Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    I think it has more to do with Sergeant Ketterings being the only female in the gate room and the humans attacking Apophis and his Jaffa. As for Sha're, I'm not sure how many young women were present in the temple (?) at Abydos when they came through the gate. But in the original pilot you have the harem scene and it looks like they just visited a few dozen planets and took one (or maybe more) young and attractive females with them in the hopes one could serve as host for Apophis' queen, Amaunet.
    I understand that, what I meant was when Teal'c went into the harem room, and did the choosing. Why chose those two from all the rest.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

I always thought he chose ones most likely to please the queen and Apophis.
      We saw how easily Apophis killed the one from Earth and that Teal'c was quite angry about it (as much as you can see anything from his facial expressions). Maybe he thought he could prevent needless death by picking the right one right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
        Got some questions that I wondered about.
        Was there a reason why Teal'c picked the Earth Girl and Share (besides the fact that it continues the story)
        Since Teal'c thought that nothing of the host survives, was it his way of protecting Apophis from learning more about the Earth? Since all memory would be lost when they became host ? I am sure that he didn't know that the symbiote could access memory.
        Since Tealc had seen the advance weapons from Earth and Abydos and knew that if Apophis wanted more info, it would have come from the Sargent and Share?
        Just a thought that came to mind when I rewatched it.
        In the gateroom, the female Sgt. was right at the event horizon when Teal'c came through, so he grabbed her immediately. It was only after that he noticed the rest of the SGC personnel were men. It's doubtful they would have gone beyond the gateroom at that point to look for more, since there were really so few of them with Apophis. They could have done some serious damage had they done so, but it's unlikely they would have lived to go back through the gate.

As for Abydos, I don't recall how many "young, attractive" females were in the room with the gate (must go back and watch again). They weren't expecting any resistance when they came through there, so had there not been any resistance, they likely would have continued looking at least for awhile. However, since Shau're was available and pretty and young, they grabbed her. As to why they grabbed Skarra, that's harder to say, since it does seem a bit odd to take an older (even though a young man) person to be a child of the gods.

Comment

Originally posted by another scientist View Post
          I always thought he chose ones most likely to please the queen and Apophis.
          We saw how easily Apophis killed the one from Earth and that Teal'c was quite angry about it (as much as you can see anything from his facial expressions). Maybe he thought he could prevent needless death by picking the right one right away.
          Thanks for understanding my question.
          That could possibly have been the reason he chose them.
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

I think it has more to do with Sergeant Ketterings being the only female in the gate room and the humans attacking Apophis and his Jaffa. As for Sha're, I'm not sure how many young women were present in the temple (?) at Abydos when they came through the gate. But in the original pilot you have the harem scene and it looks like they just visited a few dozen planets and took one (or maybe more) young and attractive females with them in the hopes one could serve as host for Apophis' queen, Amaunet.
            Sha're was captured when she tried to run to Skaara. The other women stayed out of sight until the fighting ended and Apophus and his crew went back through the gate. I think Apophus retreated because, like his ambush through to earth, he had a limited contingent and faced formidable resistance. Capturing Ketterings was probably a bonus, but Sha're was more likely an object of Apophus' search for his queen's host. IMO
            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
            sigpic
            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Aww, I love CotG, cheesiness and all! I still cringe at the reproductive organs line, but it makes me smile too. The references in late eps make me smile even more. I haven't see the new version yet...to be honest, i like the ep the way it is! But I'm interested to see what they've done with it...though by the sounds of it, they've taken out a lot of good stuff, as well as bad. Mostly I want to hear the commentary!

Rewatching it today, I'm wondering - at the very start, before Teal'c even comes through the gate in the SGC, a probe comes through that scans the female sergeant...do we ever see that again?

Comment

Whew, finished my first SG Rewatch episode!!

Ok, so I was still impressed after all this time. Some things do jump out at me anew. To wit:
                • The camera snaking up and down and zooming in on Hammond as he watches intruders go through the gate and the wormhole dissipates.
                • Hammond's expression of astonishment at above scene.
                • Music.
                • Noticed that Sam's repartee with Jack really didn't need the 'reproductive organs' line; she'd defended herself quite well up to that point. But then Jack said his famous 'I like women' right after, so in the newer CoTG it seems superfluous when she doesn't say it. Amazed at how tolerant the guest generals are at this crossing of swords; they almost seemed to be enjoying it as much as Kawalsky and Ferretti!
                • Apophus is like a weird, twisted version of an expectant father as he paces around the potential host and the choosy queen symbiote. Yes, that thought sent my brain to quivering, too. Eck.
                • Sha're's screams on being possessed - wow and very chilling.
                • I think Teal'c had to choose Ketterings and Sha're because Apophus was already attracted to them. I wondered, too, why of all those women already sitting around the harem, Teal'c picked the two most recent ones.

