Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Ra used a teenager as a host
    They mentioned on the movie commentary that they actually had a child play the abductee, apparently the footage with his back turned toward us is the child actor.....they later decided to use Jaye Davidson for that footage instead but, being the practical sorts, they kept in the portions where you couldn't see Jaye's face.

So from Devlin and Emmerich's perspective you could take humans at a fairly young age and possess them, the body would still age but at a remarkably slower rate thanks to their technology.
    sigpic

Comment

Just finished CotG. Awesome start to the show! I didn't start watching the show until the 7th season. It's nice being able to talk about the episodes with other people. I love tv shows because of how the actors/characters evolve. It's interesting to see what changes they go through. Carter and Hammond came off a bit *****y at first lol. But I still love Carters lines about her reproductive organs and arm wrestling Jack . Stargate is among my top 3 sci fi tv shows of all time.

On a side note: I absolutely swore up and down that I would never wear a costume to a convention. My love for SG-1 is so great that the first time I gave in to a wearing a costume was the OD offworld uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth kat View Post
        Just finished CotG. Awesome start to the show! I didn't start watching the show until the 7th season. It's nice being able to talk about the episodes with other people. I love tv shows because of how the actors/characters evolve. It's interesting to see what changes they go through. Carter and Hammond came off a bit *****y at first lol. But I still love Carters lines about her reproductive organs and arm wrestling Jack . Stargate is among my top 3 sci fi tv shows of all time.
        Arm wrestling was a goody. Agree that Hammond was way over on the 'I'm The Man Around Here and Don't You Forget It' mode.

On a side note: I absolutely swore up and down that I would never wear a costume to a convention. My love for SG-1 is so great that the first time I gave in to a wearing a costume was the OD offworld uniform.
        Heehee! You are one of the Tau'ri now, and there's no turning back!
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Ra used a teenager as a host
          That's in the movie and is not canon. Besides, Jaye Davidson was actually 27 in 1995.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
            Oh, come on, in some parts of the world Macgyver was as legendary as Chuck Norris

Sorry Chuck, I didn't mean that
            I know, one of my RL mates was a big McGyvver fan but it just never came on my radar as a kid.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
              Ok. Starting my ReWatch a day later than planned. Major glitch? My dvd player stopped working! AAGH! Thank goodness it wasn't the Stargate disc.

Well, that's what computers are for. So.

Haven't seen the original tv version since I watched the new hi-def-falutin' stand alone version. Got an instant thrill of expectation as the camera's overhead view pulls in on the poker game.

Always wondered why the lone female of the group was the only one to feel the strangeness in the air. If the others were so used to the place, why didn't they? Maybe she had a premonition.

And I don't think I've seen any SGC personnel so stymied that they froze in action the way these guys did. The one who initiated the red alert finally got back to it later than he should have. Even if the gate was inactive for a long period, it seems some kind of protocol would be in place if it activated. The soldiers here lost precious minutes gawking at the wormhole until they were threatened. Then again, what kind of briefing would have prepared them, eh?

Minor stuff. Still a powerful opening, especially for those who'd seen the movie. I was hooked then, and still am.

Well, on with the showing...

Edit: Oops. Just rewound and heard that they didn't know what was under the tarp; according to the female soldier!
              1. I think the older hands were just being complacent.

2. Jack's official report had said that the Stargate on Abydos was destroyed and as far as the USAF knew going into COTG, Abydos was the only place the Gate went to. Hence a briefing was seen as a waste of time. More complacency.
              Last edited by Matt G; 03 August 2011, 03:25 AM. Reason: Expansion
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Currently watching CotG again, its my first time seeing it since I started watching the show. It is a fantastic start to the series and I love the McGyver line, though I did not notice it the first time round, I only picked up on it from the recent comments.
                At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
                  Heehee! You are one of the Tau'ri now, and there's no turning back!
                  Well, I'll be wearing my costume again this year! I'm thinking about doing the black offworld uniform next.

Comment

Wrapped up COTG Final Cut, about to head on to The Enemy Within.

I have to say that I'm a bit underwhelmed with the Final Cut....yeah, they took out the groan-worthy nude scene and Sam's unfortunate dialogue....but other than that there aren't that many improvements, just some omissions and some shifting around.

For instance, several bits of dialogue were cut from O'Neill's first meeting with General Hammond. Big scheme of things it didn't change that much, but I felt that that first encounter summed up everything about Hammond and any bit of tinkering around with it just irks me.

Sure, seeing them at odds with one another was odd and it was kind of surprising that on the first day they met Hammond for all intents and purposes chucked O'Neill into the brig.......I guess that I don't see how cutting the dialogue helped move things along.

When they were in the General's office, Hammond tells O'Neill that he's about to retire, maybe thinking about writing a book. So right off the bat we know that Hammond is considering ending his career, what convinced him to come back? That's something I thought about as we saw that, year after year, Hammond kept putting off writing that book. It said volumes about how important he considered the Stargate program and how much leading SGC meant to him.

Jack replies that if he DID write a book he'd have to kill anyone that actually read it. Again, not that big of a deal but it was a nice, quick way to let viewers know that this O'Neill isn't as stuffy as the O'Neil from the motion picture.

I can see getting rid of the groan-inducing stuff....but why cut little character beats like this? Is it really that important to shave as many seconds as possible?
                    sigpic

Comment

It's cut out because it's terrible dialogue! It always bothered me, it sounded forced and unnatural and the episode is much better without it.
                      Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

The purist in me refuses to watch the final cut
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Do it, it's better I got a strange pleasure out of seeing the previously dodgy/clunky moments throughout it repaired.
                          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                            Do it, it's better I got a strange pleasure out of seeing the previously dodgy/clunky moments throughout it repaired.
                            But those so called dodgy moments are part of the metamorphosis that took place as the series went on. I don't want to lose that with a .......remake
                            no means no, and so does pepper spray
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

I never saw CotG when it originally aired, I only saw the repeats when Sky started doing their 'Run the show from start to finish. Repeat until fans stop watching' (This is ongoing. Thankfully ) Every time they showed CotG, they showed it as 2 eps, and cut down. They cut out the nude scene (of course - it was on at 5pm!) and they cut out the scenes showing Daniel staying at Jack's house when they first got back from Abydos. I never knew those scenes existed till I started hanging out here! Even watching the original version of CotG is a little weird for me, never mind the new version!

Comment

I watched it still loved it the orignal one don't plan on watching the recut
                                sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X