No announcement yet.

Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well an underground Gateroom must be the interstellar equivilent of an airport lounge or a private airfield. I somehow doubt Teal'c got to know the place or the people too well first time around - he certainly did not know that they were the lengendary Tau'ri.

BUt yes, he was in that initial raiding party.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Just found out about the Rewatch yesterday, and I'm excited to get started! Like many others, I debated which version to watch, but decided to go with the original pilot since I watched the Final Cut more recently. I also like some of the cheeziness in the original that is taken out in the Final Cut (as others have mentioned). The cheeziness is part of the mythology of the show
      Spoiler:
      Sam's "reproductive organs" line was referenced in Moebius (as someone mentioned earlier), but it was also in '200.' A great milestone episode in Stargate history.

Comment

Originally posted by Noxbait View Post
        Agreed. I don't think there's any doubt that he loved her, no matter how exactly they ended up married!
        It seemed like she liked him equally in the movie.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
          It seemed like she liked him equally in the movie.
          Yes. I think they did a nice job of showing these 2 people getting shoved in a direction they didn't really choose, but then actually finding that they didn't really mind heading down that path anyway! I love how they connected over the language when she showed him the tunnels and the writing. I think that showed them they were both curious, searching people. Their love would only grow and mature over that year, but that doesn't mean they both weren't falling in love already.
          Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            Well an underground Gateroom must be the interstellar equivilent of an airport lounge .
            If it was an air port lounge, where was the duty free

Comment

Just watched it and here's a short review.
              Of course it's not the first time, so all I have to say is, I missed the beginning, when it all started. This brings back memories. Overall it still has that attracting thrill and causes adrenalin rush.

I'll be writing my full reviews for each episode in a separate thread. You are welcome to read them and I'm up for comments and discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumdidu View Post
                After a week now i have time to look the first episode of stargate sg1 (to much work in holidays ;( ).
                I love the scene as Carter is coming into the mission room and she asserted against O'Neil.
                Perhaps i dont unterstand, why they have only in the first epsiode frozen skin and i dont know why mr jackson has a allergic against gates .

The only epsiode in stargate sg1, where i have seen tits isn't right?
                The reason they have frozen skin in CotG is explained by Carter-"That's a result of the compression your molecules undergo during the millisecond required for reconstitution." SGC "fixed" the problem, so that's why it doesn't happen again. Daniel has allergies; we first see it in the movie. Daniel thinks that Gate travel may make his allergies worse, and we see even more sneezing going on in this season.

I like this forum because it helps me see details that I missed the 1st (2nd, 3rd) time around.

Comment

So I just started my own rewatch and finished Children of the Gods. Pretty good set up for the series, and actually invokes the feeling of an action movie more than anything. One of the huge pluses on initially being on a channel with no commercials. Jack and Carter butting heads initially was also something I'd forgotten about that was fun at the beginning of the episode, and the fact it seemed to pick up so well from the movie is also a plus for this episode.
                  Last edited by lostmonkey70; 13 October 2011, 08:05 PM.
                  http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

It's been a while since Ive been on this website, so I was pleasantly surprised to hear about the rewatch. After browsing the forums, I felt that commenting on my favorite episodes was a great way to interact with fellow watchers. I have always been one of those "behind the scenes" readers and felt that it was time to man up and give my opinion

I have watched SG-1 on Sy-Fy repeatedly since it was first syndicated. Up until reading the thread I never knew that Children of the Gods has deleted scenes. It was definitely a welcome surprise and I was very excited to see what I had missed out on for so long. It has also convinced me that I will have to beg repeatedly to get the box set as a christmas present this year.

now onto my thoughts:
                    *I always believed CotG to be a great pilot episode. It gave great introduction to not only new characters, but to those returning from the Stargate movie.
                    *While Ive read that not many seem to like Carter's "I am woman, hear me roar" speech, I think it was hilarious. It also showed a vulnerability and insecurity when facing these big shot, veteran boys. She felt she had to prove not only to them, but herself that she could handle anything they could.
                    *I loved the introduction of Teal'c and his obvious discontent with the norm. He has many points in which you can see that he is no longer happy doing Apophis's bidding. SG-1s technology and Jack's plea was the final push he needed.

