Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OK, I'm officially re-watching all of SG-1 for the first time (meaning 2nd time.. uh...)
    I also created a group for anyone who wants to stop by and say "hi"!! SG-1 Re-Watch
    http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php?groupid=127

    Anyway, not sure if I'll do this type of post for each one, but I jotted down some notes as I watched. It's kinda out of context if you aren't following the episode along maybe? Who knows... anyway, here we go with random notes peppered with Jack-isms.

    Many have remarked how gunfire had such little effect on the Jaffa compared with later seasons. I was recalling this comment when they took out two Jaffa in the early gate scene. Then we see *gasp* Evil!Teal’c. Poor bad boy is on the wrong side. What I want to know, and what I think is more glaring, is when did they abandon the head-piece get-ups?

    Awe... Don S. Davis... *is sad*

    Wait a second... how did Apophis get the gate dialed back up? They don’t have a DHD and I doubt he took the time to haul Walter’s butt to the control room. Did I miss something? (BTW, Walter looks incredibly geeky when we finally see him in that horrible short-sleeved uniform thing)

    OK, here we go. The opening credits. The music gave me goosebumps!

    SGC Doctor: “They’re not human.”
    Jack: “Ya think?”

    Jack: “Yea, his eyes glowed. That was our first clue.”*gigglesnort*


    Jack: “Ah come on Samuels, let me be the cynic around here, ok?”

    Yea!!! Sam!!! OMG she looks like a teenager. And her eagerness and bravado makes me cringe. And what is with the flirting & innuendoes with your superior officer during a briefing? WTF?

    Jack: “Oh I adore you already Captain”

    In addition to the whole Jaffa-diva-crowns, I’ll have to look out for the point in which they stopped coming out of the gate like popsicles. Classic MacGyver comment by Sam - nice.

    Daniel!!! Yea! He was only falsely reported dead this time. Dude, what’s with your hair? And those glasses? Jack & Daniel talk about Charlie? Why did I forget this?

    Going to the Chulak (I had forgotten it was Chulak until the monk with the lizard-hood said it) they take this luggage-carrier-ATV thing. Kind of like a mule. It’s name is Fred. I like Fred. I think I’m going to name my scooter Fred.

    Jack: “Oh for cryin’ out loud.” Woot! He said that in the very first episode - ha!

    Large pic of Don S. Davis: (spoil'd due to size)
    Spoiler:

    Last edited by Pic; July 4, 2008, 09:25 AM. Reason: added note about SG-1 Re-Watch group

    Comment


      Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
      OK, I'm officially re-watching all of SG-1 for the first time (meaning 2nd time.. uh...)
      I also created a group for anyone who wants to stop by and say "hi"!! SG-1 Re-Watch
      http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php?groupid=127

      Anyway, not sure if I'll do this type of post for each one, but I jotted down some notes as I watched. It's kinda out of context if you aren't following the episode along maybe? Who knows... anyway, here we go with random notes peppered with Jack-isms.

      Many have remarked how gunfire had such little effect on the Jaffa compared with later seasons. I was recalling this comment when they took out two Jaffa in the early gate scene. Then we see *gasp* Evil!Teal’c. Poor bad boy is on the wrong side. What I want to know, and what I think is more glaring, is when did they abandon the head-piece get-ups?

      Awe... Don S. Davis... *is sad*

      Wait a second... how did Apophis get the gate dialed back up? They don’t have a DHD and I doubt he took the time to haul Walter’s butt to the control room. Did I miss something? (BTW, Walter looks incredibly geeky when we finally see him in that horrible short-sleeved uniform thing)

      OK, here we go. The opening credits. The music gave me goosebumps!

      SGC Doctor: “They’re not human.”
      Jack: “Ya think?”

      Jack: “Yea, his eyes glowed. That was our first clue.”*gigglesnort*


      Jack: “Ah come on Samuels, let me be the cynic around here, ok?”

      Yea!!! Sam!!! OMG she looks like a teenager. And her eagerness and bravado makes me cringe. And what is with the flirting & innuendoes with your superior officer during a briefing? WTF?

      Jack: “Oh I adore you already Captain”

      In addition to the whole Jaffa-diva-crowns, I’ll have to look out for the point in which they stopped coming out of the gate like popsicles. Classic MacGyver comment by Sam - nice.

      Daniel!!! Yea! He was only falsely reported dead this time. Dude, what’s with your hair? And those glasses? Jack & Daniel talk about Charlie? Why did I forget this?

      Going to the Chulak (I had forgotten it was Chulak until the monk with the lizard-hood said it) they take this luggage-carrier-ATV thing. Kind of like a mule. It’s name is Fred. I like Fred. I think I’m going to name my scooter Fred.

      Jack: “Oh for cryin’ out loud.” Woot! He said that in the very first episode - ha!

      Large pic of Don S. Davis: (spoil'd due to size)
      Spoiler:

      Some classic quotes, and yes it is sad to look back on Don in these early episodes when he still had red hair.
      sigpic

      Comment


        I'm also hoping to rewatch Stargate SG-1, making it my third time through the series completely (1st tv, 2nd dvds) - although it was a week or 2 ago I watched Stargate the movie. I wanted to wait till the night time to watch this to encapture that experience whenever you first view a premier of a new tv show.

        It certainly was a great episode to draw everyone back into the Stargate universe. Done so well that if viewers hadn't watched the movie I feel they could still very easily be able to understand and enjoy what was happening. Just so many technical terms, terminology, facts, figures and explanations that you could pick up on or very easily miss.