As most pilots go, I thought this was very close to cinematic in its original form. Maybe that had to do with it's debut on a big named cable channel. I loved the movie itself so I was definitely inclined to watch the series. It paid off.

Only wish whoever I lent my remastered CoTG's disc to would GIVE IT BACK! Gollies, people, it's like lending out your favorite book - you know you'll never see it again. Bah.

Rated: 4/5
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc View Post
                  Aww, I love CotG, cheesiness and all! I still cringe at the reproductive organs line, but it makes me smile too. The references in late eps make me smile even more. I haven't see the new version yet...to be honest, i like the ep the way it is! But I'm interested to see what they've done with it...though by the sounds of it, they've taken out a lot of good stuff, as well as bad. Mostly I want to hear the commentary!

Rewatching it today, I'm wondering - at the very start, before Teal'c even comes through the gate in the SGC, a probe comes through that scans the female sergeant...do we ever see that again?
                  That's interesting. The globe we usually see being thrown is some kind of percussion bomb. This one looks slightly larger but basically the same. Funny that I forgot about the scanning; when it came through my mind was already seeing the gateroom staff knocked out! Yep, it's been a while since I watched the pilot!

But no, I don't recall that they ever used the scanning part again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
                    That's interesting. The globe we usually see being thrown is some kind of percussion bomb. This one looks slightly larger but basically the same. Funny that I forgot about the scanning; when it came through my mind was already seeing the gateroom staff knocked out! Yep, it's been a while since I watched the pilot!

But no, I don't recall that they ever used the scanning part again.
                    Yup, that's what I was expecting too!! And then it went and scanned her I went 'ooh, that's different!'

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc View Post
                      I want to answer "indeed" but I'm not 100% sure and I can't give you an episode where we did see it, but for some reason (perhaps overactive imagination) I think it is seen somewhere again. (i'm probably wrong).
                      Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        As to why they grabbed Skarra, that's harder to say, since it does seem a bit odd to take an older (even though a young man) person to be a child of the gods.
                        I would think a Goa'uld wouldn't want a child/teenager to be his host. After all, they seem to care about their appearances. Well, some don't but the earlier ones do

Originally posted by Noxbait View Post
                        I want to answer "indeed" but I'm not 100% sure and I can't give you an episode where we did see it, but for some reason (perhaps overactive imagination) I think it is seen somewhere again. (i'm probably wrong).
                        I'm not entirely sure but I thought RDA and BW mentioned it in the commentary of the Final Cut.

*checks*

Yes, here it is:

Spoiler:
                        RDA: He's about to come through, is that what you're saying?

BW: Yeah, uh, he and his ne'er do wells, well, and this ball…

RDA: And there he is…

(On screen, the ball scans the woman)

BW: No, that's the, the… I don't know what this is, we never did this again, but you know, it's kind of cool.

RDA thought Apophis was going to come through the gate but we first saw the ball. Then they started talking about visual effects for the puddle etc.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I would think a Goa'uld wouldn't want a child/teenager to be his host. After all, they seem to care about their appearances. Well, some don't but the earlier ones do

I'm not entirely sure but I thought RDA and BW mentioned it in the commentary of the Final Cut.

*checks*

Yes, here it is:

Spoiler:

BW: No, that's the, the… I don't know what this is, we never did this again, but you know, it's kind of cool.

RDA thought Apophis was going to come through the gate but we first saw the ball. Then they started talking about visual effects for the puddle etc.
                          Ra used a teenager as a host
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                            I didn't know who McGuyvver was even back in the late 90s.
                            I never watched McGyver, but I knew who he was, and I've been known to use his name as a verb, just like Sam did. I think the reference should have stayed in.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                            sigpic
                            now also appearing on DeviantArt
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

They seem to like or choose strong, healthy and good looking. Apophis checked them before they were taken through the Stargate, but if you go by COTG, it was the symbiote that actually chose the host. However, in this case Apophis seemed to give Klorel a limited choice (even though it was awesome).

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

*checks*

Yes, here it is:

Spoiler:

Ah, cool, thank you! Question asked and answered! It is kinda cool! And it makes sense that they would use it, sort of a goa'uld version of a MALP...?

Comment

Working...
                                X