No announcement yet.

Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always just thought they didn't want to even attempt to attack the First Prime of their god without their god's expressed orders. Since they recieved no such orders, they would not want to chance it.

Flimsy maybe, but it worked to keep my mind quiet.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
      I always just thought they didn't want to even attempt to attack the First Prime of their god without their god's expressed orders. Since they recieved no such orders, they would not want to chance it.

I suppose I can buy that. This whole scene is more annoying after watching 'bloodlines' today. Brat'ac takes down a row of guys quickly with his weapon. Apparently Teal'c coud've mowed them down faster in COTG, but chose to take his time. Or are there different models of the staff weapons out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin

Maybe they just couldn't aim with those helmets on, lol.

Comment

Another question, not really specific to this episode, but it does relate.

How does this whole calculating for planetary shift thing work? Would that involve dialing a totally different group of symbols? I guess it just seems odd that they mention it and then it is basically fixed from then on.

Comment

I was watching this again today and noticed something rather odd. Did anyone notice that Epophis reentered the incomming wormhole? I thought that it had been stated numerous times that matter can travel only in one direction in a wormhole. How is it that he was able to accomplish this? Or is it just another plot hole?

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz
              I was watching this again today and noticed something rather odd. Did anyone notice that Epophis reentered the incomming wormhole? I thought that it had been stated numerous times that matter can travel only in one direction in a wormhole. How is it that he was able to accomplish this? Or is it just another plot hole?
              Plot hole.

It was never explained how he was able to leave the SGC when we never saw them looking for the control room let alone how to dial out. It's possible they did a manual dial or Apophis had some sort of device to activate the gate without the use of a DHD (which we saw in later seasons to exist)

How does this whole calculating for planetary shift thing work? Would that involve dialing a totally different group of symbols? I guess it just seems odd that they mention it and then it is basically fixed from then on.
              The PTBs just walked into a brick wall with this one. What we know is that after thousands of years you would need to recalculate every address because of Stellar Drift. We needed to do it, we assumed the Goa'uld had to do it, and have done it.

As a result the old addresses would be worthless and we would need to figure out the new ones. Then they introduced coralative updates so now the Goa'uld can use one set of addresses (those from Abydos) and the DHD would just automatically compensate to allow a connection. Earth is stuck using a completely different set of addresses because we have no DHD to make the change for us. However, Stellar Drift was blamed on why Jackson couldn't get any world to work on Abydos but they didn't need to be updated at all because the DHD would compensate. He was just picking wrong addresses to try.

Despite addresses that the Goa'ud use (which shouldn't work for us without a DHD) seem to work without a problem with no need for updating, because we have seen addresses being entered and working. So the whole Stellar Drift thing completely went out the window early on and serves no purpose anymore. We just use the same addresses as the Goa'uld because Bra'tac has recognised them, Teal'c has given us addresses that work, same for the Tok'ra and not a single suggestion that we had to update to get these new addresses to work.
              Last edited by SaberBlade; September 19, 2006, 06:13 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks SaberBlade!

I was also wondering about the whole moving the wrong direction in a Wormhole. Isn't there a number of situations were people start to go in the worm hole and then pull out. You'd think that wouldn't be possible either, as it is changing directions in the middle of whatever it is that happens to you in the Wormhole.

Comment

You can put your arm or something into the wormhole and removing it is harmless, you'll be fine. It acts as a way to keep the wormhole active than automatically closing. Your body isn't being transmitted so matter isn't being sent through the wormhole, it's only until you pass through the event horizon and transport beings that you'd be screwed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by omnian View Post
                    I agree....and Apophis also says something regarding the Stargate right before his exit scene doesn't he? He says something in Goa'uld and sort of points his head towards the Stargate. Perhaps this was a signal to his Jaffa to manually dial?
                    after watching through season 9, we know that the gould dont have a manual dialer like cassies. i have rewatched the episode and right before the cutscene apophis say something like "ala spe" in gould and kind of points his head towards the gate. i think he is signling to one of his jaffa to go and dial the gate. they just dont show this part because it would be a kind of worthless addition. and to someones post above, who says the gould cant use our dialer. it is full operational because they used it in the movie. it was just covered becuase the sgc was kindof closed.

Comment

yeh i think that whole "tagr ala spree" means either manually dial the gate or find the tauri dialer, im guessing it was either of those two. Thats probably how Gen Hammond managed to get there just as Apophis was leaving...

did anyone pick up the camera shadow in the first crane cam sequence, there's also one in the Broca Divide where the Light people bring SG1 into their minoan temple thing...

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
                        did anyone pick up the camera shadow in the first crane cam sequence, there's also one in the Broca Divide where the Light people bring SG1 into their minoan temple thing...
                        I try to gloss over that little blooper...

Comment

When Apophis tells Teal'c to dial the Gate, he says this:

Teal'c, kon ans'li.

If you'll remember from the movie that Anubis (Ra's First Prime) had a crystal on his wrist that activated the rings aboard Ra's ship. If you look real closely, Teal'c has a similar device (not Cassie's device from "1969") concealed in a pocket on his wrist. You must remember that Apophis's new mate was about to become fully mature and it was ready to take on a host. That was why he was going to all these planets.

Most, if not all, of the system lords, have the addresses to the planets they wish to conquer or survey. Because of the genetic memory trait (Something we don't find out until "The Enemy Within", but TPTB wanted to get across), Apophis knew that the Earth gate did not have a DHD.
                          "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
                            yeh i think that whole "tagr ala spree" means either manually dial the gate or find the tauri dialer, im guessing it was either of those two. Thats probably how Gen Hammond managed to get there just as Apophis was leaving...

If you mean at the very beginning, I did pick up on that. It's called a fade effect to show that they're going from one distinct place to another seamlessly. Basically, it's a cost saving shot.
                            "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

[/QUOTE]
                              If you'll remember from the movie that Anubis (Ra's First Prime) had a crystal on his wrist that activated the rings aboard Ra's ship.[/QUOTE]

how could ras first prime be anubis. he was killed at the end of the movie but when he ascended in the show, he went to keb when he was still alive. explain

Comment

He was also called anubis.. But i am betting they made a fubar when they called him that..

Comment

Working...
                                X