        Great to see all the original "band", oh how they have changed, grown and aged both as their character and of course themselves. I have to agree with Cheerful Dragon, I still cringe with Carter's "I'm a woman, but I'm as tough as you" speech granted we all know she was trying to stand up to the "boys club" bravedo the team initially had but from what we know of Carter throughout the whole series it's very out of character - although I guess she wasn't as sure of herself or her place on the team as she now is.

        A remarkable performance from the late Don S. Davis, I couldn't help but concentrate on General Hammond and the commanding presence he has whenever present on screen. He will be missed.

        Plenty of "Jack-sims" Pic-CollSwan that had be laughing reminding me of what a funny guy Jack and Richard Dean Anderson was/still is, when compared to the almost dark/haunted portrayal of Jack by Kurt Russell.

        Like others have said Teal'c conveyed that feeling that everything these so called "Gods" were doing and treating their "followers" was just not right. An excellent first portrayal and introduction to the Teal'c character by Christopher Judge.

        Kawalsky I forgotten how the comradery between him and Jack was, like Jack he is a pretty funny guy at times. Oh and Walter doing his first chevron call.

        I liked how they came out almost "icey" and travel sick once they had travelled through the Stargate, i guess that wasn't viable to continue it throughout the series. The music must mention as it helped introduce all the (what now is) familiar tunes, sounds and music of the Stargate universe.

        Hopefully I'll be posting more on Gateworld as I rewatch the episodes.

        Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

        Comment


          Originally posted by pritnep View Post
          Like others have said Teal'c conveyed that feeling that everything these so called "Gods" were doing and treating their "followers" was just not right. An excellent first portrayal and introduction to the Teal'c character by Christopher Judge.
          I completely agree. This is even more evident in the next few eps.

          And, fantastic first post!!

          Comment


            Thanks Pic-CollSwan and cheers for the rep.

            Edit: And thank you to Cheerful Dragon, I just noticed it.
            Last edited by pritnep; July 24, 2008, 06:26 AM.

            Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

            Comment


              Ummmmm interesting question about Apophis & his jaffa going back through the gate. I guess we'll have to credit that to his hand devise, Afterall who's to say we know everything their technology can do??? The bigger question is... Why weren't they killed by the (wooosh) when the gate opened again??? After all, they never stepped off the ramp, but still damn good first try since they were inventing SG1 from the ground up so to speak.

              Comment


                I have to say that I really enjoyed the original movie & when I first heard the series was coming out I was instantly a fan even before the pilot episode. I think 1 of the biggest impressions on me was seeing Michael Shanks the 1st time. His look, his hair, even the way he sounded & the way he kinda grinned. OMG! He so nailed James Spader. I was very impressed with him & right then. l knew I'd stay a fan In General. I liked how it so nicely tied into the movie too :-)

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Cheerful Dragon View Post
                  It's on the GateWorld front page. He died on June 29th 2008. I went to the front page a couple of days ago and the news was there. It wasn't a good start to the day.
                  This has nothing to do with the thread but I just wanted to say " I love your dragon"

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ValaDee View Post
                    This has nothing to do with the thread but I just wanted to say " I love your dragon"
                    Thank you!
                    C-D
                    Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature


                    Sig by *E*K*R*

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by SG1FanOregon View Post
                      I have to say that I really enjoyed the original movie & when I first heard the series was coming out I was instantly a fan even before the pilot episode. I think 1 of the biggest impressions on me was seeing Michael Shanks the 1st time. His look, his hair, even the way he sounded & the way he kinda grinned. OMG! He so nailed James Spader. I was very impressed with him & right then. l knew I'd stay a fan In General. I liked how it so nicely tied into the movie too :-)
                      He really did, didn't he.

                      I don't think they could've tied it to the movie any better and still left it open for a series.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                        It's a bit of a shock if you aren't expecting it, I can tell you!
                        You can say that again. Throughout the entire beginning I was wondering why the hell my dvd says the pilot is rated "R". Then all of a sudden, "WHOA! That's why!"

                        Absolutely amazing piece of work, though, the entire thing. Really not much more can be said. What a way to start the series off!

                        Comment


                          *fan fan fan fan* I LOVE SKAARA! *ahhh!* His dreads are IRRISISTABLE! But I am really sad that he gets turned into a Goa'uld....darn. And, adding to ZoSo, I had no idea it was rated R untill AFTER. And by then I already knew, you know? I was also being a "good girl" and I watched them in order.

                          Comment


                            Today I watched the DVD version for the first time since turning 18 and therefore the first time of watching it legally (UK DVD age restriction laws are quite strict in that it's actually against the law to watch something you're not old enough for, it's not advisory)

                            How the franchise has changed over the years, it starts off shakey but once you're past the "I'm Hammond and I'm a dick" and "just because my sex organs..." it's a good episode.

                            Shame we didn't see more of the random cave man who was throwing rocks at the Jaffa.
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!


                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post

                              Shame we didn't see more of the random cave man who was throwing rocks at the Jaffa.
                              Yes! green-for-you

                              Comment


                                Yep, this is the best show EVER. Its kind of amazing, You look and see on how little they started out with and you look on how much they ended up with. (All the knowlege of the Asgard, Almost all the knowlege of the Anceints. And waay more.) Plus its fun to just watch the very end of the stargate series then watch the very first episode.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X