No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Thor Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Sam/Thor Shippers! I missed you and our craziness during the Forum downtime. Seems I can't go for long without some Smor insanity to cheer my day.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      Good to be back and see everyone's lunacy!
      Its good to be back
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Sam and Thor took a little side trip while the Forum was down.
        Thor really like the name of the town they visited and is considering renaming his ship.
        Think Jack will be able to pronounce it?

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          Thor really like the name of the town they visited and is considering renaming his ship.

Isn't Britannia the name of the Titanic's sister-ship? The one that sank 6 months after the Titanic did?
          Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

More to the point, how will Thor's lips move when he tries to pronounce it?

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
              Isn't Britannia the name of the Titanic's sister-ship? The one that sank 6 months after the Titanic did?
              *looks down* [Tok'ra voice]Actually, the HMS Britannia is a WW1 battleship launched in 1904 and sunk by a UB-50 in 1918. She was the last Royal Navy ship two be sunk in WW1. The armistice was signed just 2 days later.[/Tok'ra voice]
              *looks down* My symbiote just loves searching the web and proving me wrong.
              Last edited by Schrodinger's Cat; 22 March 2005, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Is the name of the town "Britannia", or is the name "Lalantianlandofthejollygreengiantandtenkilometersfromrockseshathardplacebutstil linthemiddleofnowhere Town"?

Comment

The name is Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwryndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                    The name is Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwryndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.
                    Is that the name of a real town in Wales?

I prefer the name "Lalantianlandofthejollygreengiantandtenkilometersfromrockseshathardplacebutstil linthemiddleofnowhere Town", of course. I'm from NY, so that's something I can actually pronounce.
                    La-Lantian-Land-Of-The-Jolly-Green-Giant-And-Ten-Kilometers-From-Rockseshathardplace-But-Still-in-The-Middle-Of -Nowhere Town

Comment

Yup, it's a real town. I've visited it. Or at least, I used the toilets in the supermarket there.

Does anyone else ever wonder if the Asgard ever have dirty thoughts? I think it's pretty obvious that Thor is checking out Sam here:
                      Last edited by Hywel; 13 May 2009, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                        Yup, it's a real town. I've visited it. Or at least, I used the toilets in the supermarket there.

Does anyone else ever wonder if the Asgard ever have dirty thoughts? I think it's pretty obvious that Thor is checking out Sam here:

That looks a lot more like Freyr than Thor. But, of course,
                        Spoiler:
                        Thor needed a new body at the end of Reckoning, Part 2. In addition,
                        Thor needed a new body after 5x22 "Revelations"/6x03 "Descent".

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Very observant. But of course the 2 look very similar.
                          It's good to be back.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            How do we know that the Asgard aren't really all the same "person"? maybe that's Thor's consciousness in EVERY Asgard body. It could be a subtle Asgard ruse to keep us off-guard.

Comment

Hi everybody - sigh - its soooo good to be back. Seshat - wow - Wales, such a lovely country - did Thor join the Welsh fans for a celebratory drink after their spectacular performance - I hope so We had to learn ow to pronounce the name of that town in Primary school and I still remember it!
                              And of course hello Hywel, S. Cat and jckfan!!!!! Hoooorayyyy

Comment

Inspired by both this pic and Easter Lily's fantastic reworkings I thought Thor woud like to induldge in some singing while he was in Wales (please anyone who is Welsh forgive me)

Clones of Asgard (Men of Harlech)
                                Asgard, raise thy banners o'er us
                                See the foe array'd before us
                                Men of Cemmeria shout the chorus
                                Cambria live for aye!
                                Should until the cry is sounding
                                To our land's remotest bounding
                                And K'Tau is resounding
                                Halla live for aye!

Heroes, soldiers, rally
                                On the foe we'll sally
                                We will chase the hostile race