Overall, this was a great introduction with quotable lines and well worked character introduction. We can also turn a blind eye to the many wardrobe errors, as it was their early work without an AF consultant.

okay, think Im all talked out now

Comment

Originally posted by Nut_ty View Post
                      The reason they have frozen skin in CotG is explained by Carter-"That's a result of the compression your molecules undergo during the millisecond required for reconstitution." SGC "fixed" the problem, so that's why it doesn't happen again. Daniel has allergies; we first see it in the movie. Daniel thinks that Gate travel may make his allergies worse, and we see even more sneezing going on in this season.

I like this forum because it helps me see details that I missed the 1st (2nd, 3rd) time around.
                      They do also mention in a later episode that Daniel is on antihistamines for his allergies... which I guess is why he stopped sneezing so much from all the travelling...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I always wondered (it was probably for time constraints) why they took out the scenes where all of the women were in the room waiting to be chosen by Teal'c to take to Apophis in syndication. When I rewatched it seemed rushed without those scenes and the one scene where Amaunet took Sha're (I think they could have reasonably edited out the nudity and still showed the scene) as her host. The reason that I liked those scenes even if they were a little insignificant is because it showed just how many women Apophis kidnapped (and how beautiful they were). I don't know why but I also think the scene where they showed Teal'c pick Share when she was sitting in the chair with her back turned ( I think she was the only one with her back turned at the time) was kind of insightful. It's like she knew that she would be taken and part of this could have been because of what Apophis said to her when she was first kidnapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                          I understand that, what I meant was when Teal'c went into the harem room, and did the choosing. Why chose those two from all the rest.
                          I was always under the impression that maybe he did choose other women, but we didn't get to see her reject them. We don't really know how long Apophis had been searching for a host for Amaunet and I figured they only showed the two from the harem room to show us what he was searching for. The woman from earth and Sha're, both of whom we had seen before instead of some random girl/woman. I was trying to find a post where someone commented about Gao'uld taking teenagers as hosts. This is more open for fandom but there were some younger teenaged deities or children of deities that existed in mythology that the Gao'uld could also have modeled themselves after. This makes me wonder

Spoiler:
                          if Klorel had a personal enemy rival similar to the relationship Apophis seemed to have with Her'ur, I think it would have been interesting. I do find it kind of hard to believe that Klorel (and Ra) would be the only two Goa'ulds that took or were given teenaged hosts.
                          I finally figured out the spoiler tabs. Now posting will be even more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Reseph(Shed) View Post
                            I was always under the impression that maybe he did choose other women, but we didn't get to see her reject them. We don't really know how long Apophis had been searching for a host for Amaunet and I figured they only showed the two from the harem room to show us what he was searching for. The woman from earth and Sha're, both of whom we had seen before instead of some random girl/woman. I was trying to find a post where someone commented about Gao'uld taking teenagers as hosts. This is more open for fandom but there were some younger teenaged deities or children of deities that existed in mythology that the Gao'uld could also have modeled themselves after. This makes me wonder

Spoiler:
                            if Klorel had a personal enemy rival similar to the relationship Apophis seemed to have with Her'ur, I think it would have been interesting. I do find it kind of hard to believe that Klorel (and Ra) would be the only two Goa'ulds that took or were given teenaged hosts.
                            I finally figured out the spoiler tabs. Now posting will be even more fun.
                            I was under the same impression. It was clear through the whole episode that he wasn't happy about his duties for the Goa'uld. I think it was mentioned in a few eps (Threshold and Cor-Ai as examples) that Teal'c found it hard to deal with.

As to why he chose those particular two... Apart from randomly choosing, I think he may have chosen them based on what Apophis had said about them...

Comment

Apophis said something to the Jaffa in his language and then it skips to an other scene, so they could have done it manually in the mean time before Hammond and the others came in to the room. Btw, it's the second best movie i've ever seen ( Stargate 1994 is 1. )
                              Really like the style of the movie and the plot.

Comment

Hi Im a Stargate fan from Norway .

I havent been here since 2009 and now its time to watch SG1 from the start again.

I have downloaded every episode , all three series SG1 SGA and SGU , so Im looking forward to watch every episode from start to finish.

I started yesterday by watching Stargate the movie , and I almost forgot how good it was.

Children of the Gods, what can I say , the best pilot episode ever?
                                I think this was made back in 1998 , who needs special effects when you have so good actors , the setting is perfect for all the action and drama.

Season 1 to 3 imo , was the best Stargate episodes ever made .

Rating 10/10

Comment

Working...
                                X