No announcement yet.

Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the original version with all the flaws intact. In that matter its any regular pilot. Pilots tend to be rough due to introducing the characters and story. While the movie helps with this obstacle the pilot struggles to give a story with all the exposition.

I forget Jack was less of a joker in the early years and the Jaffa were actually threating to fight. I would have liked more of COTG Hammond then we got later on. I always liked how he and Jack disagree about actions but at the same time he has a big heart. Sometimes I think he was underused but he really shines more then SG1 in the pilot.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I watched the final cut and noticed that they used the graphics of going through the gate from the later seasons. I didn't like the fact that they kept on mentioning things from the 1994 movie. I forgot how distraught Teal'c looked when he told Jack he had nowhere to go. But in all I have to say it was a pretty good start off to the series.
      My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
        taking out Sam's cringe-worthy line about reproductive organs was brilliant.
        Hi from a newbie!

I think they should have left the line in, especially as they referenced in the season 8 finale Moebius. I won't say which part due to spoilers and I don't know how to hide part of the post!

Comment

I watched the original version - personally, I didn't rate the Final Cut version quite enough to warrant using it as the starting point for the rewatch. Clunky but enjoyable. Not the ideal start, and I remember the first time I watched it I wasn't immediately sold on the series. Glad I persisted though!
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by kandw152 View Post
            Hi from a newbie!

I think they should have left the line in, especially as they referenced in the season 8 finale Moebius. I won't say which part due to spoilers and I don't know how to hide part of the post!
            To hide part of a post, just put the text you want to hide inside spoiler tags like this:

[ spoiler ] Spoiler-y text in here [ /spoiler ]

Take out the spaces inside the brackets, and you get this:

Spoiler:
            Spoiler-y text in here

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mcbrndjms View Post
                rewatching it- I watched the origional cause the director's cut is just so different and I like all the awkward lines(they make me chuckle)-I found this line I'd completely forgotten.

Sam's asking how Daniel married Shari.
                Jack: "She was a gift"
                Daniel: "from the villige elders"
                Sam: "And you excepted" I just really like the look on AT's face
                I loved that exchange. Would have loved to hear what Daniel had to say for himself
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  Gah, just noticed I used the wrong symbol but obviously that should have been <2009. Anyway, I've mentioned my box set here, fourth post on the page.

I can't give you an answer as to why they put the re-cut version in it opposed to the original pilot. It's supposed to be a complete box set so perhaps they feel the re-cut version is better than the pilot or just think that it sounds better to say ten seasons plus three movies instead of ten seasons (and original pilot) plus two movies? I wish I knew why and I wish I could get the original pilot here, but it's just not possible.
                  Didn't have time to read the whole thread when I responded to you originally. I was just saying that I bought my DVDs very recently and it came with the original pilot. You're in Europe right? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    Didn't have time to read the whole thread when I responded to you originally. I was just saying that I bought my DVDs very recently and it came with the original pilot. You're in Europe right? Maybe that has something to do with it.
                    Yes, I am. Mine has a "copyright 2010 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc" mention, so obviously the box set is from 2010 or 2011. Is yours that recent as well or did you just buy it recently? Because there aren't any older sets available here, unless perhaps the per season set, but season one doesn't include the pilot for some reason and since I was told the original pilot wasn't being produced anymore, it's possible that it's just for lack of availability. Maybe there are still some original pilot DVDs out there, just not available for stores in my country.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      Yes, I am. Mine has a "copyright 2010 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc" mention, so obviously the box set is from 2010 or 2011. Is yours that recent as well or did you just buy it recently? Because there aren't any older sets available here, unless perhaps the per season set, but season one doesn't include the pilot for some reason and since I was told the original pilot wasn't being produced anymore, it's possible that it's just for lack of availability. Maybe there are still some original pilot DVDs out there, just not available for stores in my country.
                      Well I purchased my set in 2010, but I did get a good price for it. Maybe they were clearing out old stock and all the new sets have replaced the original pilot with the recut. If that's the case then I'm really glad I bought the one I did at that time because I would be really disappointed to only own the recut. It just removed too many character beats I enjoy.

Comment

Was Major Kawalsky suppose to been part of SG-1 or was he supposed to be still heading SG-2 cause from the way Hammond was suggesting, Kawalsky was supposed to have been the third member before Daniel "Requested" to be on SG-1?

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                          I loved that exchange. Would have loved to hear what Daniel had to say for himself
                          Being he not only grew to love her, but almost killed himself several times trying to regain her back from the Gou'ald, i would say he has aqquited himself for 'accepting' a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Being he not only grew to love her, but almost killed himself several times trying to regain her back from the Gou'ald, i would say he has aqquited himself for 'accepting' a gift.
                            Agreed. I don't think there's any doubt that he loved her, no matter how exactly they ended up married!
                            Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Noxbait View Post
                              Agreed. I don't think there's any doubt that he loved her, no matter how exactly they ended up married!
                              Absolutely! In fact, I think she was Daniel's one true love and I could never see him with anyone else.

Comment

Hi from a Newbie...

Started re-watching SG1 again today. I think I have seen the series through completely at least 6 times and am still amazed at how much I missed!

Just a question...Is it ever mentioned in any other episodes that it was Teal'c that took Shar'ae (sp?) and the Sergeant from the gate room in Children of the Gods? From memory Teal'c acts in future episodes like he had never been to earth
                                It's my sidearm, I swear!

Comment

Working...
                                X