Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dstruct2k View Post
    I just started rewatching SG-1, and I think I've spotted a familiar (and unexpected) face. I can't find any reference to him in the credits though.

I'm talking about the soldier manning the turret at 18m 55s. Does anyone else think this might be a young David Blue (Eli Wallace)?

[Screencap]

Hi! according to the Internet Movie Data Base (imdb.com), it's not. I couldn't get the screencap to open to look for myself. Hope that helps! Welcome to the forum, by the way!
    Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Being this was what, 14 yrs ago, i doubt it was Blue as he would have been in his early teens..

Comment

I was thinking the same thing when I watched it. Whoever it is looks just like him for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dstruct2k View Post
          I just started rewatching SG-1, and I think I've spotted a familiar (and unexpected) face. I can't find any reference to him in the credits though.

I'm talking about the soldier manning the turret at 18m 55s. Does anyone else think this might be a young David Blue (Eli Wallace)?

[http://i51.tinypic.com/5yyb11.png]Screencap
          There is a slight resemblance, but it isn't him. David would have been 16 at the time of CotG (he was born in 1982), and since this guy is portraying an airman and looks to be at least in his 20's, it just isn't him.

Plus, non-speaking parts are rarely listed in the credits anyway.

Comment

He wouldn't even have been that old, would he? Being born in '82?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
            sigpic
            now also appearing on DeviantArt
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Okay. He'd have been 15 in 1997 when CotG was filmed and aired.

Comment

Which would be way too young for that screen cap's age of the trooper..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Which would be way too young for that screen cap's age of the trooper..
                  Yep, no way that was him. Definitely a resemblance though.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maybe an older sibling..??

Comment

It is creepy, they do look a lot a like. prob not related at all, the helmet and shadowing may just give that appearance.

Any way starting my rewatch early, as I do this about once a year anyway. Not a huge fan of the first episode really. I mean it is like any other pilot for a tv show that last 10 years. it was bound to have plot holes and other things that just don't mess with the show on a whole.

In saying that though I love seeing where the characters came from, to what they become. Even teal'c changes a little. But for me true stargate starts at episode 3. The first real mission if you ask me. Not going to get into all the loop holes and future changes in star gate lure.

But what good scifi doesn't have plot holes.

Comment

Hey boys, just two days for the rewatch for this episode... I had see it in french, english and spanish (even if in french and english I need to stop every minute to translate some words...)
                        This time, I'd try to be observed, not worry for not undertand all, 'cause I'll see all the serie in english for the Rewatch, but really, I know the episode by heart!!!
                        So monday, I hope see all of you posting and commenting and discussing this episode
                        See you!!
                        You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body
                        C.S. Lewis

Comment

going to go and get season 1 today. Ill be ready for tomorrow. I just finished with my own rewatch, its ok though, I dont mind watching it all over again

Comment

My mum has been watching sg from the last month and she is crazy about it We watch it together every day and because of the rewatch we r starting from the beginning and we cant wait for tomorrow

Comment

Started the rewatch early last nite with CotG. After just finishing rewatching the series in may and having watch the first ep it was refreshing to see how all the characters were so "green" in their experience to what they all become by the end of the series.

I thought the pilot ep was good. It started off where the movie ended and had all the action and character introductions as a pilot should. CotG is the beginning of an awesome adventure we all came to know and love as Stargate SG-1.

"for cryin out loud" let the fun begin....

rate 9/10 one of the best

Comment

Starting my rewatch right now!

Comment

Working...
                                X