Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L E E View Post
    well, it's a good news for me if they're gonna redo the ep. i just hope its not too much. just take out that nudity scene and add commentaries, preferrably from RDA.
    I believe the nudity scene was put in to show and represent the sexual aspect of taking a host. Very similar to the way a vampire feeds, the sexual aspect makes it something that has to be done. Without the human instinct to have sexual intercourse, children would not be born. A.K.A. zero to negative population growth. Without the Goa'uld's "sexual like" instinct to take hosts they would cease to exist. The nudity is simply a bridge for our minds to cross in order to understand the psyche of the Goa'uld.

I also believe going back and editing out nudity or action scenes in movies is a disgusting practice. It would be like putting a pair of boxers on Michelangelo's David. It destroys art if you are to young or immature to watch the action or nudity scenes, than do not watch the show at all. Cartoons are plentiful along with stupid, worthless, and cheesy comedy.
    sigpic

Comment

Are they really remaking or rejigging COTG?

This is the final nail in the coffin of my watching of Stargate. It's basically disappearing where the sun doesn't shine.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
        Are they really remaking or rejigging COTG?

This is the final nail in the coffin of my watching of Stargate. It's basically disappearing where the sun doesn't shine.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
        I can't say for sure that they are going to edit COTG, I was simply responding to the post made by LEE.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes..it is true .There's a Special Edition coming out :

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...pecial+Edition
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
            Yes..it is true .There's a Special Edition coming out :

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...pecial+Edition
            (This a more straightforward answer)

Gateworld released an article called "Special edition of SG-1 pilot episode in the works" on Friday - April 4, 2008.
            http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...i_pilot_.shtml

Following this release a dozen different websites had similar posts. There is no official release date to my knowledge.
            sigpic

Comment

does this mean that I get to do a fandom flounce?

*bounces up and down*

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for tracking that exact article down .
                I tried to find it ,bit *cough* ended up reading other articles instead .
                *Green for staying on target*

No release date yet ,but I'm sure it'll be all over Gw the moment it's given.

LOL at MC 's Fandango & Flounce routine !
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                  Thanks for tracking that exact article down .
                  I tried to find it ,bit *cough* ended up reading other articles instead .
                  *Green for staying on target*

No release date yet ,but I'm sure it'll be all over Gw the moment it's given.

LOL at MC 's Fandango & Flounce routine !
                  Sure no problem. I stumbled over it, I wasn't actually searching for it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Having watched my DVDs up to half-way through season 4, I realised I've only commented on a few episodes. I've decided to put that right, so I'm starting again from scratch.

I enjoyed this episode in many ways, but there are certain things I wasn't too sure about. The "I'm a woman, but I'm as tough as you" speech from Captain Carter grated a bit. From what we've come to know of her, it's not the way she is. I also found the frontal nudity unnecessary. When Carol Kennedy was 'tested', she was only shown from the back. When she was on the slab, we only saw her from the neck up. IMO, the same would have been good enough when Sha're was chosen. You can get the sex aspect or vulnerability with just the rear view.

Other than that, it was a good way to get re-acquainted with the characters from the film, and a good way to get to know the new ones. Christopher Judge conveyed so much about what Teal'c was feeling without saying a word, or even giving a particular look. The look on RDA's face when Skaara used the ribbon device against him was incredible, hopeless and despairing. My heart went out to him.

I must mention General Hammond, played by the late Don S. Davis. In this episode he's very much a 'by the book' commanding officer, but you can see the foundations of the character he becomes. There's the little smile just before O'Neill tells him that the report wasn't 'entirely accurate', and his refusal to lock down the Stargate until the last possible minute. I missed him when he bowed out at the end of season 7. I will always miss him.
                    C-D
                    Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Oh I didn't know he had died.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for letting me know MC. I think it is time I re-watched this episode, perhaps as part of a Don S Davis retrospective.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                          Oh I didn't know he had died.
                          It's on the GateWorld front page. He died on June 29th 2008. I went to the front page a couple of days ago and the news was there. It wasn't a good start to the day.
                          C-D
                          Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Looking back it's hard to imagine that we wont see him in any new episodes. Though I prefer not to think about the fact that he is dead when watching past episodes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Another thing I noticed is that Carter mentions she is combat trained yet if you look at the Season 1 closely, you will see that Carter first fires a weapon in Hathor when all men were brainwashed. It was the 13th episode. I'm not criticizing but something that just struck me odd. I understand she is more of a scientist who has been military trained. But it just struck me odd.

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
                                Another thing I noticed is that Carter mentions she is combat trained yet if you look at the Season 1 closely, you will see that Carter first fires a weapon in Hathor when all men were brainwashed. It was the 13th episode. I'm not criticizing but something that just struck me odd. I understand she is more of a scientist who has been military trained. But it just struck me odd.
                                Who says she didn't ever fire a weapon? I'm sure she engaged in combat on several occasions that we just didn't see. You have to remember that there is a lot more to Stargate than what we see on screen. However, we see her in hand to hand combat in Emancipation, as well as The First Commandment, and she was in a fire fight with Apophis and his personal guard in The Nox.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X