No announcement yet.

Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just started the pilot again! Omg I forgot that Gary Jones was in it!!! Haha, awesome. "The..umm Object, should reach final destination in.."

"What if the aliens get them?" "Well they could be blowing their noses with them right now."

That's where I am at

Comment

it all started with a tissue box
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

What's up with the part where Scara gets chosen by those weird Hawaiian lookin' goa'ulds to be there "kid" then all of a sudden he ends up as the son of Apophis? Maybe they're mothership was in an accident and Apophis was his godfather?

Comment

I like this episode for many easons...one of them is because here started all se SG-1 aventures.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sinX View Post
            What's up with the part where Scara gets chosen by those weird Hawaiian lookin' goa'ulds to be there "kid" then all of a sudden he ends up as the son of Apophis? Maybe they're mothership was in an accident and Apophis was his godfather?
            Um that never happened
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Um that never happened
              ya, it's the whole premiss for the title of the episode "Children of the Gods" Teal'c walks in the second time, right before he helps them escape, and he says in goa'uld something like "they come to choose the children of the gods" then two pairs of goa'ulds, which both appear to be below Apophis in stature, each pick a kid out of the prisoners, the second of which is skaara.

Comment

Just watched this for the first time...
                I've only ever watched SGA (which I love) so decided to try SG-1 out.
                Was quite cool, but I still prefer the shinyness of Atlantis at the moment
                Why was there a kid called (ma)scara?
                McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

If you're an Atlantis fan, it would be hard not to enjoy SG-1. I can't imagine watching Atlantis without having first seen SG-1. There are so many references to the original series it seems it would be difficult to keep up.

And Scara was a character from the original Stargate movie that carried over to the series. He bonded with Col. Jack O'Niel and later with Daniel Jackson when he opted to stay behind on the planet after the mission was complete.

Comment

Originally posted by sinX View Post
                    ya, it's the whole premiss for the title of the episode "Children of the Gods" Teal'c walks in the second time, right before he helps them escape, and he says in goa'uld something like "they come to choose the children of the gods" then two pairs of goa'ulds, which both appear to be below Apophis in stature, each pick a kid out of the prisoners, the second of which is skaara.
                    I always thought that those people had something to do with Apophis anyway ~ like part of his "clan". I admit it to being a plot-hole which I never really took much notice of before.

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
                    Just watched this for the first time...
                    I've only ever watched SGA (which I love) so decided to try SG-1 out.
                    Was quite cool, but I still prefer the shinyness of Atlantis at the moment
                    Why was there a kid called (ma)scara?
                    Wow! Welcome to SG1!
                    You're the 2nd person I've heard of recently who watched Atlantis & is just starting in on SG1.
                    With 10 seasons, it's quite an undertaking. I'm in the midst of re-watching it and feel a little overwhelmed at times. But I'm enjoying it immensely, almost as much as I did the first time around.

As kemo mentioned, Skaara was in the original film. I think the name is supposed to sound alien/Egyptian-ish and not like a cosmetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                      It's a bit of a shock if you aren't expecting it, I can tell you!
                      Yeah, no kidding. When that scene came up I was so completely shocked that it was a month or two before I watched any more SG-1. Really didn't need to see that.

Comment

the best pilot in the world, ever

Comment

I just watched this episode after many years and I thought that the monks that greeted SG-1 when they first arrived on Chulak looked a lot like the Ori. They kinda looked like early Ori before they got all powerful.

Who else has thought this?

Comment

Originally posted by hayythere View Post
                            I just watched this episode after many years and I thought that the monks that greeted SG-1 when they first arrived on Chulak looked a lot like the Ori. They kinda looked like early Ori before they got all powerful.

Who else has thought this?
                            it did cross my mind

Comment

Stargate SG-1 - HULU: Stargate SG1 Season 1 Now On HULU:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....65&postcount=1

Last edited by morjana; 18 March 2009, 04:53 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I'm finally getting to watch Stargate SG-1 all the way through thanks to borrowed DVDs + Hulu. I really enjoyed the pilot and am about 10 episodes into the series. I'm really stating to get attached to the characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X