (at any time) and
    2: as soon as Jack, Daniel and Sam are captured they forget all about the sergeant that it was their whole mission to go and rescue. It is really obvious when you re-watch the episode because it goes completely against Jack's motto of never leave your people behind(which we know from A Matter of Time that Jack has from personal experiences in his own past that makes him believe this).
    OK, the female sergeant was Senior Airman Carol Weterings played by Canadian actress Rachael Heyward

Leave a comment:

• Darren
    replied
    What?

Is this a crossword puzzle, or a scavenger hunt?

For Stargate it's vaguely suggestive of the character of Kasuf, the leader of the Abydonians, whose son and daughter were taken by Apophis.

Leave a comment:

• blackreign
    replied
    I'm trying to find something. There was a man far away who often lay on Abydos. His children are gone but his memory lives on. ANy idea?

Leave a comment:

• Ragitsu
    replied
    Can you imagine if every other episode of SG-1 had featured an equivalent level of nudity?

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    I don't mind nudity in tv shows if it serves a point or if it is done tastefully (Stargate would go on to have more nudity from Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping but it was done in good taste). In Children of the Gods it felt unnecessary as the scenes would have worked just as well without it.
    While it was a Showtime thing at the time, I disagree with the notion it was unnecessary.

When I first watched Children of the Gods some eons ago (in 1998 or thereabouts), I didn't think that scene was problematic for any reason. It was just a part of the story. I had no idea Showtime wanted something more mature and quite frankly, I had no idea how prudish Americans can be about nudity and sex.

Anywho... I think it perfectly shows us that slaves were not seen as human beings. They were objects to be used and thereby inspected to the fullest of their existence. Amaunet didn't want a body she thought was imperfect, and it was clear she had no love for the sergeant but Sha're pleased her as a future host.

The scene doesn't strike me as anything but showing the vulnerability of Sha're in that moment. She's no longer a human being, but an object to be used and if necessary discarded.

But that's just how I see it...

The part of this episode that has always been a stickler for me is the stargate is only reopened (to Abydos and Chulak) in order to find, retrieve and bring home the missing female sergeant without her Earth and humanity would not have gone back out into the universe. She, therefore, becomes an important part of the origins of the franchise but
    2: as soon as Jack, Daniel and Sam are captured they forget all about the sergeant that it was their whole mission to go and rescue. It is really obvious when you re-watch the episode because it goes completely against Jack's motto of never leave your people behind(which we know from A Matter of Time that Jack has from personal experiences in his own past that makes him believe this).
    The problem is that they do leave people behind on a regular basis even... and it only became worse in later seasons. They had a rather disregard of other (service) men and women that weren't part of SG-1 or the flagship team of Atlantis.

Leave a comment:

• EvaWallE7744
    replied
    Children of the Gods is a really good pilot in my mind, it tied back to and really expanded on parts of the movie well (yes, there are some inconsistencies like the alien form of Ra/his species and the pronunciation and/or the spelling of some names) but it pulls the viewer in and makes you want to see more and know what happens next. I like the MacGyver joke it was very relevant for its time and it was not only a nod to Richard Dean Anderson but also to the large number of his fans who followed him and tuned in to watch Stargate SG-1. I wish that the show had followed the team to visit the home planets of some of the refugees-I think it would have been easy enough to "visit" one of the people they had saved say maybe one of the last people that they had sent home (there were a lot of people there and the most we saw taken from a planet was 2 so it likely took a few days) and had had some time to get to know. I don't mind nudity in tv shows if it serves a point or if it is done tastefully (Stargate would go on to have more nudity from Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping but it was done in good taste). In Children of the Gods it felt unnecessary as the scenes would have worked just as well without it. The part of this episode that has always been a stickler for me is the stargate is only reopened (to Abydos and Chulak) in order to find, retrieve and bring home the missing female sergeant without her Earth and humanity would not have gone back out into the universe. She, therefore, becomes an important part of the origins of the franchise but

Leave a comment:

• Xaeden
    replied
    It's possible that Apophis' Jaffa manually dialed the gate. There's a cut where our view shifts from Apophis in the gateroom to Air Force personnel running down a hallway. It's a common technique to use an interstitial like this to represent a larger passage of time. Meaning, however many seconds that hallway scene lasts may not be the actual time that passed between the previous Apophis scene where the gate was off and the next where there's an active wormhole. I've heard that the added bit in the Final Cut that Falcon Horus is referring to involved Apophis verbally ordering his Jaffa to dial the gate, but it doesn't clarify how it's done. I've never seen the Final Cut, though, so you may want to watch it yourself to confirm.

As to your second question, here's the explanation from "Red Sky" that Jelgate mentioned:
    CARTER
    I don't know, sir. Margin of error in calculating planetary shift used to cause the rough ride, but we fixed it.

It overtly refers to how they are no longer hurled from the gate upon exiting, but likely applies to why they don't emerge with frost on their faces as well.
    Last edited by Xaeden; October 21, 2020, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Possibly, It's just been so long since I watched this ep, or the "movie release" I could have forgotten.
    Red Sky was a good ep though.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    I think its vaguely mentioned in Red Sky why their is no icing effect

Leave a comment:

Working...
X