Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Here's another question I've just thought of while watching the first scene of Children of the Gods for the *cough*100th time...

Why was ther a ramp already set up? I mean, as far as they were concerned, it was just an obscure piece of something they were guarding...it seems odd that there'd already be a ramp in place when Apophis and friends come through the first time...

I'm just sayin'...
    I think it's because the gate is pretty big and heavy and if you'll notice, there's nothing holding it in place. The ramp must have been placed there to do just that or it would fall over.

Comment

They did not show him use the hand device nor see them manually dial.

Comment

Also another apparent mistake that I brought up recently ( and sorry started another thread called "Did they ever explain this mistake" before looking properly through the boards to find the right place to post it) was that in CotG Skaara was apparently picked by a completely separate Goa'uld couple and yet he later turns up as Apophis son.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
          Because if Apophis's first intro to the show was him falling out of a wormhole followed by an avalanche of very suprised Jaffa [], the audience would have a very hard time taking him seriously for a single show, let alone multiple seasons.
          But wouldn't that have made a great scene in a spoof, or bloopers reel?! Or even now, if they did that in one of the episodes one...like if it were to happen to Landry when he goes through the gate for the first time!
          Steve Coleman

Ok. Well I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound
          Nothing comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
            LOL, I saw SHA'RE's muff and boobies. Poor daniel. I would hate if everyone saw my wife nude.
            Bet you Sha're hated it more.

Comment

HAMMOND: That's our insurance against any more surprises. (as the iris slides back) It's pure titanium - hopefully impenetrable.
              I just hope if the iris does catch fire, they don't use water one it. A building was on fire and it had titanium that caught fire, according to the radio. The firemen didn't want to use water on it because of the it's reaction to the water and they just let it burn itself out.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                Bet you Sha're hated it more.
                lol!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

I first saw this episode about a year ago. I hadn't seen the Stargate movie in years, but I was pretty impressed with how easily the basic ideas of the movie were shifted into something that made sense as a weekly show.

Having more recently seen the movie it's now pretty obvious where they had to fiddle with some things, like making all gates use the same symbols rather than the constellations of each planet. Of course it wouldn't be feasible to have to do some hardcore astronomy on each trip to get back to Earth. Or having Abydos go from being in another galaxy altogether, to being the closest planet with a stargate. Or O'Neil to O'Neill?

Surprisingly, in a show where we're presented parasitic snakes as rulers of the galaxy, it was much simpler stuff which hurt the suspension of disbelief a bit. It seemed like it took no time at all for them to get the SGC up and running, complete with specially designed logos designed and plastered on the wall, along with individual team patches being created and applied to the uniforms. Or the iris pretty much coming out of thin air. Understandable that they wanted it all to be in the pilot, though, and also very similar to things which quickly came into existence in Stargate Atlantis.

If there's something that makes me cringe about the episode... that awkward reproductive organs line. >_<

Originally posted by Ap-uat
                  I´m ok with the explanation, but that doesn´t explain why the freezing doesn´t occur in later episodes. Maybe that doesn´t happen if a person "gets used to" travelling through the gate? Does anyone have an explanation for that?
                  They probably just decided that as a minor thing it was more trouble than it was worth, and phased it out. I'm reminded of the Back to the Future movies; when you see time travel in the first the car is frozen on the outside, but this stops happening in the sequels.

Comment

I actually didn't see this episode, until I'd watched quite alot of other seasons as I kept missing it in syndication. I thought it was a great way to start a series and although it has some dodgy moments (You can't blame them though as it's only a pilot ) Overall it was a good ep

Comment

Just finished watching this ep. One question: was this FULL FRONTAL NUDITY really necessary?

Comment

The writers obviously thought so
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                          Just finished watching this ep. One question: was this FULL FRONTAL NUDITY really necessary?
                          When the show was first aired, it was aired on Showtime, a movie channel in the US, that show mostly movies so it was okay. When it moved to Scifi, they usually edit that scene out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope

i most have missed this what was this full frontal nudity?
                            My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

It's on the DVD. I'm not sure if they show it on the Televison

Comment

in england the first one is rated 18 it looks strange th rest of my colection is 12 or pg then 18 nudeity dosnt bother me but i still dont see the point
                                Alt+F4 is a Magical key!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X